top lads

Anyone know the whereabout of Jimmy and alan whitticker, wink, duggie and jibber all good lads from the early 70s

Jenks, Gog Bailey, Haguey, the Birkenshaws. etc ?? Not forgetting.... Indian Joe !!

Edited by Señor Sam

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

Do you mean dave jenkins from stocksbridge, His sister loraaine aregular on the kop but sadly died in a car accident

..I can answer that..nope..different Jenks.

What about the 'Celtic' contingent...Darryl and Norman...or Nudge, Trev and Pete....

...the 'Coach' reference was to where we all used to meet to drink before matches...and erm...most nights....and afternoons....was just being cryptic, sorry.

2 words.. THE VAN.

Who is it in the coach and horsers? jibber i suspect.he was always one for the beer and the yard of ale competitions

ours wasd the supporters club after a visit ti the mucky duck in town, the meet up after the match in the claymore in town

Guest greenways

Alan Whittaker still a season ticket holder and goes to some away games,saw Jimmy at Barnsley last week,but he is a rare visitor now.Wink and Jibber have dissappeared from the scene.Gog Bailly still around,so is Nudge and Indian Joe but he no longer watches SWFC.Long live THE VAN but now we are older and artheritic we have progressed to a Greenways bus

Alan Whittaker still a season ticket holder and goes to some away games,saw Jimmy at Barnsley last week,but he is a rare visitor now.Wink and Jibber have dissappeared from the scene.Gog Bailly still around,so is Nudge and Indian Joe but he no longer watches SWFC.Long live THE VAN but now we are older and artheritic we have progressed to a Greenways bus

I bump into Jenks when in Spain, he hasn't changed. Were you in the Van when we went to Lincoln full of furniture when we left Chapeltown, empty when we reached Lincoln.Anyone seen Phyliss ?

Guest norton12

hello,

Alan J. Whiticker (born 1958 Penrith, New South Wales) is a prolific Australian non-fiction author with currently over 35 published books.[1]

Whiticker writes primarily on matters pertaining to the history of the sport of rugby league in Australia but has also published works on subjects as diverse as the Wanda Beach Murders[2] and an adaptation of Homer's Iliad.[3] He is an Assistant Principal of a primary school in the Diocese of Sydney.[rr4]

When i got more information about Whiticker than i will inform you.

thanks!!

dreambox 800hd pvr

hello,

Alan J. Whiticker (born 1958 Penrith, New South Wales) is a prolific Australian non-fiction author with currently over 35 published books.[1]

Whiticker writes primarily on matters pertaining to the history of the sport of rugby league in Australia but has also published works on subjects as diverse as the Wanda Beach Murders[2] and an adaptation of Homer's Iliad.[3] He is an Assistant Principal of a primary school in the Diocese of Sydney.[rr4]

thanks!!

dreambox 800hd pvr

dont forget to take your medication first!!!

hello,

thanks!!

dreambox 800hd pvr

What relevance is this ?

this jibber your on about was his surname johnson and lived out upper haugh way ......i'm sure it must be coz he always won the yard of ale contest in the ozzie owl club before the game .....and is duggie called davies and from mexboro .....1970s such a long time ago

Edited by torryowl

Remember standing on the kop, no roof, weeing it down, about 400 of us stood in the middle trying to create an atmosphere. Someone somewhere must have photos of those dark days ?

...long before the days of cameras and well you know it you owd bugger... ;-)

Remember standing on the kop, no roof, weeing it down, about 400 of us stood in the middle trying to create an atmosphere. Someone somewhere must have photos of those dark days ?

Only too well mate singing ridiculous songs like "We are the last of, the last of the Kop" and "We'll support you evermore, even in Division Four".

Having said that, depressing as the football was, we had some great away trips and the camaraderie was brilliant. Remember one night game at Shrewsbury, took all of two coaches and the fifty or so of us on the open end were doing the bloody conga and giving it loads to "Singing In The Rain". To top it all we hadn't won away all season and then Eric Potts missed an open goal from 5 yards out (right in front of us) with only about two minutes left, put it about ten felt over the bar! Poor old Geordie was doing his flippingnut! :biggrin:

Then we came out of the ground and someone had sprayed on the wall "Shrewsbury Town Skull Crushers!" laughed about it all the way home!

Edited by Utah Owl

Only too well mate singing ridiculous songs like "We are the last of, the last of the Kop" and "We'll support you evermore, even in Division Four".

Having said that, depressing as the football was, we had some great away trips and the camaraderie was brilliant. Remember one night game at Shrewsbury, took all of two coaches and the fifty or so of us on the open end were doing the bloody conga and giving it loads to "Singing In The Rain". To top it all we hadn't won away all season and then Eric Potts missed an open goal from 5 yards out (right in front of us) with only about two minutes left, put it about ten felt over the bar! Poor old Geordie was doing his flippingnut! :biggrin:

Then we came out of the ground and someone had sprayed on the wall "Shrewsbury Town Skull Crushers!" laughed about it all the way home!

Didn't we go 35 games without an away win ?? It became cult following to be at the away game when we would win... and Jeff Johnson (?) did it for us at Reading (?) with a 35 yard screamer, don't remember much after that. Got plastered with Fresh Fish and the guys mentioned in the original post.

Didn't we go 35 games without an away win ?? It became cult following to be at the away game when we would win... and Jeff Johnson (?) did it for us at Reading (?) with a 35 yard screamer, don't remember much after that. Got plastered with Fresh Fish and the guys mentioned in the original post.

Yeah it was something like that. If I recall correctly the last win we had was in 74/75 season away at Southampton on the day after boxing day (think that was the last win for that season too) and then it was just dire for the next 20 months. Thought we might have cracked the case at Brighton (last away game of the 75/76 season) when we scored early on and led the whole match only for them to equalise in injury time! Of course when the win finally came I bloody well missed it! :blink: