invesrment

The answer is to "show some ambition", "speculate to accumulate" and "spend some money".

Now, what's the question again?

Don't get me wrong, the lack of attacking threat in midfield and up front need something to be done, and this will require some measure of investment. But for some, it doesn't matter what the circumstances or contexts are; the answer is always the same.

If we're in the relegation zone we need to spend to get out of it. Just above, and we need to spend to stay out of the drop zone and get into mid-table. In mid-table, we need to spend to challenge for the play-offs. In the play-offs, we need to spend to get automatic promotion. In the automatic promotion places, we need to spend to keep the rest behind us. If we haven't brought in a new player for three weeks the squad is stagnating and there's no ambition.

But then, I'd apparently be happy to see us get relegated, so I don't really care. It's like having a conversation with a recorded message sometimes. :dry:

Edited by DJMortimer

Guest Deleted member

Why do you assume he isnt banking any money?? What would you say if he was banking money before the bottom line and therefore the club looks as though its making a loss...

not saying this is happening.. but what if??

lol

You're quite a piece of work.

Wow what an amazing thread!!

Let's forget about the good things, let's forget sbout the loan signings of Marshall, Antonio, Barkley, Fryatt and Wickham, let's just concentrate on Sidibe and Ranger (who in actual fact played a part in our promotion.

Let's forget that our currant position is probably our best for years.

Let's just concentrate on the bad stuff, c'mon Milan get thi wallet aht ffs

Owlstalk mass bipolar strikes again

Guest Deleted member

Let's forget about the good things, let's forget sbout the loan signings of Marshall, Antonio, Barkley, Fryatt and Wickham, let's just concentrate on Sidibe and Ranger (who in actual fact played a part in our promotion.

Lets put it out there that Milan is trousering money which is causing the club to show a loss...

The 'cohort' strike again.

Owlstalk mass bipolar strikes again

With the exception of a brief spell under Brian Laws when we made a late charge for the play-offs, this is our best league position since getting relegated from the Premier League in May 2000; a period including 4 seasons in League One and a court hearing to potentially put us into administration... or worse. 

Negative Nigels with mass bipolar - thats something to behold.

If we win mid week and next Saturday the bipolar crowd will be predicting automatic promotion again.

You couldn't write some of the stuff on here, except you can, because they do.

We have progressed the last 4 seasons - I personally still think we will be top 10 come the end of the season, whats there to moan about?

Edited by Spookone

If by all you mean the 6/7000 who walk up on the day then we would be in worse position financially as they will be bought for a lower match day price than what we currently get.

No mate, I mean all those proper part-timers that say they won't go until MM starts chucking a few quid at it or we have a proper big game then moan cos they can't get a ticket.

About 20,000 of them on here I reckon.

Negative Nigels with mass bipolar - thats something to behold.

If we win mid week and next Saturday the bipolar crowd will be predicting automatic promotion again.

You couldn't write some of the stuff on here, except you can, because they do.

We have progressed the last 4 seasons - I personally still think we will be top 10 come the end of the season, whats there to moan about?

Isn't that a place in Gran Canaria? 

Milan wouldn't get this sorta veiled criticism...actually its less veiled than it used to be..If he simply told it as it is.

Wednesday Chairman are frightened to do that...F.ook knows why, cos at a decent price you'de get 20'000 watchin' Billy Smarts Circus versus Yeovil if you put the clowns in blue and white.

I jumped through hoops when we avoided admin, and some on here said it hardly mattered we should have taken it..like Southampton Palace Leeds etc...

So here we are today standing on the moral high ground while slipping down the league...

The Watford game put it in stark reality for me...Clubs are allowed to have god knows how many loan players, can go into administration once twice three times...and no-one gives a flyer...

Premiership return ticket, Europe in 5 years...this, that, the fookin' other...Progress...year on year...its not happened ..none of it, and still you get patience preached from the pulpit of the fookin' paranormal at Hillsborough.

All Owls fans needed from the beginning was trust...(probably the wrong word to use about the Allen years)...but Owls fans have never had it...Not from Dave Allen and now not from Milan Mandaric

Lee Strafford tried but his mandate was "Everyone had to toe the line, not criticise the club and Forward together, he got snubbed so started doing all the fookin' things he's asked us not to do..

I honestly don't understand haw they can sit ensconced in the South and look around at 30'000 nigh on, at home to sodding Reading and not realise the potential of this football club, how they can sit and stare at 40'000 in the fookin' 3rd division against Wycombe, and not realise the potential of this football club, how in the name of fookery can't you sell that potential to someone else?..baffling, honestly absolutely baffling.

They think its simply like herding bloody wildebeeste..they do...show 'em grass they'll trot up here and graze..

Wednesday fans are well aware they are bound by a ridiculous loyalty to summatt they see as an institution..not a sporting club as such but a steadfast part of their lives and the lives of the folk that went before them and dragged 'em kicking and screaming into this dance of the fookin' demented.

We are not fookin' stupid, We know your promises are tat, WE follow something you will never, ever, understand...

Milan wouldn't get this sorta veiled criticism...actually its less veiled than it used to be..If he simply told it as it is.

Wednesday Chairman are frightened to do that...F.ook knows why, cos at a decent price you'de get 20'000 watchin' Billy Smarts Circus versus Yeovil if you put the clowns in blue and white.

I jumped through hoops when we avoided admin, and some on here said it hardly mattered we should have taken it..like Southampton Palace Leeds etc...

So here we are today standing on the moral high ground while slipping down the league...

The Watford game put it in stark reality for me...Clubs are allowed to have god knows how many loan players, can go into administration once twice three times...and no-one gives a flyer...

Premiership return ticket, Europe in 5 years...this, that, the fookin' other...Progress...year on year...its not happened ..none of it, and still you get patience preached from the pulpit of the fookin' paranormal at Hillsborough.

All Owls fans needed from the beginning was trust...(probably the wrong word to use about the Allen years)...but Owls fans have never had it...Not from Dave Allen and now not from Milan Mandaric

Lee Strafford tried but his mandate was "Everyone had to toe the line, not criticise the club and Forward together, he got snubbed so started doing all the fookin' things he's asked us not to do..

I honestly don't understand haw they can sit ensconced in the South and look around at 30'000 nigh on, at home to sodding Reading and not realise the potential of this football club, how they can sit and stare at 40'000 in the fookin' 3rd division against Wycombe, and not realise the potential of this football club, how in the name of fookery can't you sell that potential to someone else?..baffling, honestly absolutely baffling.

They think its simply like herding bloody wildebeeste..they do...show 'em grass they'll trot up here and graze..

Wednesday fans are well aware they are bound by a ridiculous loyalty to summatt they see as an institution..not a sporting club as such but a steadfast part of their lives and the lives of the folk that went before them and dragged 'em kicking and screaming into this dance of the fookin' demented.

We are not fookin' stupid, We know your promises are tat, WE follow something you will never, ever, understand...

Ilove it when you go on one Asteener and the best bit is you are right ,

Thing about you Andy mate is that you earth rod your anger in a unique and powerful way no one can say you don't say it as you see it 

- marvelous