Anyone use the Grandstand?

used it twice  hell of a climb up the steps  panoramic view  bar and refreshments  good leg room best in the ground  no pointing burberry types  chance to berate the RS commentators :biggrin:   

but  too high off the pitch for me 

Guest Iron Hunter

Had a half season ticket on there once and tbh,I dint like it.Distinct lack of atmosphere but each to there own eh?.

If you've got young uns it's ideal, friends I know who use it and take kids have nowt but good things to say

is Ozzie owl club still on go ? Don't they get players up there pre game to meet kids ?

Took my youngest to the Fulham game but used one of our spare season tickets in the North. It was too busy for him and getting out of the stadium was a nightmare hence the change of stands. I've never sat in the South or the Grandstand and I know its the more expensive area of the ground but as i'm Military, I get a Military discount for season tickets so it cost me £570 for 5 tickets in there. 

Just moving into the North after 10 years up there because my seat is part of the new VIP area.

I've said before, I had a fantastic view on the front row up there but I'm not keen on it when you go further back.

I never found the atmosphere a problem, if it's a decent game then it's fine if it's not the rest of the ground is usually dead anyway.

Can be a little quiet atmosphere wise but there isn't a deal of atmosphere anywhere in the ground during low attendance games, best view, great leg room and best concourse facilities, bars, food and toilets etc, been taking my daughter who is now 7 since she was 3, sat with her in the South and North but the Grandstand is the best for kids .

The front row has an excellent view and no worse than the top of the North & the most legroom in the ground, no atmosphere but no plonkers either, the catering is better but them steps, 91 I think although, if you're into fitness training  :rolleyes:, does anyone know if there's a lift?