(Early) team for Tuesday

Would like to see Abdi start in the centre for Bannan (no need to play him if he is carrying an injury) and stick with Hooper and Fletcher up front. I have a feeling Buckley may get a start in place of Wallace, simply because Wallace struggles with fitness and therefore form playing Saturday/Tuesday.

Aside from that, I think we go with a settled team as far as possible, if players are fatigued, then we can start to change personnel rather than wholesale changes which affect the rhythm of the team, and in part may explain our poor first halves.

5 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Hurbi must be close to a place on the bench?

Carlos said this week that he's not ready as he's only played in 3 youth/development games for us. But you do wonder how unfit or mentally unready a proffesional footballer can be to not be able to play a game, even if it's just for the first 60 minutes 

i bet everytime Reach sees Urbi he says "are you ready yet?" 

Edited by Southie_Owl

There's an international break isn't there after the Brighton game?  In that case change the team as little as possible.  Its not a long trip to Blackburn and its Brighton who have to make the long trip on Saturday after being away on Tuesday. I'd be more tempted to change the team for Saturday and give Brighton a few new headaches they didn't see last year.  It surely isn't too much to ask players to give it socks for these two games knowing there is a two week break coming up for most of them? Would like to see the 4-2-3-1 away from home, but I have to agree with Holmowl, Hooper should play.  We shouldn't fear Blackburn in any form and in the event we go behind again, I would rather have him on the pitch from the off.  Besides, if we get in front early enough against Blackburn the home crowd will inevitably start venting their spleen again.

Abdi in if Bannan isn't fit, although I have to admit this is where I fear we are not strong enough.  Abdi doesn't buzz the same way Bannan does and its unfair to ask Lee to do the extra work and do what he does so well, covering the pitch and arriving late in the box.  Still not sure about Jones' form at the moment, but no doubt he would be a better choice if he was playing well.  I Would love to see Buckley out on the right for added pace and Reach on the left for the opportunity to see Hooper and Fletcher with two out and out wingers, but I understand the reasons CC goes for Wallace.  So I reckon stick with it, see if we can pick up 3 points and then have a really good go at Brighton with a few fresh legs and different personnel.

Westwood

Hunt          Loovens  Hutchinson       Reach/Pudil

Wallace          Abdi        Lee             FF

Fletcher   Hooper

5 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

There's an international break isn't there after the Brighton game?  In that case change the team as little as possible.  Its not a long trip to Blackburn and its Brighton who have to make the long trip on Saturday after being away on Tuesday. I'd be more tempted to change the team for Saturday and give Brighton a few new headaches they didn't see last year.  It surely isn't too much to ask players to give it socks for these two games knowing there is a two week break coming up for most of them? Would like to see the 4-2-3-1 away from home, but I have to agree with Holmowl, Hooper should play.  We shouldn't fear Blackburn in any form and in the event we go behind again, I would rather have him on the pitch from the off.  Besides, if we get in front early enough against Blackburn the home crowd will inevitably start venting their spleen again.

Abdi in if Bannan isn't fit, although I have to admit this is where I fear we are not strong enough.  Abdi doesn't buzz the same way Bannan does and its unfair to ask Lee to do the extra work and do what he does so well, covering the pitch and arriving late in the box.  Still not sure about Jones' form at the moment, but no doubt he would be a better choice if he was playing well.  I Would love to see Buckley out on the right for added pace and Reach on the left for the opportunity to see Hooper and Fletcher with two out and out wingers, but I understand the reasons CC goes for Wallace.  So I reckon stick with it, see if we can pick up 3 points and then have a really good go at Brighton with a few fresh legs and different personnel.

Westwood

Hunt          Loovens  Hutchinson       Reach/Pudil

Wallace          Abdi        Lee             FF

Fletcher   Hooper

Yes agree, settled side will breed confidence and solidity, Abdi needs a few consecutive games under his belt 

Westwood

Palmer

Loovens

Lees

Pudil

FF

Hutch

Lee

Reach

Hooper

Fletcher

Loovens not nessarily as good as either Hutch or Lees individually but as a pairing we look sounder when Loovens is one half of it. Hutch and Lee would be first picks for me in central midfield more often than not too especially away from home.

Would like to see us play with 4-3-3 that we had in the second half. I also doubt that Pudil, Lees and Bannan will be unfit for Tuesday. So then I'd go for

Westwood

Hunt

Hutchinson

Loovens

Reach

Wallace

Abdi

Lee

Hooper

Fletcher

Forestieri

However we all know it'll be 4-4-2 and someone will be out of position somewhere too

Need to be solid against a side that could try to bully us if they've seen our usual away games.

2 league wins on the bounce and Emnes apparently really impressing up front for them.

The best chance to beat them though , as is the usual conundrum is to outplay them with the extra quality we have.Didn't work out at Burton though.

Carlos doesn't seem to like restrained, battling narrow Stuart Gray style away wins either.The promoted sides this season will be the most versatile ones.