Mixed feelings.

1 hour ago, shez owl said:

But they kept going and the winning goal was a credit to the manager his philosophy and the team.

WTF...

i've never in my life read such b****x...

at 1-1 with a free kick in our own half, and near half our side assembling to tiptap the ball and eventually drag themselves over the halfway line AGAIN...

westwood comes out of his goal and fecks them all off, reluctantly the backs drag themselves off to the halfway line, with the m/f getting a nose bleed by being over the halfway line in such quick time...

westwood then HOOFS, (opps! sorry forgetting the tiptap boys feelings), taps the ball 60odd yard, and within 6 seconds it's in the back of their net...

NOTHING IS, OR COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE QUARTER OF A PAGE OF PHILOSOPHY THAT CARLOS HAS...

his game is built on over passed durge, dragging it out, and indulging in getting bogged down in moves involving multiple passes that today failed just about every time we tried it, and square balls on and behind the halfway line until the sun has gone down...

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

That isn't the case though really is it. It's fair to point out clear areas we can improve without "finding a moan". We are a decent side, but this is in the context of a side that wants to go up.

I agree, but; our points total is pretty impressive for a team which hasn't quite clicked. I think we look seriously good in patches, and if we do improve - which I can't see us *not* doing to some degree - then I think we're on course to at least match last season's final position.

4 minutes ago, PopePiusX said:

I agree, but; our points total is pretty impressive for a team which hasn't quite clicked. I think we look seriously good in patches, and if we do improve - which I can't see us *not* doing to some degree - then I think we're on course to at least match last season's final position.

i honestly do believe that the team would prosper from being cut free of the ties that are holding them back...

let them go out on the field and express themselves freely, playing the game THEY want, without the confines of over coaching...

we have some good players, we all should know that, but together they are not the sum of their parts...

they are stifled and restricted by dogma...

7 minutes ago, PopePiusX said:

Yeah, we are doing pretty well considering and have got ourselves into a decent position. Thankfully because we have managed to dig ourselves out at the very last. But for much of that game it was very frustrating, didn't see a win coming on 60 mins for example. But hopefully with a bit more width and tempo we can avoid the need for comebacks.

30 minutes ago, dnhc said:

WTF...

at 1-1 with a free kick in our own half, and near half our side assembling to tiptap the ball and eventually drag themselves over the halfway line AGAIN...

westwood comes out of his goal and fecks them all off, reluctantly the backs drag themselves off to the halfway line, with the m/f getting a nose bleed by being over the halfway line in such quick time...

westwood then HOOFS, (opps! sorry forgetting the tiptap boys feelings), taps the ball 60odd yard, and within 6 seconds it's in the back of their net...

NOTHING IS, OR COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE QUARTER OF A PAGE OF PHILOSOPHY THAT CARLOS HAS...

his game is built on over passed durge, dragging it out, and indulging in getting bogged down in moves involving multiple passes that today failed just about every time we tried it, and square balls on and behind the halfway line until the sun has gone down...

Jesus calm down you'll yourself a mischief!

I don't talk B..locks, thank you, read the rest of the post, we were poor! I was commenting on the patience and one touch football around the box that brought us the goal. That is his philosophy, it worked in the end.

2 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Fortress Hillsborough is like those Aldi car parks run by private enforcement companies. Anyone's welcome to pop in and do what they want for an hour, but stay 61min+ and you're getting absolutely mugged on the way out. lol

Class. Love it mate

I pretty much agree with you mate.

we are good but are too soft. I don't think Lee and Bannan work in the middle at home I think it has to be Lee and Abdi (who gave the ball away once when he came on) and away if play Hutch and Lee.

Two wingers is a must and FF back up top using hooper from the bench he's just not good enough to start.

we did deserve to win today tho 

Pretty ropey today I thought - too slow, little urgency. But really stuck at it and ground out the win. I thought fewer people early today than usual - there's a belief we can ****** something.

On another matter. Saw those tops the players come out in. The ones they've sold to fans look so cheap - and the lettering on the back looks like the transfers a pub team in the 70s would have had ironed on.  Are we out of the Sondico deal soon? 

