I think this highlights the current situation with the team

https://experimental361.com/2016/09/25/e-ratings-update-championship-25-sep-2016/

Saw this come up on my suggested websites on google (sorry if already posted) and I think it sums up how I felt on the north yesterday.

In short the article says we will finish 4th and is based on chances created to what you allow the other team. It shows how fragile at the back we currently seem and wasteful with our chances. But positive on how good the team itself actually as a team is. 

And that's kinda how I felt on the north yesterday. Watching the team I thought how good they were passing the ball and pressing Forrest when they lost it and if you were a neutral you would like to watch us. The problem was that i wasn't a neutral and couldn't enjoy the game because I was petrified we would waste all our chances and let Forrest take one of the small number of chances they had.

So seeing this article though makes me feel so much more positive that this season won't be a waste, we just need to get on a good run get our scoring boots on and we'll be up there. Hopefully higher than 4th though!

21 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

In short the article says we will finish 4th and is based on chances created to what you allow the other team. It shows how fragile at the back we currently seem and wasteful with our chances. But positive on how good the team itself actually as a team is. 

But it doesn't show that at all, it says outright that by its predicted model we have the fourth best defence in the league? 

50 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

https://experimental361.com/2016/09/25/e-ratings-update-championship-25-sep-2016/

Saw this come up on my suggested websites on google (sorry if already posted) and I think it sums up how I felt on the north yesterday.

And that's kinda how I felt on the north yesterday. Watching the team I thought how good they were passing the ball and pressing Forrest when they lost it and if you were a neutral you would like to watch us. The problem was that i wasn't a neutral and couldn't enjoy the game because I was petrified we would waste all our chances and let Forrest take one of the small number of chances they had.

So seeing this article though makes me feel so much more positive that this season won't be a waste, we just need to get on a good run get our scoring boots on and we'll be up there. Hopefully higher than 4th though!

Cracking article, everybody loves analysing numbers and graphs.

Looks a lot like sabermaterics but for football, oppose to baseball.

Without delving too much into those statistics, I personally feel like our defence, including KW isn't top 4 material. whereas I would consider our attack top 4.

It's certainly very interesting to see how on paper we should be performing, and would agree that based on the chances we create we are no where near clinical enough.

Not too sure on how these have been calculated, can't see Brentford finishing 6th.

I also don't feel as though Barnsley and Fulham will outscore Villa this season too.