Why wont Bannan pass to Reach?

Abdi & Reach will gradually become the cornerstones of the team.

We all love Bannan, his contribution has been beyond measure, but in my opinion if it eventually becomes a straight choice between the two, Abdi will prevail.  

As for Reach. Looks like the best 5 mill spent in a good while. 

We are used to 'wingers' venturing forward, only to track back and pass it inside.

Reach's only intention is to get to the bye line and cross it which we haven't seen for years.

He is going to be awesome and will eventually attract the ball to him like a magnet. 

Everything takes time, we are still gelling, but the signs are there.

15 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Reach isn't really a left back. Maybe there was a plan. To only let him have the ball going forward when Cover was there or risk was lower or summat. He showed he can't really defend, but he's gonna be a reight winger. Or left before anyone says it. 

Reach played wing back most of last season for Preston 

3 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

That was just comical. The Forest fans must have been wetting themselves at that. I think Reach was just trying to get round FF to get further up the pitch. FF had his back to him and he didn't see him.

Still not the most comical moment of the day after the Wednesday fan falling on his arse at the half time challenge lol 

11 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Bannan found it hard to pass to anyone, we kept the ball a lot more as soon as Abdi came on. He made not have made any 'Hollywood' passes, which Bannan likes and usually misses but he kept the ball moving at all times and was always available at just about every opportunity. 

Cobblers 

Bannan had his poorest game in ages yesterday IMO but to suggest Abdi did anything much is just taking "i love Abdi" too far 

Abdi has shown ( for Watford ) that he is a fine player but as yet he has not shown enough to suggest that he should oust either Bannan or Lee 

Yesterday was another opportunity for him to grasp the shirt but whilst doing nothing whatever wrong he did not do enough to grasp said shirt

5 minutes ago, OwlLuke said:

Other than his wonder goal against Bristol I have not really rated Bannan this season, he seems a lot more negative, passing backward most of the time, or holding onto the ball long enough to lose the ball.

Shows how bad it is when the fans jeered when he finally did pass to Reach. As much as I love him, I honestly think he needs dropping

he's the fulcrum of the side and just about everything we do goes thru him ,of course he'll wee wee tail up sometime what player doesnt but drop him ...in your dreams

3 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

And I would think near the opposite. I think he's been our stand our player so far this season. Yesterday was an off day for him but we still managed to get the 3 points. 

the bloke never stops working and never hides even when its not coming off ......i think along with lee and hutch the 3 of them have been our mainstays so far .

16 minutes ago, OwlLuke said:

Other than his wonder goal against Bristol I have not really rated Bannan this season, he seems a lot more negative, passing backward most of the time, or holding onto the ball long enough to lose the ball.

Shows how bad it is when the fans jeered when he finally did pass to Reach. As much as I love him, I honestly think he needs dropping

Bet he'll be devastated to hear that 

Our best player and is playing in a deeper role as dictated by CC

14 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

They're not used to having a touchline hugging winger in the team. They don't realise he's there!

In all seriousness, I was part of the North stand crowd who were shouting to pass it to Reach - it wasn't just Bannan, it was Forestieri as well. Thought Bannan had his worst game of the season yesterday. He was really good against Bristol in the second half but yesterday it just wasn't happening for him.

That was just comical. The Forest fans must have been wetting themselves at that. I think Reach was just trying to get round FF to get further up the pitch. FF had his back to him and he didn't see him.

To me it looked like Forestieri was coming back from an offside position and I think Reach knew that had FF gone for the ball the linesman would have flagged. Reach went all out to get on the end of the pass and FF ended up getting in the way.

Although it was comical I was glad it happened, it showed Reach had awareness of what was going on and determination to fix the situation.

23 minutes ago, OwlLuke said:

He was fantastic in that game regardless of the goal. He pretty much dictated the second half, not for the first time. 

21 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Cobblers 

Bannan had his poorest game in ages yesterday IMO but to suggest Abdi did anything much is just taking "i love Abdi" too far 

Abdi has shown ( for Watford ) that he is a fine player but as yet he has not shown enough to suggest that he should oust either Bannan or Lee 

Yesterday was another opportunity for him to grasp the shirt but whilst doing nothing whatever wrong he did not do enough to grasp said shirt

Totally agree with this. Although Abdi doesn't do anything wrong, I expect more from him than the 5 yard sideways passes he's doing at the moment. It's good to keep the ball, but I want him to find the killer passes 

4 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Totally agree with this. Although Abdi doesn't do anything wrong, I expect more from him than the 5 yard sideways passes he's doing at the moment. It's good to keep the ball, but I want him to find the killer passes 

I completely agree with this. I was saying to my Dad yesterday that I wanted to see a lot more from him. Granted, he's been a bit part player so far but he's not doing enough in his cameo appearances to say to Carvahal, " look, play me".  Take Reach for example, came on against WIgan last 15 mins and really staked a claim to start the next game. Abdi is making Carvahals decision easy at the moment. Bannan and Lee every game.

We dont seem to use the left side much at all . No wonder Fessi got fed up first half . Stood out on the wing with acres of space and only rarely getting the ball . For a player with his talent I can understand his frustration - must be following orders from Carlos though to not use the left side . baffling .

2 hours ago, OwlLuke said:

Correct but you're not allowed to say that on here!

3 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

It was blatantly obvious in the 2nd half yesterday, as it was against Bristol City, that Bannan will not pass top Reach.

Many times, in both games, Bannan turned away from the pass to play the ball side ways or back, or worst still, lose the ball.

I mentioned this in another post last night..the Abdi one....thought it was just me.......that's why I am glad Abdi came on.....Reach much more involved after Bannan went off

I don't think it was just Bannan, I noticed times when Forestieri and Hooper did exactly the same and just looked out to the right. 

Bannan receives the ball facing the opposition goal in the quarterback position so the easiest option with him being left footed is to play diagonal balls out to the right. When Hooper and Forestieri got the ball they had their back to goal so being right footed their natural reaction was to look out to the right also most of the time. 

I guess we aren't used to having an actual wide player who hugs the touchline as Forestieri and Wallace tend to play more as inside forwards so hopefully this will come in time. Fletcher is probably the only one who really sees Reach as an outlet because he knows that getting the ball out wide benefits him being a striker who wants to get on the end of things.

2 hours ago, Princeabdullah said:

Barry bannan is a fantastic player, but the last three games I've watched Wednesday he has been off his game in my opinion. 

Do you think he is playing too deep? 

He has seemed to receive the ball in the wrong areas to be affective of late. It's just my opinion. Lee and abdi would be my choice against Blackburn. Give Barry a rest? Abdi played well when he came on yesterday. I hope Barry is ok with his injury, but gives abdi a chance. 

I agree but think it's been longer than 3 games I think he's had one good one all season.

The quarter back role he takes up just doesn't suit us and you could see the difference when Abdi came on yesterday. 

He needs a spell on the sidelines and in my opinion can't play CM especially with Lee

2 hours ago, alan48 said:

We dont seem to use the left side much at all . No wonder Fessi got fed up first half . Stood out on the wing with acres of space and only rarely getting the ball . For a player with his talent I can understand his frustration - must be following orders from Carlos though to not use the left side . baffling .

I noticed that yesterday. It's a bit weird though. Against Bristol in the second half, everything was coming from the left hand side where Wallace (left side for a change) and Reach were. Then against Forest yesterday everything was coming down the right hand side through Wallace (again) and Hunt. I don't know why we can't mix it up a bit more.