3 hours ago, dnhc said:

WTF...

How was our character today mate?

What did you think to us targeting Fletcher with long balls today? Did you notice this? Or just the 'over passed durge'?

Wednesday under CC switch it up regularly, I seem to remember Sean Dyche saying as much.

14 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

What did you think to us targeting Fletcher with long balls today? Did you notice this? Or just the 'over passed durge'?

Wednesday under CC switch it up regularly, I seem to remember Sean Dyche saying as much.

Agree with this. We can play more direct, on the counter or in a more patient manner. I think this versatility is why we are better second half - we can adapt to play in the most efficient manner. Also, we look ridiculously fit.

We weren't great but got the win. Forest were better than I expected and deserved a least a point.

It's all well and good coming from behind and winning but we have to stop gifting teams a lead and expect to get something let alone the win. The lack of clean sheets (none in the last 7) is a problem though.

At least we’ve shown a bit of fight – in past seasons, we’ve folded like a pack of cards.  If this season has taught us anything so far, it’s not to write us off.

4 hours ago, Liamswfc92 said:

We weren't great but got the win. Forest were better than I expected and deserved a least a point.

It's all well and good coming from behind and winning but we have to stop gifting teams a lead and expect to get something let alone the win. The lack of clean sheets (none in the last 7) is a problem though.

At least we’ve shown a bit of fight – in past seasons, we’ve folded like a pack of cards.  If this season has taught us anything so far, it’s not to write us off.

I'm not sure Forest deserved anything: we were by far the better team and it was only a once-in-a-season freak goal that gave them the lead against the run of play. If they were 'gifted' the lead, it was by the hand of fate rather than anything Wednesday did wrong on this occasion.

Fair enough, they defended well enough once they had the lead, but not well enough to stop us scoring two goals - and we could easily have had more given the chances we created.

It was far from a perfect performance, in fact it was incredibly frustrating at times, but I thought we looked a cut above Forest and we should have been very disappointed had we come away with anything less than three points.

55 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not sure Forest deserved anything: we were by far the better team and it was only a once-in-a-season freak goal that gave them the lead against the run of play. If they were 'gifted' the lead, it was by the hand of fate rather than anything Wednesday did wrong on this occasion.

Fair enough, they defended well enough once they had the lead, but not well enough to stop us scoring two goals - and we could easily have had more given the chances we created.

It was far from a perfect performance, in fact it was incredibly frustrating at times, but I thought we looked a cut above Forest and we should have been very disappointed had we come away with anything less than three points.

Yep.

Agree with this.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep, spot on. I'm looking forward to the game we get an undeserved flukey deflected opening goal against the run of play...

Bristol City were deservedly in front at Hillsborough, Forest were not.

And when it came to crunch time Carlos went for the the win and the opposing manager, just like the Bristol C match, made defensive changes resulting in us grabbing the winner. 

13 hours ago, shez owl said:

Jesus calm down you'll yourself a mischief!

I don't talk B..locks, thank you, read the rest of the post, we were poor! I was commenting on the patience and one touch football around the box that brought us the goal. That is his philosophy, it worked in the end.

his philosophy didn't work, had his philosophy been used we'd have been venturing over the half way line with the ball 7 seconds after the kick was taken, not running away celebrating...

I think Forest looked pretty handy going forward on the break, that second half header couldve buried us to be fair. If there is one thing we lack, it is the ability to take the ball 40/50 yards up the pitch with force like Carayol and pereira (?) did on the counter. Perhaps something Buckley can add in the future.

10 hours ago, Owls2k said:

our character was good...

i did see us targeting fletcher but thought he lacked the correct support, hooper it seemed was always too far adrift from him to be supportive as he carries very little pace with him...

in the second with nuhiu on and fletcher slightly withdrawn they were still too far apart...

whoever is doing the main striker target job needs good quality support, players have to be of the belief that he will win the ball, or it will break to a 50/50 and get up there, he needs two off him when the ball is longer...

as i say hooper may not be suitable for that game, perhaps ff is, perhaps not...

for me you need someone with good pace supporting...

despite us spending good money, and bringing players in during the window, we're still using square pegs in round holes...

Edited by dnhc