Worksop Owls

Guest pendo_swfc

is there still a supporters club in Worksop. I know there used to be but not heard anything about it for a long time.

Also anyone up for setting up a list of people travelling to matches from Worksop that are willing to give a lift to others

is there still a supporters club in Worksop. I know there used to be but not heard anything about it for a long time.

Also anyone up for setting up a list of people travelling to matches from Worksop that are willing to give a lift to others

Not much use to you, but I used to live in Worksop, went to every home match for years on the supporters bus, and played for a Sunday League side called Worksop Owls. The supporters bus and football team were both run by Sammy Hunt-is he still around?

Originally from barnsley. Via mansfield I moved to the gateford area of Worksop area in 2008 and have had a season ticket for 20+ years! And sit on the kop!!!

I still don't know many folk around ere, due to working in Barnsley all week as a CPN - and spending all my spare time with my young family (apart from going to the matches) - if ya see me kickin about - I'll be the 6foot 9in bloke in the Wednesday shirt! There can't be many of those around !!!

I'm from Worksop went in the Navy in1980 and did full service 23 years and am now settled and living in Yeovil get up to a couple of home games a season and quite a few away games down here when work lets me due to being a chef and always working.

I'm from Worksop. Not sure about the comment about more Pig fans than us, think its pretty even in my experience, true about the Man U and Chelsea fans round here and bloody Liverpool fans :angry: really wee wees me off watching them trundle off into Litten Tree every other Sunday thinking the're the worlds best fans, most of them won't have left Worksop nevermind "support" a team on the otherside of the country. Just for the record i'm a season ticket holder on the Kop :biggrin:

I was a Worksop Owl back in the 70s. Think it was Sam from up Kilton who run the supporters club in those days but I always went by train. and good old SUT to away matches. There was never loads of Wednesday fans though Edited by derbysowl

Guest Camorra Owl
The Mallard pub on the train station used to be owned by two brothers who were massive Wednesdayites but haven't seen them for years.Also knew a great lad that got married had a kid and moved to Leicester.

[quote name='Uptheowls85' timestamp='1349276980' post='4028182']
Anyone know the details of the coach that leaves from the cannon in worksop?
[/quote]

just found this thread - don t normally look beyond matchday forum

bus comes from retford , don t use it myself but found this out a few months ago for somene else - might still av a phone number for the bloke in retford who runs it - i can pm it to you if i have it

other than rthta ring kettlewells at retford as its their bus thta does it - they will give you the number of the bloke , that s how i found it