The race for Yorkshire.

Now Hull are to join us the Stage is set to see who's the three ridings Number 1.

Boro don't count as they're not in Yorkshire nor want to be.

Is it gonna be us with the grass shoots of development beginning?

Could it be L**D's with the madcap Chairman who might somehow transfer his genius management of a small provincial Italian side to the English leagues?

Or could it be Hull who have the luxury of màssive parachute payments and an experienced manager, certainly at Championship level?

Rotherham don't count.

Edited by M Royds

Guest Ellis Rimmer

Why do people always think this. Middlesbrough is Yorkshire. The people there agree it's Yorkshire. We used to play cricket there!

Nope. Not Yorkshire for years. Used to be Cleveland now in the county of Teesside.

Teesside isn't a county derrr

Why do people always think this. Middlesbrough is Yorkshire. The people there agree it's Yorkshire. We used to play cricket there!

Teesside isn't a county derrr

It's no longer in Yorkshire. From my small anecdotal evidence ( two people i used to work with lol )the locals don't class themselves a Yorkshire people.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

It's no longer in Yorkshire. From my small anecdotal evidence ( two people i used to work with lol )the locals don't class themselves a Yorkshire people.

Middlesbrough (11px-Speakerlink-new.svg.pngi/ˈmɪdəlzbrə/ MID-əlz-brə) is a large industrial town situated on the south bank of the River Tees in North Yorkshire, England.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middlesbrough

Edited by Ellis Rimmer

They don't have a choice, they're within the historic county boundaries.

If they want to identify with an administrative region then that's their choice but they have no history!!!!!

Guest Ellis Rimmer

If we go back far enough parts of South Yorkshire were in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.

lets just stick to the present mate

If we go back far enough parts of South Yorkshire were in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.

That wiki quote says is not was.  You know in the present, not in the past.   You're just wumming for the sake of it.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

Well I for one am all for Danelaw.

These Germanic Teutons come over here with their vulgar language and new religions, excellent cars and what have you. Get back to Saxony yer rumblezoids.

lol

The county it is in its Redcar and Cleveland. Though is in the ceremonial county of Yorkshire. My older Smoggy mates consider themselves Yorkshire the youngster ones don't

Redcar and Cleveland is not a county, it's a unitary authority, which also borders the separate unitary authority of Middlesbrough. Both of which are in Yorkshire.