Forest stat review

Stat report

Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 Nottingham Forest - Kieran Lee with both goals. Steven Fletcher and Ross Wallace got the assists.

We had 15 shots to Forest's 10 - Lee and Hooper had 3 shots each.

Sam Hutchinson saw more of the ball today than any other Wednesday player with 7.6% of the possession, Lee followed with 7.3%.

Tom Lees was the only starter for SWFC to have a pass success over 90%, with Abdi having 97% off the bench. We matched our highest team pass success rate of the season today with 83%.

Ross Wallace and Jack Hunt made more key passes than anyone else on the pitch in blue with 3 each.

Forestieri completed 4 dribbles today, only 2 fewer than the rest of the team combined.

Steven Fletcher won 7 aerial balls today - 3 more than anyone else. Hutch followed with 4. The team as a whole won 68% of aerial balls.

Our attacking play was almost exactly split through the 3 zones today - 34% on the right and left and 32% through the middle.

Man of the match: Kieran Lee - 3 shots, 2 on target, 2 goals. 1 key pass, 88% pass accuracy. 3 aerials won and 84 touches. 

Star opposition player: Michael Mancienne - 18 clearances and 3 tackles! 86% pass accuracy.

Spreadsheet: Forest and Birmingham updated. https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiYPj6FiTatzk65bMqKlGZuifdvS0Q

Interesting from this that in the Birmingham game we put in far fewer crosses than we had in any game previous to it. We also completed fewer passes than we had in the previous 5 games.

For the Forest game that we reverted to putting crosses in the box as we had not put in more crosses in any other game.

The spreadsheet also shows that we have scored 11 league goals this season - but only 2 have come in the first half.

Attached files

Player positions vs Forest

Lee touchmap vs Forest - he was everywhere!

Lee heatmap vs Forest

Lee heatmap vs Birmingham - a clear difference between this and the Forest game where he got forward much more

Combined heatmap for Hunt and Reach - two attacking full backs who stay touch tight to the line

Screenshot 2016-09-24 at 20.50.40.png

Screenshot 2016-09-24 at 20.53.52.png

Screenshot 2016-09-24 at 21.29.00.png

Screenshot 2016-09-24 at 21.26.05.png

Screenshot 2016-09-24 at 21.30.20.png

1 hour ago, s110wl said:

awesome work Joel

Thanks pal

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Mancienne performed like a player wanting a move to Hillsborough in January 

Absolutely. His contract runs out at the end of the season as well so he could be an option in January if we are looking for a centre back.

18 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Hutch was very good. Lee just edged it for me though.

Agree about Mancienne. He looked good. As did their right back.

Can't argue with that

I also thought the lad they had playing on the right gave Reach a torrid time, I was surprised when Forest took him off

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Mancienne performed like a player wanting a move to Hillsborough in January 

Best I've seen him play, often prone to a costly mistake when I have seen him previously.

I thought Forest's right back looked a player going forward, but similar to Reach, he's no defender.

And just as it will be good to get Pudil back fit so Reach can play further forward, I think Forest ought to look to deploy their lad in a wider midfield spot also.

13 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Best I've seen him play, often prone to a costly mistake when I have seen him previously.

You missed the really poor defensive header he put straight onto Fletcher who chested down, volleyed straight at the keeper who tipped over what should have been a goal?

For me Carayol was easily their best player, caused us the most trouble and was their biggest threat.