Mixed feelings.

Obviously very pleased to have fought back again. It's the first time I've made it down to Sheffield this season, it was great to be back. Taking a step back from the result, win or lose I have real mixed feelings on the team at the minute. Starting with the positives:

- Great character to keep going even in a stop start, frustrating game. Pleased to see a team made to pay for time wasting.

- Fletcher looks a cut above, a strong player but a step ahead of most players on the pitch. 

- we controlled the first half an hour and should've been ahead before they got the luck we had been missing.

Some of the things I think will cost us, are

- We still seem very soft. We have some big players but if someone runs at us with pace and strength we look really unsure of how to deal with it.

- As above from corners too at times.

- I think we might be trying to be too intricate at times when teams park the bus.  It paid off again today in the end, but I thought we looked more threatening when we simply got it wide and put a cross or square ball in. Perhaps injuries dictated but id have liked to see Buckley.

- Did anyone fancy other than Lee fancy a shot? It could deflect anywhere. We seemed reluctant.

Anyway, I think this has been the case for most games. If we can sort some of these things I think we will be contenders 

I thought They all today played a part in the win I can understand your frustration it it is a bit like why does it take to the second 45 before he starts changing tactics before we start attacking but that wasn't the case today I thought we was consistent in The first 45 and in the second 45 I just think it's going to be Sheffield Wednesday's tactics this season I just think they want to give Us all panic attacks.........:rolleyes:

If Forest were playing another team they'd have probably seen it out. 

A flukey undeserved opening goal followed by spoiling tactics and counter attacking when the opposition throw men forward, it's the way of the Championship at the moment.

In the last three games it's been in a knife edge. The team and manager did just about enough at home and get the credit associated with it, then we were a cross bar between the manager being slagged or lauded in the Birmingham game. So it seems like it's mainly down to chance (although I appreciate the good teams keep going). 

I think a bit more width at home would help us break teams down and we could do with being a lot more cynical away.

24 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Obviously very pleased to have fought back again. It's the first time I've made it down to Sheffield this season, it was great to be back. Taking a step back from the result, win or lose I have real mixed feelings on the team at the minute. Starting with the positives:

- Great character to keep going even in a stop start, frustrating game. Pleased to see a team made to pay for time wasting.

- Fletcher looks a cut above, a strong player but a step ahead of most players on the pitch. 

- we controlled the first half an hour and should've been ahead before they got the luck we had been missing.

- We still seem very soft. We have some big players but if someone runs at us with pace and strength we look really unsure of how to deal with it.

- I think we might be trying to be too intricate at times when teams park the bus.  It paid off again today in the end, but I thought we looked more threatening when we simply got it wide and put a cross or square ball in. Perhaps injuries dictated but id have liked to see Buckley.

- Did anyone fancy other than Lee fancy a shot? It could deflect anywhere. We seemed reluctant.

Anyway, I think this has been the case for most games. If we can sort some of these things I think we will be contenders 

Ive said it all summer. The priority signing should have been a nasty git in midfield, a destroyer. we have a soft underbelly and our 3ft tall midfielders get bullied. 

23 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

we are without doubt trying to be too intricate, the play needs spreading, but not as much as bannan was trying...

he's trying a bollywood ball (not as good as a hollywood one) and he's either short of distance or because he's at his limit distance wise it's taking so long to get there it's being shut down or intercepted every time...

i'm all for switching play, but when we do it takes too long to get to the other side of the field and cover has got there...

as for getting it wide and sticking a cross in, i hope some of the crosses from reach weren't his best for £5m...

i said to the guy by my side 'where's buckley?'

we do need to pull the trigger more from outside the box...

A very fair analysis OP.

I am concerned that the way we set up initially is too ponderous. If we dont have possession in dangerous areas of the pitch and if we dont make the final ball/pass/shot count then we will regret it. Going a goal behind against better teams will be the kiss of death if we are serious about promotion. Got to chnage it up carlos.

15 minutes ago, dnhc said:

we are without doubt trying to be too intricate, the play needs spreading, but not as much as bannan was trying...

he's trying a bollywood ball (not as good as a hollywood one) and he's either short of distance or because he's at his limit distance wise it's taking so long to get there it's being shut down or intercepted every time...

i'm all for switching play, but when we do it takes too long to get to the other side of the field and cover has got there...

as for getting it wide and sticking a cross in, i hope some of the crosses from reach weren't his best for £5m...

i said to the guy by my side 'where's buckley?'

we do need to pull the trigger more from outside the box...

I'd like to think Buckley would've come on if Bannan and Lees didn't need swapping.

I thought reach's crossing was a bit off, mainly because he looked goosed after being given the run around by Carayol. I had been impressed with Reach at lb vs Brum but I think it's fair to say we will see the best of him on the wing doing the skinning!

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I'd like to think Buckley would've come on if Bannan and Lees didn't need swapping.

I thought reach's crossing was a bit off, mainly because he looked goosed after being given the run around by Carayol. I had been impressed with Reach at lb vs Brum but I think it's fair to say we will see the best of him on the wing doing the skinning!

i hope so, and his bollocking of ff for not covering him defensively means he knows his duties defensively when playing on the wing, that's a plus...

and if abdi is the real deal, i ain't seeing it yet...

I noticed that some of the players were on each other's case a bit at times. Hunt was telling Westwood to F off after he (I assume) thought the keeper should've done better with one of their shots. 

Abdi came on and within minutes was holding his hands up to someone as if to say "what do you want me to do". Probably just a case of frustrations coming to the fore.

We were pretty rubbish today if we're honest, we got away with that one.

FF was awful, couldn't pass, couldn't beat anyone really poor, he wasn't the only one. The defence is nowhere near solid and better teams would have profited. But they kept going and the winning goal was a credit to the manager his philosophy and the team.

Forest are much improved and I think they will be top half. Full backs were excellent 

Next week v Brighton will be a real test, they will be after revenge and are on a run now.

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I would like to see Buckley as well....is he being saved for a special occasion?

35 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Fortress Hillsborough is like those Aldi car parks run by private enforcement companies. Anyone's welcome to pop in and do what they want for an hour, but stay 61min+ and you're getting absolutely mugged on the way out. lol

:manager:

1 hour ago, fife_owl said:

I think that we could really motor up this league, we have three quality strikers yet to click.  When they do, I think we'll go on a run.

we have to get them the ball in scoring positions more often and faster...

this will need a dynamic m/f...

not sure we have that in us tbh...

4 minutes ago, torres said:

We battered them and for the most part played very well.

It seems people want to try and find a moan when there isn't one to be had 

That isn't the case though really is it. It's fair to point out clear areas we can improve without "finding a moan". We are a decent side, but this is in the context of a side that wants to go up.