Abdi

Abdi was much more influential than BB.

The pace when he came on picked up, whilst Bannan will take a touch, have a look and then pass the ball, Abdi does all that in one move. When the ball isn't available he will do the short pass ( the pass that everyone is moaning about, but we keep possession).

A different type of player to BB, but he's a class act. You may not see it now, but you will soon. 

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

At the moment he really seems to lack confidence and looks like he doesn't want the ball. Never seen a midfielder so intent on giving the ball to someone (anyone) else. 

Which is why....he needs to start for a few games in place of Bannan

Then we will see what he's all about.

He has the ability to raise our standard to another level if he is given a sustained run in the team. 

Said something similar to my mate when Bannan was struggling. Abdi hasn't forgotten how to play football and he needs a run in side. His form improving could kickstart our season.

Edited by 1867Heaven

Abdi needs a few games in the middle to prove his worth. We get him settled and we have a great player on our hands. Too much chopping and changing isn't helping the newer lads get in to any rhythm. 

Fletcher has had a run in the side and he looks assured and confident. I hope the same will be said of Abdi before too long.

Its good for the team to shake it up a bit.

BB's been off the boil for several games now and passes are sometimes over ambitious, particularly his cross field ones to the flanks.

Absolutely EVERYTHING is routed through BB and I have to say we have started to look a little one dimensional, unimaginative and overly reliant as a result.

Opposites are now wise to this and its it good for teams to have to adapt to different approach play.

OK, Abdi is a little more cautious but it brings others into the game in the middle third.

Edited by Flat Owl

It's very easy to see why Abdi has such a high pass percentage as when he came on yesterday he stuck to the nice easy passes either side of him which is fine if you're Darren Potter but after watching him at Watford, Abdi is capable of so much more.

When playing centrally I want to see him driving forward like we know he can do at this level and causing defenders problems but for whatever reason he seems to be playing within himself at the moment.

Given the fact that Bannan could be injured for Tuesday night I thought it was a real missed opportunity for him to stake a claim for a starting roll in his preferred central position.

31 minutes ago, since59owe said:

What happened ?

Westwood screamed at Abdi for summat, Abdi screamed back and waved his arms. 

Westwood then held his hand up in apology 

that's how I saw it from the south stand. 

23 hours ago, sjaowl said:

Anyone notice his ding dong with westwood five mins after coming on?

Wouldn't read too much into that. They're all at it - it's just part and parcel of playing football. Hutchinson and Westwood are constantly shouting at other players and Reach made his feelings known yesterday too. Bannan can also be very vocal when he wants to be. 

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 18:21, sjaowl said:
On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 18:21, sjaowl said:

Westwood - " no crab impressions, to be sure "

Abdi - " Shut it Bruce lee "

23 hours ago, The Clapper said:

Just accept it, it's £4,000,000 up in smoke.

I very rarely neg people.

I would much rather debate a subject and argue its merits accordingly.

To be honest, there are plenty of posts to choose from, but this takes the biscuit for sheer stupidity so i made an exception!

The level of negativity towards Abdi is beyond belief.

We were static, low tempo, BB was not firing on all cylinders. He tried some long balls which were mainly intercepted, was taking too much time to get even his short range passes off and was very rarely releasing Reach to do his stuff.

Abdi came on in what can only be described in 'difficult' circumstances, played the same type of balls as BB, but played them quicker which increased the tempo of the game, got the ball out to Reach which allowed him to attack down the left and the rest is history.

Abdi is even criticised for not attempting the very same long balls that BB had tried, but perpetually been intercepted.

This is not a criticism of BB, i love the little man, but the attack on Abdi is just beyond reason and totally unfair.

Judge him on his merits when he has had chance to show people what he is capable of and don't crucify him because he isn't Barry Bannan.