Take Care with those Wishes.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Whilst I agree with the OP about some of the knee jerk reactions, it's not unreasonable for fans to question whether we've got our tactics right. Nobody on here would claim to know more about tactics than Carlos, that would be crazy, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's always right. For example, we forego a defensive midfielder, when probably 99% of professional football coaches around the world employ at least one. Is that a brave move by our Carlos, or simply foolhardy? Time will tell, I guess, but my point is, it wouldn't be unreasonable for supporters to query this. It's how they do it, that matters.

Agreed - smart and thoughtful analysis is both constructive and interesting to read and that does not exclude critical comment. You know what I am getting at and the other stuff is just boring and daft, serving little or no purpose at all.

Good post.Sadly there are some people who will moan about everything in life generally. It wasn't so long ago there were some posters who thought we should get rid of CC and get Pearson asap. Things may change but it's far too early to start demanding changes. We have the best manager in years. I agree - be careful what you wish for.

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Whilst I agree with the OP about some of the knee jerk reactions, it's not unreasonable for fans to question whether we've got our tactics right. Nobody on here would claim to know more about tactics than Carlos, that would be crazy, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's always right. For example, we forego a defensive midfielder, when probably 99% of professional football coaches around the world employ at least one. Is that a brave move by our Carlos, or simply foolhardy? Time will tell, I guess, but my point is, it wouldn't be unreasonable for supporters to query this. It's how they do it, that matters.

Good post IMHO

Cracking guy but not sure he has what's needed for promotion.  A wins a win but we won't get away with performances like that every week, we are so slow getting forward and have lost the high tempo and pressure from last season.  The balance of the side doesn't look right, we again look weak against the more physical teams.  We were desperate for a quality CB to play alongside Lees and even more desperate for a big bas tard in the centre of  midfield but neither were addressed in the summer. 

26 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

Our fans are, by and large, total w*nkers.

This site is just an extension of that.

All fans have an element of deluded kn*bheads, but we genuinely have more than most, no question. 

I'm not sure we have 'more than most' but we certainly have them and they were out in force yesterday and have been on here for a while to be fair, on anything related to CC.

To my mind it is more about things not quite 'coming together' at the moment, the first half yesterday being a typical example. First ten minutes looking very good, then going off the boil, then losing the impetus only to concede the first goal again as in the last few games Birmingham excepted.

Yeah the first half had deteriorated for us up to half time but it clearly wasn't the end of the world, especially having witnessed recent comebacks.

The comments and over reaction on the Kop around us during half time were unbelievable. 

"If we lose this, we HAVE to win at Blackburn otherwise CC is gone".

"Get Steve Bruce in now, he will get us organized and get us up".  (After scraping Hull through via the playoffs with all the previous Parachute money to play with).

After what has happened recently, why they don't keep their stupid mouths shut till after the game is beyond me. We all have a bit of a whinge, but for God's sake keep it in perspective. 

I will say it again, if a proper crisis develops, and we have lost 4 or 5 on the trot and we are sinking away from the play off positions with the play having deteriorated week on week, then maybe an argument develops for replacing CC.

We are not even near that situation yet and have been anywhere near it since he came.

And the management experts who are touting Steve F*****g Bruce, who 2 months ago were touting Good Ole 'Big Nige' as our only savior.  Having watched him dismantle Derby's footballing style and take then straight into the bottom three with more or less the same team that has been pushing for the last few seasons, any of you care to comment.

Probably same crew who were saying only toe rag Warnock could keep us up a couple of seasons ago.  

It's too early in the season to say "CC is good enough to get us promoted"

He's made mistakes but overall he's done a fantastic job and deserves the rest of this season to try and get us into the premier league.

I honestly can't think of a realistic manager I'd prefer instead of Carlos.

I do think our summer window posed more questions than answers though. Still not sure how to accommodate Abdi and Reach into the starting eleven. Of course, costing a huge fee doesn't automatically guarantee you a starting place, but if you aren't starting, then perhaps the money would have been better spent elsewhere

33 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

I suspect you are not alone..

I wonder why people change there usernames ?

It's like they don't like or can't handle the reputation they had...

Sorry, I digress from the original post..

I couldn't log in with my old one- BigGuns WTF:

Edited by AwokenGiant

I see so many fans of teams knock managers decisions.

