Alan Irvine

Guest Ben Thomas

Guest Ben Thomas

There are still three games left,if hekeeps us up he'l be a ledgend but people are going on about how poor a manager he is. If we go down then fair enough but we're not down yet!!!

There are still three games left,if hekeeps us up he'l be a ledgend but people are going on about how poor a manager he is. If we go down then fair enough but we're not down yet!!!

And where do you suggest the 'sea change in attitude' is going to come from? Last 3 games (big Easter schedule - decides most things) One point from Nine.

Yes, that's battling to save your life, isn't it?

Going have to be a big change in attitude for any optimism to continue.

Personally I'm dreading next week. I'll be glad when it is over.

If Irvine keeps us up, he'll have succeeded in the task he was appointed to do. He certainly won't be a legend.

If we stay up, he'll have done well, but only what fans would have expected from him when he was first appointed.

If we go down, in my opinion, he'll have royally fooked it up, but he'll be shielded from any real blame because of the continuing emphasis of Brian Laws and the squad he assembled. Should we eventually fail in our attempts to avoid the drop, it'll be the way we've been relegated that would anger me more. We are toothless, negative and horrendous to watch. Fans will accept it if we win the games to keep us up...but presently, we're not!

Either way, what ever division were in next season, I hope he changes his approach...I can't watch this style of football for much longer.

If Irvine keeps us up, he'll have succeeded in the task he was appointed to do. He certainly won't be a legend.

If we stay up, he'll have done well, but only what fans would have expected from him when he was first appointed.

If we go down, in my opinion, he'll have royally fooked it up, but he'll be shielded from any real blame because of the continuing emphasis of Brian Laws and the squad he assembled. Should we eventually fail in our attempts to avoid the drop, it'll be the way we've been relegated that would anger me more. We are toothless, negative and horrendous to watch. Fans will accept it if we win the games to keep us up...but presently, we're not!

Either way, what ever division were in next season, I hope he changes his approach...I can't watch this style of football for much longer.

If he had the players who had the ability to change I would agree, he hasn't they are talentless baffoons. Judge the man at the end of his contract.

Irvine came here needing us to have play off form for the rest of the season and if we go down by 1 or 2 points he'll have done a good job at getting us so close to staying up due to the fact Laws left us with a hell of a task to do.

IF we stay up he won't be a legend at all as that word comes up far too oftern nowadays.

Irvine has the same players as Laws did but the difference is Irvine uses what he has and makes them work hard, work for each other and organizes the team (like Everton do). it won't be fun to watch but it's effective and i know it's been said and i agree IF we could get a striker in e.g Adam Le Fondre we'd have been 10points better off.

Guest totemowl

Does anybody know our league position when Mr Laws was punted?

Laws Out P 21 18 pts

Irvine in P 23 19 pts

Now P43 45 pts

As things stand, nobody looks like coming out of this season with much credit.

It's been garbage. Laws was dire, Irvine has shown why Preston sacked him, and the players on the whole have proved themselves the squad with the least heart I've seen in a long time.

I'm ready for my summer hols now to be honest, screw the lot of them.

So which of the "monkeys" are to blame.... is it the players ...or could it be .Laws.....if not Laws then it must be Irvine....or of course it could be the fans again.

Or whipser it quitely could it just possibly be the organ grinder....Strafford and his brand managers.

Guest bartos

IIt's been a difficult season granted but we are not down yet so why point the blame finger?

Doing more harm than anything, we all need to focus on doing everything we can to get us out of this

Guest Crooky

Legend :s

blamin laws for our impending relegation is like blamin thatcher for the state of our economy,utter testicles. irvine has had more than enough time to turn it around and hes failed miserably,he sets out every game home or away to get a point

The difference here being that every government has new money through taxes to spend and change, whilst Irvine has had Brian's squad.