The Nuhiu effect

28 minutes ago, waynecoyne14 said:

not quick enough to be a midfielder

his brain doesn't work quickly enough

as evidenced when fessi broke and was called offside

took him an age to decide to make a simple pass

Give over.

He has the brain, the feet and the quick thinking of a very good midfielder - one with a good pass, one with a presence, and one who is both nimble of feet and able to retain possession.    

The kind of tackle a centre half puts in and the kind of tackle a central midfielder puts in is very different.  Nuhiu gets no decision as a striker, but as a midfielder he'd be given every bad tackle against him, he'd also be a very formidable person to put in the mix.

Edited by salmonbones

17 minutes ago, millo said:

Nearly as bad as Fernando's miss in the first half.

Like I said, I'm not a Nuhiu basher, I just don't understand the love in for him

And for what it's worth

Forestieri's miss, as bad as it was, didn't cost us the game

And I know you will say, it was Westwood and poor defending that cost us the Birmingham game

If Nuhiu had put that header away, instead of hitting the bar, Birmingham wouldn't have gone straight up the other end to get the penalty, at 2-0 down their heads would have dropped, and we would have won the game

Nuhiu has done a lot of good things at the club, but we have better strikers at the club now, Nuhiu can only be a bit part player, and ultimately that is a good thing, it shows the club are progressing, and for my money, Nuhiu's replacement, Fletcher, is twice the player.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

10 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

Like I said, I'm not a Nuhiu basher, I just don't understand the love in for him

And for what it's worth

And I know you will say, it was Westwood and poor defending that cost us the Birmingham game

If Nuhiu had put that header away, instead of hitting the bar, Birmingham wouldn't have gone straight up the other end to get the penalty, at 2-0 down their heads would have dropped, and we would have won the game

Nuhiu has done a lot of good things at the club, but we have better strikers at the club now, Nuhiu can only be a bit part player, and ultimately that is a good thing, it shows the club are progressing, and for my money, Nuhiu's replacement, Fletcher, is twice the player.

You keep saying you are not a Nuhiu basher but then go on and criticise him anyway. And you are right, I do believe it was Westwood and poor defending that cost us the game, but I am sure you will still say it was down to Nuhiu's miss. How can you be certain we would have won if we had gone 2-0 up? Have you forgotten that Bristol City lost from being 2-0 up against Wednesday? 

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Rowett's positive views on Nuhiu were best I've heard from an independent source.

And he tried to sign him last month for Brum, said Carlos also rated him so wouldn't sell.

Great to have on bench, as Saturday proved.

3 hours ago, millo said:

You keep saying you are not a Nuhiu basher but then go on and criticise him anyway. And you are right, I do believe it was Westwood and poor defending that cost us the game, but I am sure you will still say it was down to Nuhiu's miss. How can you be certain we would have won if we had gone 2-0 up? Have you forgotten that Bristol City lost from being 2-0 up against Wednesday? 

Okay, I'll say something nice about him

He got a good flick on against Forest without which we wouldn't have got the winner v Forest

He grabbed hold of Hutchinson and stood between him and the defender who was marking him at Brentford which enabled Hutchinson to get a free run at the ball and score the equaliser

Like I said, he has qualities

Is that better?

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Bear in mind that Fletcher is likely to miss several games ar some point. Nuhiu and/or Joao are needed for those matches. A Hooper/FF front pairing definitely doesnt work.

Joao might be the man for that role, but aI am delighted we have Atdhe up our sleive.

15 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

And for what it's worth

I thought Nuhiu hit the bar when it was already 1-1, in about the 93rd minute in fact. They broke away and scored the winner.

If it had gone in we certainly would have won as Brum would just about have had enough time to kick off again before the final whistle.

UTO

On 24/09/2016 at 20:59, Groundhopping Owl said:

Thought when we signed Fletcher that Nuhiu had essentially been replaced but can't help wondering if he won't end up carving out some role for himself, maybe as a late sub to shake up the opposition defences in that bizarre way only he can.

my guess was at the time that is what he was kept for...

but was it a 3 year extension?

i might have given him a season, just to see...

On 25/09/2016 at 09:25, ViolaOwls said:

Do you mean the FF little dink or the fletch cross?

not sure where nuhui fits into that, or do you mean the free header from Westwoods kick forward? Where tgere player just fell over and left him with a free knock down? 

Now ask yourself why the defender was on the floor, which ultimately led to the winning goal.

I slated Nuhiu for yet another miss last week at Birmingham, which cost us dearly. I'll also praise him when he plays his part in winning us points too.

So, if you're going to rip him apart when he does bad, have the balls to praise him when he does good.

On 25/09/2016 at 09:25, ViolaOwls said:

Do you mean the FF little dink or the fletch cross?

not sure where nuhui fits into that, or do you mean the free header from Westwoods kick forward? Where tgere player just fell over and left him with a free knock down? 

Now ask yourself why the defender was on the floor, which ultimately led to the winning goal.

I slated Nuhiu for yet another miss last week at Birmingham, which cost us dearly. I'll also praise him when he plays his part in winning us points too.

So, if you're going to rip him apart when he does bad, have the balls to praise him when he does good.

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

He headed the ball to one of our players, why the big deal. Hes a footballer that's headed a ball in the build up and now its him that's saved the day. Christ come on

He headed the ball to one of our players, why the big deal. Hes a footballer that's headed a ball in the build up and now its him that's saved the day. Christ come on

6 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

Okay, I'll say something nice about him

He got a good flick on against Forest without which we wouldn't have got the winner v Forest

He grabbed hold of Hutchinson and stood between him and the defender who was marking him at Brentford which enabled Hutchinson to get a free run at the ball and score the equaliser

Like I said, he has qualities

Is that better?

That's much better. Wasn't so hard was it?