See plenty of times at Wednesday where we always seem to know what the manager doesn't.

But these men are professionals and are surrounded by a team of professionals so we have to believe they know better than us

Edited by Eightace

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Don't fall for the loyalty bit. Most managers, and players, would disappear for more money. 

If you want loyalty, buy a dog. 

Woof!

I'm loyal to my loyal tag in comparison to BigRon (wasn't it reported that CC turned down a Prem Club before pre-season? BigRon would have been smoking cigars before he'd even considered clearing his desk). 

Edited by AwokenGiant

1 hour ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

True, we do have a few idiots on here, just look at the above post for an example...

lol

Anyone else noticed how many relatively "new" posters there are in this thread ?

Good one.

I've been a member since 2006, so not that new.

You reckon what I posted is wrong? Loads of our fans are complete planks. Far more than most clubs, no question. 

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

I'll take fans who post constructive criticism over a fan that says 'our fans are total w*nkers' anyday.

Smells of blunt.

I agree with you, the word's constructive.

Only problem on here is a lot of the criticism is anything but constructive.

It is destructive in the extreme in a lot of cases, with the only agenda seemingly to bring about the demise of CC as soon as possible, which seems strange looking at his track record in a relatively short space of time coupled with the track records of potential would be replacements.

Also little bit harsh on 18670wl suggesting he may be a 'blunt'. Think he's been around long enough to not be tagged with that to be fair.  

Guest Copthorneowl
2 hours ago, BarnOwl55 said:

I don't quite get it!  

Maybe that's my fault, but why all the all the heavy criticism of CC?  Comments on here lately such as, 'useless', 'got to go', 'doesn't know what he's doing', 'poor tactician', 'only one game plan', 'clueless', 'wasting resources' etc just don't stack up to me.

In the most competitive and unpredicatable league, certainly in England, if not Europe, (see Newcastle 0 v 2 Wolves), we are currently 1 win off the play-offs and 2 off the top two and only nine games in.  We are playing some pretty decent football, creating hatsful of chances, must surely be top of the entertainment league in terms of excitement generated, and averaging over 25,000 home gates.

I know we all want to 'p*** the league' and be top all season but let's temper our heady expectation with a touch of realism. I can understand and empathise with genuine frustration, but not blind and destructive knee-jerk criticism.

Above all, let's just also be careful about what we wish for:  to those who want a new face at the helm, please tell me who you would prefer to take over from CC.  I would ask you to take a look at Derby/Pearson, Sunderland/Moyes, Leeds/Monk, Who do wish for who would be prepared to manage in the Championship?    This is the best Wednesday back room set up and the best playing staff for years.  For crying out loud let's just have patience and a little faith and cease all this senseless knocking eh?

Very good post also think Gurujuan makes good points.

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I do think our summer window posed more questions than answers though. Still not sure how to accommodate Abdi and Reach into the starting eleven. Of course, costing a huge fee doesn't automatically guarantee you a starting place, but if you aren't starting, then perhaps the money would have been better spent elsewhere

I don't disagree with either of your posts in this thread and it is right that people discuss these matters.

It is the seemingly 'agenda' based section who's only aim is for whatever reason, to get CC out that i take issue with.

I think all teams go through a bit of turmoil whenever they change either systems or add personnel and i think we are going through the latter.

If you buy quality players to 'add' to the side rather than to 'replace' existing players, you are always going to get a period of uncertainty until you find the best (if there is such a thing) combination.

It was touched on yesterday on here that when Bannan went off, Abdi came on and fulfilled the role perfectly and if anything played the same type of passes but did it much quicker which added to the tempo.

Reach, i thought, was fantastic. Again, what will end up being his main position will be debated and may only be decided on by trial and error or enforced injuries to others.

I think this will be yet another example of the anti CC brigade having to eat humble pie, when both Abdi & Reach prove to be absolutely instrumental in our progress and proving once again that CC does actually know a teeny bit more than them.  

Well said OP.

The most important thing to a lot of posters on messageboards is ultimately being able to say they were right. As I've said before, if you're constantly negative, then in football you get to be right more often than not (especially as the metaphorical goalposts move and now the moaners say anything less than top 2 would be abject failure), and if you're wrong, nobody cares in the midst of the euphoria of success.

None of which is to say that the team is perfect, but the negativity on here after a very good run of results is irritating.