Why wont Bannan pass to Reach?

1 minute ago, EveryWednesday said:

Out of all the players on our team I trust Bannan's ability to pick a pass more than any. If he chooses not to play a ball to a certain player, likelihood is the pass just wasn't on

There were lots of passes that were on to Reach yesterday that several players ignored other than that i agree 100% 

Can't and will never understand some fans obssession with having a pop at possibly ( definitely IMO ) our best player 

been underwhelmed with Bannan/Wallace and Abdi if I'm being honest.

reach   jones lee buckley

FF/Fletcher

worth a try, then again I still believe in CC and he must have a strategy for the near future.

5 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

They're not used to having a touchline hugging winger in the team. They don't realise he's there!

In all seriousness, I was part of the North stand crowd who were shouting to pass it to Reach - it wasn't just Bannan, it was Forestieri as well. Thought Bannan had his worst game of the season yesterday. He was really good against Bristol in the second half but yesterday it just wasn't happening for him.

That was just comical. The Forest fans must have been wetting themselves at that. I think Reach was just trying to get round FF to get further up the pitch. FF had his back to him and he didn't see him.

Leedsesque !

I think this issue is more we don't like using both wings . .I remember last year against forest at Hillsborough bannan played on the left first half and pudil kept pinging balls over to Wallace on the right and not using the left then second half ff moved there and came to life so what does cc say in training ?? Just my take on it .

8 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Abdi & Reach will gradually become the cornerstones of the team.

We all love Bannan, his contribution has been beyond measure, but in my opinion if it eventually becomes a straight choice between the two, Abdi will prevail.  

As for Reach. Looks like the best 5 mill spent in a good while. 

We are used to 'wingers' venturing forward, only to track back and pass it inside.

Reach's only intention is to get to the bye line and cross it which we haven't seen for years.

He is going to be awesome and will eventually attract the ball to him like a magnet. 

Everything takes time, we are still gelling, but the signs are there.

Wallace is a great example of getting to the bye line and crossing it, or cutting in and crossing the ball!

But i get your point, brings much needed pace which Wallace doesn't have, looks like a very promising signing.

Not sure if Abdi will displace Bannan in the side, both totally different players, lots of hype around what Abdi can do, think we are all taking for granted how good Bannan actually is, lad wasn't TOTY last season for nothing.

Either way, good dilemma to have.

This thread has cleared it all up for me, Bannan has been poor this season apart from when he's been our best player which is most of the games apart from those where he hasn't been.

Abdi doesn't do anything apart from keep the ball moving and dictating the pace of the game and passing the ball to Reach which Bannan won't do because he hates him or Carlos told him not to, or he can't see him or something. Abdi will become the first name on the team sheet but will have to accept being a bit part player.

And Fessi clearly wants to leave the club, evidenced by the fact that he's taking out fellow team mates and purposely missing sitters apart from the passion he shows which clearly indicated he loves the club. Ship him out/make him the best paid player at the club right now!

Glad that's all sorted.

Thanks! :stuwinky:

42 minutes ago, Bottler Owl said:

This thread has cleared it all up for me, Bannan has been poor this season apart from when he's been our best player which is most of the games apart from those where he hasn't been.

Abdi doesn't do anything apart from keep the ball moving and dictating the pace of the game and passing the ball to Reach which Bannan won't do because he hates him or Carlos told him not to, or he can't see him or something. Abdi will become the first name on the team sheet but will have to accept being a bit part player.

And Fessi clearly wants to leave the club, evidenced by the fact that he's taking out fellow team mates and purposely missing sitters apart from the passion he shows which clearly indicated he loves the club. Ship him out/make him the best paid player at the club right now!

Glad that's all sorted.

Thanks! :stuwinky:

lol, everyone in not having the same opinion shock