Players who should be no where near first team next season

It took the players time to get into the groove of Carlos' style of play. Had they hit it with the ground running from the off we would have finished a fair amount higher.

But I have a feeling next season will be more demanding and competitive. No half measures, no deadwood.

Poor worded thread and Hunt won't be replaced.

I would like to see more competition for Wallace, McGeady and Sougou weren't up to the mark.

I think we need to be able to really build pressure in home games with some tricky wingers if we are being held.

I'd like to see some competition for Loovens that can eventually replace him.

A different option up front to partner Hooper.

Beyond that we aren't desparete for a lot more.

1 x CB

2 x wingers

1 x CF

And any decent upgrades that become available.

I don't think we need too many changes at all. I think we realistically need 3-4 top quality players and we won't be far off again. Trim down the players on the periphery of the team like Semedo, Mcgugan, Mcgeady etc.

We've got some momentum at the moment and wholesale changes would disrupt that.

My goodness,we've just lost to a outstanding goal from hull and everyone's saying how rubbish our squad is,yeh we didn't play to our full potential,Carlos even said that but we weren't that bad,who wouldn't have given there left tessy if there'd have said at start of season we would be in with a chance of promotion

Edited by batemoor owls

I think we should let the dust settle on what has been a fantastic season before we get carried away with calling players not good enough. I don't think any member of the first team will be gone in August, at least not without a decent bid having been received. However there is plenty of room to refresh the squad as a whole with those not getting a look in now being moved on and replaced, hopefully by players who become first team regulars.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Can we start a "Fans who should be nowhere near the club next season" and start with the the OP.

How anyone can be negative after Saturday is beyond me.

Pretty harsh title.

Loanees;

Turner

Bennett

Lopez

Sasso

Pudil

Mcgeady

Out of contract

Semedo

Price

Lavery

Potential movers

Palmer

Bus

Melo

Helan

Sougou

OP is gonads. This reply is who I'd be looking at moving on. Try resign Pudil (unless there is a better younger replacement out there)

Not sure on Lopez, feel we can probably get better from somewhere

Also Bennett. Hes looked good in parts and he wants to stay, but can he deliver consistently like pudil?

If we dont need to sign loads of players then you would think carlos will be retaining most of them and in my opinion there is around 8 names that cant be on that list if we are to progress which will mean making a few signings

Maybe not, but perhaps this thread could have been more tactful/respectful. ie Who would you bring in in which positions (I think we've already got several of those) inferring that some players would be moved on or not get into the first team. We've had players this season not even make the bench that would have been cast iron first team picks in any season over the last 15 years. No doubt the same will happen next season. Pretty sure there'll be new faces that will lift the standard even further.

I'd look at a tough tackling dynamic midfielder wbo scores goals and someone like nuhiu but with more goals in him.

Also a taller more athletic winger for teams where we need more physical players and so we don't have to play bannan on the left or to give wallace a break.

Maybe some more cover for defence too.

I think we are three first team players away from having an 11 to match anyone.

If we could get knockhaert and diame that would be nice lol

I wouldn't say anyone needs gone.

Harshly worded op given the players- who have all played a part in getting us in a great position in the first place- will be at home now just as devastated as we are.

I have no doubt the Chairman and manager will already be meeting to discuss strengthening the squad and adding some more quality competition for places.

My goodness,we've just lost to a outstanding goal from hull and everyone's saying how rubbish our squad is,yeh we didn't play to our full potential,Carlos even said that but we weren't that bad,who wouldn't have given there left tessy if there'd have said at start of season we would be in with a chance of promotion

You need to constantly move forward with your squad season to season. Recognising areas for improvement is not only smart, but necessary.

I'd look at a tough tackling dynamic midfielder wbo scores goals and someone like nuhiu but with more goals in him.

Also a taller more athletic winger for teams where we need more physical players and so we don't have to play bannan on the left or to give wallace a break.

Maybe some more cover for defence too.

I think we are three first team players away from having an 11 to match anyone.

If we could get knockhaert and diame that would be nice lol

I wouldn't say anyone needs gone.

