Worst than last season?

Right, going on this season, it's chalk and cheese points wise. I've worked it out as follows:

DJ averaged 0.68 pts per game.

SG averages 1.5 pts per game.

We'd be on 66 pts now (based on SG's performance - if he'd been in charge at start of season)... Which means we're a top 6 side!!!! I'm happy as chuff now! Playoffs at least next season!

You're presenting yourself to be quite bipolar throughout this thread lol 

Guest JonTheOwl66

How dare you question the Clappers!

We have progressed.

I mean, we will have less points in a worse league than last year.

But we HAVE progressed. I mean... We have Nuhiu! And Mandaric says we've progressed.

You can't compare the points this season to last when gray wasnt the manager for half of it.

You need to think if the football has been better since jones went and for me it has.

Thats what counts for me.

Edited by Eightace

Guest JonTheOwl66

You can't compare this points this season to last when gray wasnt the manager for half of it.

You need to think if the foorball has been better since jones went and for me it has.

Thats what counts for me.

Because the style of football you play determines whether you get promoted or not.

Of course.

How dare you question the Clappers!

We have progressed.

I mean, we will have less points in a worse league than last year.

But we HAVE progressed. I mean... We have Nuhiu! And Mandaric says we've progressed.

So you would rather have the team we had playing the football we played last season than the team we have playing the football we do under Gray?

DJ took us backwards, Gray has arrested that slide and took us forward, The points per game are key to the debate and the style of football is an added bonus. 

So you would rather have the team we had playing the football we played last season than the team we have playing the football we do under Gray?

DJ took us backwards, Gray has arrested that slide and took us forward, The points per game are key to the debate and the style of football is an added bonus.

But... We're still worse over the cause of the season.

It makes no sense! People tell me it's been a better season but the points tally suggests otherwise... Who do I believe? The stats or Mandaric? I'm so confused!

Guest JonTheOwl66

Where have I said I'd sooner have Jones back?

Football is a results based business. Not performance based.

I suppose that's why you like Barcelona so much though I guess.

Guest JonTheOwl66

By the way - it's absolute blasphemy to suggest Jones took us backwards. He did nothing except take us forward.

Guest CageFightingOwl

Yeovil are terrible, Barnsley are terrible, Blackpool are terrible, Millwall are terrible, Charlton are terrible, Doncaster are terrible, Birmingham are terrible,

We have survived with ease really despite an awful first 4 months of the season.

Staurt Gray and a few decent loan signings is the answer.

Only fools look at points totals.

Yeovil are terrible, Barnsley are terrible, Blackpool are terrible, Millwall are terrible, Charlton are terrible, Doncaster are terrible, Birmingham are terrible,

We have survived with ease really despite an awful first 4 months of the season.

And it's only because the teams you've listed are terrible that we aren't fighting for our lives again. If we had decent teams like last season, we'd be in deep do-do now! FACT!

Edit: What's our record like against these 'terrible' teams too? Scary stuff!

Edited by siowls

Guest JonTheOwl66

I usually agree with you JTO but Jones was tragic. We couldn't win a game in the end under him.

I was joking mate.

By the way - it's absolute blasphemy to suggest Jones took us backwards. He did nothing except take us forward.

So in your previous post you intimated you wouldn't want him back but in this post you state he did nothing but take us forward. But of course it was a joke even though you suggest in previous posts that we have not progressed this season.

Points per game under Gray this season is better than the total points per game last season. Considering where we were in December that represents progress. Not just style but substance as well. 

Edited by Guest

Guest JonTheOwl66

Or - to put it another way - we have only survived because these other teams have been so terrible.

Right?

So in your previous post you intimated you wouldn't want him back but in this post you state he did nothing but take us forward.

Points per game under Gray this season is better than the total points per game last season. Considering where we were in December that represents progress. Not just style but substance as well.

I think you missed the sarcasm. Easy to do on the internet.

Guest CageFightingOwl

So next season the bottom 5 teams dont win a game all season, we finish on 59 points and are sat in the final play off place.

The reason is the other 18 teams take points off each other all season and we have no clear top 2/4 like this season.

Do we still need to go on about point totals?