Poll: Man of the Match vs Nottingham Forest...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Nottingham Forest  

499 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Nottingham Forest?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Hutchinson
    • Reach
    • Bannan
    • Lee
    • Fletcher
    • Hooper
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • Loovens
    • Abdi
    • Nuhiu

Westwood - 7 - Wayward kicking but redeemed himself with a great save from Lichaj's header. Playing out from the back with a goalkeeper who panics when he kicks is asking for trouble (see Brentford away)

Hunt - 7 - Didn't do much wrong and got involved in the second-half
Hutchinson - 7 - Solid, but a lucky boy with that foul before we scored the winner. He's always got that in him
Lees - 6 - Out of sorts but unwell
Reach - 6 - Carayol had him on toast until he went off. I've seen him play left-back twice now and he isn't one. We're hanging him out to dry (see Forestieri below)

Wallace - 7 - Poor first-half but was involved in everything in the second
Bannan - 6 - Passed well, but lost the ball a few times
Lee - 9 - Everywhere, even before he scored
Forestieri - 6 - Didn't do a lot and gave Reach no support at all. Playing Fernando on the left leaves our left back badly exposed - not because he's lazy, but because his instincts are always to attack

Fletcher - 7 - Put himself about and worked hard. Had a role in the winner
Hooper - 7 - Held it up well and looked in the mood

Subs:

Loovens - 7 - Did nothing wrong
Nuhiu - 7 - Made a nuisance of himself for the winner
Abdi - 6 - Looked a bit lost playing in Bannan's position in front of defence. Daft shirt pull gave away a dangerous free kick

As I sit here shaking my head I wonder how we watch the same game (maybe from different angles) and view it do very differently. 

Reading the comments both here and match day thread all of the following have been rated both worst and best players:

Hunt

Reach

Fessi

Abdi

Fletcher 

Hooper 

it's a old game. 

Man of the match was the Forest manager for taking their best player off. Just kidding! However, this did release Adam Reach more and he showed much better quality when getting further up the field - boy can he put a cross in. Thought Hunt had his best game of the season, thought Bannan had his worst. Great to see Hutch back - had a great game and Fletch good as always. Lee an obvious legend now. Shout out for Nuhiu when he came on for being a handful in the air and getting the Forest players nicely wound up at the end of the match. Great for a bit of time wasting.

Was nailed on to be hutch for me today, but you can't disagree with Lee having got 2 goals in the end despite not being at his usual level passing wise. We could get use to these match winning goals sir!!  It's his running from deep that's so impressive as its constant for 90 mins. 

Westwood 6 - Kicking was dire

Hunt 7 - Much better from him. A few important tackles. Although he did his usual running into players a couple of times

Lees 7 - Bit more like himself today.

Hutch 8 - Beast. 

Reach 6 - Didn't offer as much as he has done but not really his fault as we never bloody pass to him. Put some cracking crosses in but had a bit of a tough time against their winger.

Wallace 5 - Another frustrating performance.

Lee 8 - Those on here who want him leaving out need their head checking. Such an important player.

Bannan 5 - Gave the ball away way too often today.

FF 6 - Worked his nuts off and played a couple of brilliant killer balls, but like Bannan, gave the ball away too much.

Hooper 6 - Same rating, but exact opposite to FF. Used the ball much better, but showed only a fraction of the workrate, movement and general impact on the game.

Fletcher 7 - Love the guy. Led the line and put in another top shift for the team. Needs a different partner though.

Abdi 6 - Had plenty of the ball and kept things ticking nicely, but looks a little low on confidence when it comes to actually creating something.

Loovens 6 - Solid enough.

Nuhiu 6 - Put himself about as he generally does.

Westwood 5 scares me to death. Made a good save but decision making and distribution is criminal 

hunt 6 limited but gave it a go 

Hutchinson 6.5 stood up well

lees 5 poor , but unwell apparently which is a valid excuse 

reach 6 got rinsed a bit but isn't a full back. Great to watch coming forward

wallace5 what people see in him I'll never know , a traffic cone

lee 8 two great goals and the stand out man

bannan 6 ok 

ff 5 doesn't look interested and hasn't all season 

fletcher 6.5 plenty of willing as ever 

hooper 6.5 link up play pretty decent 

Westwood 7 - kept us in it with that worldy in the 2nd half.

Hunt 6 - got better as the game went on

Lees 6

Hutchinson 7

Reach 7 - doesn't like running back though!

Wallace 6 - flashes of good play with large spells of indifference.

Bannan 6 

Lee 9 - if everyone played as well as he did we'd have won 6-0

Forestieri 5 - wasn't his day today

Fletcher 7

Hooper 6 - very good first half, missed a sitter in the 2nd and then faded. 

Loovens 7

Nuhiu 6

Abdi 7 - injected a bit of energy into midfield.

9 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Westwood 6 - Kicking was dire

Hunt 7 - Much better from him. A few important tackles. Although he did his usual running into players a couple of times

Lees 7 - Bit more like himself today.

Hutch 8 - Beast. 

Reach 6 - Didn't offer as much as he has done but not really his fault as we never bloody pass to him. Put some cracking crosses in but had a bit of a tough time against their winger.

Wallace 5 - Another frustrating performance.

Lee 8 - Those on here who want him leaving out need their head checking. Such an important player.

Bannan 5 - Gave the ball away way too often today.

FF 6 - Worked his nuts off and played a couple of brilliant killer balls, but like Bannan, gave the ball away too much.

Hooper 6 - Same rating, but exact opposite to FF. Used the ball much better, but showed only a fraction of the workrate, movement and general impact on the game.

Fletcher 7 - Love the guy. Led the line and put in another top shift for the team. Needs a different partner though.

Abdi 6 - Had plenty of the ball and kept things ticking nicely, but looks a little low on confidence when it comes to actually creating something.

Loovens 6 - Solid enough.

Nuhiu 6 - Put himself about as he generally does.

Most balanced post I've ever read from you. Refreshing :) 

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I'm always balanced, just sometimes the truth hurts ;-)

It never hurts, well except when I scratch my head too much trying to figure out if you are serious. 

Like I said though agree with most of that last one, I had my suspicions you were the other FF voter with mrs Fessi.