A big tough tackling midfielder who scored goals costs about £10m! See Diame.

OP is gonads. This reply is who I'd be looking at moving on. Try resign Pudil (unless there is a better younger replacement out there)

Not sure on Lopez, feel we can probably get better from somewhere

Also Bennett. Hes looked good in parts and he wants to stay, but can he deliver consistently like pudil?

Personally, I'd look at the squad this way. And this is being harsh, but if I was attempting to go for autos, sentiment goes out the window.

Gk - westwood followed by wildsmith, and we still have Dawson as 3rd choice. Potentially let price go. No signings needed.

defence - sorry, but Palmer and Helan aren't at the standard we now need. Turner was a waste of a wage, sasso was ok but not replacing loovens. Sign pudil, two full backs and at least one centre back (I'd have hutch in with lees as 1st choice).

Midfield - love him but semedos time is up. Melo, well, his injury record is worse than the crock jocks. Sougou and mcgeady are miles away from competing for a starting shirt, so they can go. Lopez, delivered but very inconsistent, I'd like huddlestone type players instead - something different. Mcgugan for me needs to be looked at as an option, as does matias. I wonder if mcgugan would have had the craft to open up hull? Winger and a couple of midfielders needed.

Attack - bus hasn't done it I'm afraid, his loan spell produced 1 goal in 10 (or 525 minutes of football). Lavery also needs to go to free up a shirt. I love that big donkey nuhiu, but it's time to look at his goal scoring record. Carlos needs to start him next to hooper, otherwise he's not a good enough option when we need goals. A goal scorer with experience, and ideally a bit of strength, would be ideal. I'd also look at Wilson or that lad barnsley had on loan from man utd.

That would leave us with;

Westwood, wildsmith, Dawson

Hunt

Loovens, Lees, Hutchinson

Pudil

Wallace, matias

Bannan, lee, mcgugan

Forestieri

Hooper, nuhiu, joao

7 players needed - lb, rb, cb, lw, cm x 2, St. Plus pudil to be signed.

11 players moved out.

Personally, I'd look at the squad this way. And this is being harsh, but if I was attempting to go for autos, sentiment goes out the window.

Gk - westwood followed by wildsmith, and we still have Dawson as 3rd choice. Potentially let price go. No signings needed.

defence - sorry, but Palmer and Helan aren't at the standard we now need. Turner was a waste of a wage, sasso was ok but not replacing loovens. Sign pudil, two full backs and at least one centre back (I'd have hutch in with lees as 1st choice).

Midfield - love him but semedos time is up. Melo, well, his injury record is worse than the crock jocks. Sougou and mcgeady are miles away from competing for a starting shirt, so they can go. Lopez, delivered but very inconsistent, I'd like huddlestone type players instead - something different. Mcgugan for me needs to be looked at as an option, as does matias. I wonder if mcgugan would have had the craft to open up hull? Winger and a couple of midfielders needed.

Attack - bus hasn't done it I'm afraid, his loan spell produced 1 goal in 10 (or 525 minutes of football). Lavery also needs to go to free up a shirt. I love that big donkey nuhiu, but it's time to look at his goal scoring record. Carlos needs to start him next to hooper, otherwise he's not a good enough option when we need goals. A goal scorer with experience, and ideally a bit of strength, would be ideal. I'd also look at Wilson or that lad barnsley had on loan from man utd.

That would leave us with;

Westwood, wildsmith, Dawson

Hunt

Loovens, Lees, Hutchinson

Pudil

Wallace, matias

Bannan, lee, mcgugan

Forestieri

Hooper, nuhiu, joao

7 players needed - lb, rb, cb, lw, cm x 2, St. Plus pudil to be signed.

11 players moved out.

Unless you think Joao really is going to come good, we need another forward, and this would be top priority.  It's not daft to think he will come good, but I am sceptical.  

Completely disagree re Lopez who has been one of our unambiguously premier league quality players - but I think this is wholly moot now.

Melo has been injured.  It happens.  He could yet be a star for us.

Don't disagree with the rest.