Take Care with those Wishes.

12 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Interesting response. I think that you are being disingenuous by picking certain phrases in isolation and commenting on them rather than looking at the context of my full post.

Firstly, I am reporting what the 'chat' around me is, not necessarily reporting my personal views. So this is what a group of supporters are thinking (and they are neither relations nor close friends).

Secondly, the context of the point about Steve Bruce was in the bullet point immediately preceding it. There is a general feeling that things are not going quite as we had hoped - but it may turn better. But the owner of our club is quite widely reported as having quite a short fuse when people are expected to perform and he has set a very clear target of being back in the Premier League in time for the 150 year celebrations. The rumours of his very blunt response to some of the players complaints about the situation at the training ground make it clear that he speaks his mind and takes quite ruthless action. So people were wondering, with his significant investment over the summer and the ongoing high wages for the new players, how long will he leave things. I noted that he is currently away and has not been at the last 2 home matches but what happens when he returns?

So our discussion was around what would happen if he is not satisfied, would he stick with Carlos. And if he didn't, who is available that we as supporters may find acceptable. No words in my original post about "us wanting a change at this time" or " certainty that SB would get us back into the Premier League" or that any of us were actually wishing for Steve Bruce to come to Hillsborough. They are the creations of your fertile imagination.

Clearly, you have never considered or discussed with people what might happen when Mr. Chansiri gets fed up?

What did you hope? Because no one round us thought that we were going to romp the league with the teams that came down...we ARE in front of the points total from last season at this point without playing very well so I'll reiterate what I said last season...we will get a true picture of where we are after Christmas and, like last year, I'm expecting us to be in the play offs...the ones having a pop at CC are the ones who wanted him gone last September...they were wrong then and they are wrong now...and furthermore I like teams who are not at their best and yet still pick up points from losing positions which is what we are doing

6 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Interesting response. I think that you are being disingenuous by picking certain phrases in isolation and commenting on them rather than looking at the context of my full post.

Firstly, I am reporting what the 'chat' around me is, not necessarily reporting my personal views. So this is what a group of supporters are thinking (and they are neither relations nor close friends).

Secondly, the context of the point about Steve Bruce was in the bullet point immediately preceding it. There is a general feeling that things are not going quite as we had hoped - but it may turn better. But the owner of our club is quite widely reported as having quite a short fuse when people are expected to perform and he has set a very clear target of being back in the Premier League in time for the 150 year celebrations. The rumours of his very blunt response to some of the players complaints about the situation at the training ground make it clear that he speaks his mind and takes quite ruthless action. So people were wondering, with his significant investment over the summer and the ongoing high wages for the new players, how long will he leave things. I noted that he is currently away and has not been at the last 2 home matches but what happens when he returns?

So our discussion was around what would happen if he is not satisfied, would he stick with Carlos. And if he didn't, who is available that we as supporters may find acceptable. No words in my original post about "us wanting a change at this time" or " certainty that SB would get us back into the Premier League" or that any of us were actually wishing for Steve Bruce to come to Hillsborough. They are the creations of your fertile imagination.

Clearly, you have never considered or discussed with people what might happen when Mr. Chansiri gets fed up?

So you weren't discussing "Wanting a change at this time",  but discussing that Steve Bruce would be a suitable replacement if you had been!

You (as in your little debating society) "not wishing for Steve Bruce to come to Hillsborough" but thinking that maybe DC would be considering who us, (the supporters) would find an "acceptable replacement" even though we are not looking for one. And you accuse me of having a "Fertile imagination".

I don't know which is more derisory, the thought that DC would give a throw about who would be "acceptable" to the fan base or the thought that someone who had the foresight to set CC on, would then make such a retrograde, reactionary appointment as Steve Bruce. 

I will however apologise for misquoting you re the "Certainty that SB would get us back into the Premier League".

What i actually said was  " 4 :- Why the certainty that SB 'would get us back to the Premiership'?",

and what you actually said was Quote "acceptable alternative who would get us back to the premier league".

Apologies for misquoting you, i said "Premiership",  you said "Premier League".

Can anyone explain why, when a team has a 'poor run' of form, the question ALWAYS arises about the MANAGER?.

Has anyone ever given a thought to the fact that it may not be the Manager's fault? Why is it almost always the Manager's tactics are at fault? Does no one ever consider that, maybe, the tactics are right, but that the PLAYERS are not applying correctly the tactics the Manager has chosen, or that he would like?

Of all the managers and Coaches in the Championship, I think that Carlos would be at or near the top if you watch him during a game.If ALL the players put in the amount of energy into the game as Carlos does, and people could see the number of times he shows his despair when either a move does not come off or the players do not move into places he wishes them to be, we may not be so critical of CC. Not even the finest of coaches get it right every time, and I believe that Carlos does better than most.

What people do not take into consideration, is that IMO last year we out-performed ourselves, and our show at Wembley was more the 'average' performance than one of our better ones. That is the level I think we must start at and progress from there. 

Guest The Clapper

The problem is we shouldn't have made the play-offs last season, even though it was a weak division.  Now we think we're better than we are, even though we've got the likes of Loovens, Wallace and Palmer often in the first 11, who are mediocre players at this level - at best.

11 minutes ago, The Clapper said:

The problem is we shouldn't have made the play-offs last season, even though it was a weak division.  Now we think we're better than we are, even though we've got the likes of Loovens, Wallace and Palmer often in the first 11, who are mediocre players at this level - at best.

Tell me the one about winning a trophy 90 years ago...you know that funny one

44 minutes ago, The Clapper said:

Never understood this argument - why exactly shouldn't we have made the play offs last season - we got more points than the teams below us, surely thats reason enough?

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

CC can't defend as DC doesn't want it. Plus they've  taken crowds from 17,000 to 27,000 in a year.

Spoilt. Remember Port VALE at bottom of old 3rd Division when we lost 0-3.

Then moan. We will do top 2. Relax.