Liam Palmer

Guest bartos

Guest bartos

Very impressive, always looking for ball, good distribution and seems to be very intelligent for one so young.

What do others think? Has anyone seen much of him before?

Be good to get him out on loan to get some first team experience. I know it's only one game and against lower opposition but I think I saw enough to suggest he could make a step up

Very impressive, always looking for ball, good distribution and seems to be very intelligent for one so young.

Be good to get him out on loan to get some first team experience. I know it's only one game and against lower opposition but I think I saw enough to suggest he could make a step up

Says it was Oliver on official site!

Looking at wrong report, ignore me!

Edited by Vegan Owl

i`l be honest ive not seen him play once,but am well chuffed that people were impressed with him and maybe finally weve got some good attacking talent coming thru. wot type of player his he? box to box? or a miller type attacking mid that likes to create?

Guest aj_owl

Palmer played at hallam. Difficult to read against the opposition (no disrespect) however looks assured and seems to have the football brain to make a quick well judged decision. Like to see him given a chance in the paints trophy etc.

Guest Bobby_Light

Palmer looked class at hallam, ye against a throw opposition but he jus seemed to ooze that little bit of class on the ball, quality touch on a horrendous pitch and great distribution, cudnt of imagined potter looking half as good as he did. I was sat jus behind Irvine aswell and heard him shouting some great praise at him on 3 occasions during the game. Not seen a youngster look as good as him in years and years at Wednesday, time now to gradually build him into our first team,

Agree with what's been said. He looked confident, composed and worked hard.

He showed willingness to do all aspects of playing centre mid. Closed down quickly, got his foot in, tracked his runner well. Good first touch and plays with his head up.

He tried some 'Hollywood' crossfield balls. A couple came off.

AI rates him, that was apparent. Good prospect, if developed correctly we'll have a good player on our hands.

Edited by DesWalker

Yep, Palmer was always touted of as a good potential. He has pace, loads of skill and rocket of a shot on him.

I would say that he suffered a bit because we tend to play with flat midfield, and he is at his best in "the hole" just behind two strikers. Was tried on both wing and as classical central midfielder in the past.

Good luck to the fella.

I saw him at Hallam last night for the first time and was very impressed. As has been mentioned, great touch and a good range of passing. I think he'll make it. Was one of the better players last night, probably only behind Miller for MOM.

I saw him at Hallam last night for the first time and was very impressed. As has been mentioned, great touch and a good range of passing. I think he'll make it. Was one of the better players last night, probably only behind Miller for MOM.

Contrast that to Potter at Stocksbridge who was probably the least impressive player for us, closley rivalled by Hinds.