Bannan on the left

It works. It worked many times last season.

Can't understand why so many are against it. Ok it's not his best position, but he's more than capable of doing a good job there for the team. And that's the most important thing. 

Dont want (or expect) him to play there every week, but I'd much rather him play there than FF. Pudil should be back now, so with Reach, Bannan and even Wallace, hopefully FF's days out of position as a left winger, are over.

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

It works. It worked many times last season.

Can't understand why so many are against it. Ok it's not his best position, but he's more than capable of doing a good job there for the team. And that's the most important thing. 

Dont want (or expect) him to play there every week, but I'd much rather him play there than FF. Pudil should be back now, so with Reach, Bannan and even Wallace, hopefully FF's days out of position as a left winger, are over.

So where do you play FF then? Having Hooper & Fletcher on the pitch together is a must for me.

Reach although expensive as a left back, should remain there ahead of Pudil. Personally I'd like to see Palmer & Buckley one side and Reach & FF on the other. Having a midfield quartet of Bannan/Lee/Abdi & Jones is quite possibly the best quartet in the league to choose 2 from!

Edited by WayneTheOwl

31 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Not for me. He's a CM.

Those who went tonight can tell us how he played, and how Jones and Lee worked together.

And given that Fletcher/Hooper looks like being our front pairing, and rightly so, FF has to play wide.

I like the idea of Fletcher and Hooper, but the latter has to do a lot more for me. There's no comparison between what you get from Hooper, and what you get from Forestieri in the same position

The amount of people moaning about square pegs in round holes when we lose 1 game is ridiculous. In fairness sometimes they're right. We have a squad of such depth there's no need to be playing players out of position unless its tactical which i believe it was tonight.

Yes Bannan is capable of playing on the left but, is he better than Wallace, Reach, Buckley or Forestieri in that position? The simple answer is no. He can do a job there there's no doubt about that but, Reach is far superior, he's actually a winger and will influence the game on the left far more than Bannan ever will. Bannan is far better centrally. 

Many times last season we were lacklustre in the first half, things just would tick over. At half time or, a few minutes into the second half, Bannan would move central and we'd take control of the game. Blackburn at hom last season is a prime example. He's a very good player but, when pudil is fit he has to play centrally.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I like the idea of Fletcher and Hooper, but the latter has to do a lot more for me. There's no comparison between what you get from Hooper, and what you get from Forestieri in the same position

You got about one goal per match with FF up front last season, and just under 2 goals per match with Hooper up front.

FF is a better player to watch, but the team (somehow) doesn't function as well compared to him playing deeper and wider.

When bannan is on the left he loses his influence on the game and we simply can't afford to have his creativity lost especially with how teams are setting up against us now. 

For me if everyone is fit I would have forestieri at left mid pudil at left back fletcher and hooper up front and play reach at right mid. 

Nothing against Wallace and I think he does get a lot of undeserved criticism but I think reach has the about the same creativity and quality but a better knowledge of helping his full back. 

When we come up against the "stronger" teams who have good quality on the wings (mainly thinking of Newcastle) we should possibly drop hooper and have forestieri push further forward and central and have reach play in front of pudil and push lee on the right with abdi/jones partnering bannan in midfield 

Blackburn played with two out and out wingers and tried to stretch us. Buckley and Bannan had defensive duties from CC tonight and stuck to the job. Jones mopped up in the middle. Blackburn rarely got near us but imo they were so poor we could have attacked them and had an easier night. But we got the points so fair play to Carlos 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Swear this thread was started so Ihate and HolmOwl can have argument 500000000 about FF on the left wing. 

Not very observant. I refuse to take the bait laid by ishsb these days. I have developed a twitch and am taking diazepam but so far so good.

Seriously though...FF on the left works, sometimes it doesn't. 

He's had plenty of good games on the wing and some less so good ones. 

Likewise he's had some good games up top and some indifferent ones too. 

The whole point about having a squad is you rotate and use different options. 

Things don't have to be set in stone. 

Edited by SiJ