Any New York Owls Out There?

I'm moving to New York next week and wondered if there were any fellow Wednesdayites out there living in NYC. (will you be my friend?! :blush: )Does anyone know if there are any bars / pubs that show Championship games - I can't miss the Utd game!If not, im starting the SWFC New York Supporters Club..... I've converted a few aussies over the years so its time to start on the yanks.WTID

Hey,If you look at Exiled owls section myself and another have agreed to meet @ Nevada Smiths as I have an e-mail from them confirming they're showing the game!I'm only there on holiday though mind!If you got a spare room to sublet for the week while I'm out there I'd be interested though ;-) hahaGot an e-mail other day saying there renovating my hotel.....yay

I'm moving to New York next week and wondered if there were any fellow Wednesdayites out there living in NYC. (will you be my friend?! :blush: )Does anyone know if there are any bars / pubs that show Championship games - I can't miss the Utd game!If not, im starting the SWFC New York Supporters Club..... I've converted a few aussies over the years so its time to start on the yanks.WTID

We exist!

great thanks mate - looks like the place for footieIm only in a hotel for the first month until I find a place, sorryill see you in't pub

No worries! No harm in being cheeky and asking :biggrin: Already got a list of potential places I can try if the noise/mess is an issue! Look forward to meeting more Owls !Hopefully I'll have a 'cell' :ohmy: number then so for the 8 days I'm there if you fancy a few drinks somewhere etc in the evening I'm willing to come out as I'm out on holdiday by myself! Same for the rest of you :biggrin:

A friend of mines a wednesdayite , he was devastated he had booked to go to new york for play off final weekend without thinking .He watched the game in that nevada smiths in new york (hes got a t-shirt) he said there were about 6 owls in there and he shared a cab back with a couple of hartlepool fans

A friend of mines a wednesdayite , he was devastated he had booked to go to new york for play off final weekend without thinking .He watched the game in that nevada smiths in new york (hes got a t-shirt) he said there were about 6 owls in there and he shared a cab back with a couple of hartlepool fans

I was in there that day. There wasn't even 6 of us. I dragged a Saints and a Bolton fan along and made them cheer for us…

Hey,If you look at Exiled owls section myself and another have agreed to meet @ Nevada Smiths as I have an e-mail from them confirming they're showing the game!I'm only there on holiday though mind!If you got a spare room to sublet for the week while I'm out there I'd be interested though ;-) hahaGot an e-mail other day saying there renovating my hotel.....yay

Nevada Smiths is great, they'll open up at 7am for a game if they have to. They have TV's through out the pub. There is a basement with a big screen, ask if they'll open it up for you.If you're looking for a friendly boozer after the game try Playwrights irish bar- 42 West 35th Street (across from the Comfort Inn hotel) it's a very friendly place, and they love the brits.

Nevada Smiths is great, they'll open up at 7am for a game if they have to.

They have TV's through out the pub. There is a basement with a big screen, ask if they'll open it up for you.

If you're looking for a friendly boozer after the game try Playwrights irish bar- 42 West 35th Street (across from the Comfort Inn hotel) it's a very friendly place, and they love the brits.

Thanks - I'll write that on my phones map (hope it bloody saves when I change sim card! :biggrin:)

How did you manage to get a Green Card mate?