The Nuhiu effect

49 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Helan, semedo and nuhui are all players I won't miss in a owls shirt as we have to move on as a club 

Agree with Helen and semedo. They make no positive impact , giving semedo a new deal was stupid . 

Nuihu however does have his uses , away at brum last year , Brentford this year to name two. He shouldn't start but to lump him and the same bracket as Helan and semedo is off the mark 

13 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

I'm not a Nuhiu basher, but I don't get the love in for him

He doesn't always change a game for the good

Winning 1-0 when he came on at Birmingham, he misses a chance that most decent strikers would have buried, the rest is history

He missed a chance yes but our defence and Westwood was to blame for the two goals, not Nuhiu

Some people are just so blinded by hatred they can't see the impact he makes. Is he our best striker? Of course not, he doesn't score anything, but if Carlos rates him enough to bring him on as a sub frequently, then he obviously brings something more to the game than just goals under his name.

Thankfully I think the vast majority see that, it's just a very vocal minority spewing the hate.

Edited by OwlLuke

5 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Spoke to nuhiu after the game and he was surprisingly subdued. His exact words were "im on my way out of the club" and "the coach does not rate me" i then spent a few minutes telling him to get his chin up as he always makes a contribution...shame he looked down after a win

Hope to this is true 

Dave Jones, Stuart Gray and Carlos see something in him we don't.

Opposites managers comment on him so see something we don't.

Fans opinions he may not be good enough, managers opinions seem to differ and that he brings us something.

Also seen fans blaming him for the Birmingham defeat - nothing to do with Westwoods reckless challenge which was unneeded and the bad defending for the winner. All Nuhui fault. 

Yeah let's praise him for a header he should be winning anyway. Just because it let to a goal, it has to be talked about.

Fletcher wins more in the air than he has during his time here. He caused a bit of mayhem, that's it.

Edited by Liamswfc92

Was that Nuhiu directly involved in another goal for us? Thought it was.

Go back last season and see how many goals his aerial ability, link up and hold up play, as well as his physical size actually contributed to us scoring. He may not be clinical but his ability to drag defenders out of position allows us to have the space for Fernando, Lee, Bannan, Wallace, Fletcher etc to exploit.  

I've had many discussions with fans over Nuhiu but he really does help create a lot of chances/goals for us. Saturday afternoon just showed that. We wouldn't have scored if it wasn't for him. 

10 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Spoke to nuhiu after the game and he was surprisingly subdued. His exact words were "im on my way out of the club" and "the coach does not rate me" 

Interesting that "a professional football coach" has finally come to the same conclusion as some of us on here have had for 2 years......and yet we've been told that we don't understand the game - where does that leave Carlos?

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Interesting that "a professional football coach" has finally come to the same conclusion as some of us on here have had for 2 years......and yet we've been told that we don't understand the game - where does that leave Carlos?

I rate the guy in that he makes an impact positive or negative...bit sad to see him so down tho

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

Good point - so Nuhiu's a liar then?

Who knows. People say odd things. CC still seems to see value in him being in the squad though which might suggest what his real opinion is. Strange eh? Perhaps player and coach have got their communication wires crossed. As I say; who knows?

Edited by Dagmeister

To this day I don't get how people don't realise Nuhiu is not a striker.

He has nimble feet, he's pants in the air.

He can pick out a pass, he is weak in the challenge

He has vision to whats going on around him, he often is rushed into choosing the wrong option but still has a high pass completion rate.

The man is a midfielder, but because of his stature is seen as a striker.    I'm not suggesting playing him out of position, I'm suggesting he's being played out of position.

On 24/09/2016 at 21:15, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

I'm not a Nuhiu basher, but I don't get the love in for him

He doesn't always change a game for the good

Winning 1-0 when he came on at Birmingham, he misses a chance that most decent strikers would have buried, the rest is history

Nearly as bad as Fernando's miss in the first half.