Who did what?

Guest JonR

Guest owlsowlsowls

Any chance of a quick summary cos this post has confuddled me big time (just when I was off to bed) Bills is ringing round on behalf of Lee to see if anyones interested in forming a consortium headed by Lee? Is that right? ohmy.gifblink.gif

ls.gif

I think Bills may be a little too late if this was the case.

Not at all.

Lee Strafford as a puppet Chairman trying to run the club with no money by brow-beating fans and dangling the carrot of investment - disaster.

Lee Strafford as a force for change, backed by real money, job security and professional guidance, channeling his passion for Wednesday - brilliant.

I don't disagree with any of the quoted post.

However earlier you said the following, none of which should just be ignored even given his position as a puppet?

Lee Strafford thought that fixing SWFC was like playing a computer game

That he is a quitter when the going gets tough

That he has made poor decisions for SWFC by giving away shirt sponsorship revenue and the managerial appointment

That even the people closest to him in SWFC were sick of him

But you are ready to put your reputation on the line for him?

Any chance of a quick summary cos this post has confuddled me big time (just when I was off to bed) Bills is ringing round on behalf of Lee to see if anyones interested in forming a consortium headed by Lee? Is that right? ohmy.gifblink.gif

ls.gif

[/quote

from what i can gather it could be a possibility ,if the usual stirers back off for a few days and stop getting his back up,

but then u know what bills is like ,i say let him have a go and see what transpires ,can't do no worse

Guest mickymagik

Does Lee know?!

sack that - does Mrs Lee know?!

From what i read bills says Lee turned down offers of cantact from wealthy people he knows

Not at all.

Lee Strafford as a puppet Chairman trying to run the club with no money by brow-beating fans and dangling the carrot of investment - disaster.

Lee Strafford as a force for change, backed by real money, job security and professional guidance, channeling his passion for Wednesday - brilliant.

Nail on the head for me this one

Guest owlsowlsowls

So Lee already has other backers? Or are you just pulling my leg? lol

It would be great if he steamed back in with a big bag of cash and told them all to rumbleing do one.

Wheels are turning.

Guest billsaja

I don't disagree with any of the quoted post.

However earlier you said the following, none of which should just be ignored even given his position as a puppet?

Lee Strafford thought that fixing SWFC was like playing a computer game

That he is a quitter when the going gets tough

That he has made poor decisions for SWFC by giving away shirt sponsorship revenue and the managerial appointment

That even the people closest to him in SWFC were sick of him

But you are ready to put your reputation on the line for him?

I don't think for one second he "quit" - in fact I know for a fact he was pushed.

The shirt sponsorship is tricky - now it looks terrible because of where we are in the League - at the time it probably made sense, and frankly for non-monetary reasons I am proud as hell of the club for doing it. As for the manager, seems our CURRENT chairman had more to do with that.

And yes, the people on the board were sick of him, but I think the feeling was mutual, and I'd LOVE to see it go around.

That said, quite possible Lee doesn't WANT the job again. If that's the case, anyone else want to step up and front?

I don't see how Lee would have any influence now.

Or why he would be needed?

He would be a great figure head. I was thinking he could be a useful leader for the WTID scheme if he didnt have other plans. I think for most fans, its really bad news that he has left and for a while he was the fans champion.

To be fair to Lee he has a think big attitude, but hasnt had the cash to put it in place. Our previous chairman wouldnt have thought twice about going for the world cup or producing a masterplan...imagine what he could achieve with money.

Guest mickymagik

Thats an old one I think - there were some handbags about that on here pre Xmas I seem to remember.

Just what he says in earlier posts,

Now all water under the bridge he thinks now he might listen.