Fernando

Just now, Orlando_Trustful said:

Still not quite looking like the same man. 

I have to agree but he still looks to be putting in a shift,  but imo the manic 90 min genius FF isn't there at the rmoment  

I'm not rowing in with the his head's been turned  theory   I'm hoping it's just a relatively average spell of form and he'll be back 

Fair enough, he isn't at his brilliant best at the moment but

you can never fault his effort.

Tracks back, tackles, brings others into the game and terrifies

defenders every time he gets the ball at his feet and covers more ground than anyone else on the pitch.

Don't think there is another genuine "flair" player in the league who matches his overall work rate.

Don't worry - he'll be back !!!!! 

Some very sensible posts in a thread of extreme opinions. 

I think he he may be trying to hard as @debram said and I'd be tempted to give him a rest as @Student Owl said. 

Hopefully we we can beat Blackburn and he returns refreshed and in knowledge he doesn't have to do everything and we have class all over the park. 

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Don't agree mate. He is never a striker. Look at his goal scoring record as a striker, before he came to us and since.

No way a striker.

Think he looked better today on rare occasions he was out left and cutting into the box. 

1 hour ago, TheEnd1976 said:

I was watching him today I can't put my finger on it it's not for him not trying is running round like aheadless chicken but with little effect is it player not picking him out but that wasn't the case today as he just lost his Mojo In that case he needs to find it fast would a break from the team doing him some good just to get is that together ever since  he decided not to play he's had what u call a yo-yo affect 

It's late on a Saturday pal please write so we can understand. 

3 hours ago, Gonzoman said:

Team ethic is screwed this season due to his little tantrum. With hind sight we should have got rid in the summer. Mid table side this at best.

We were better then forest first half, they had a lucky break and it went in, we were much better then forest in the second half too, we just need to be more forward thinking and looking to go forward rather then triangler  passes too much, sometime we are guilty of over passing or looking to pass rather then shoot.

We are a good side and it will come good, some of our fans are really thick though and just do not understand football.

Edited by Howl38

Guest Copthorneowl
10 minutes ago, rob chester said:

Done nowt since opening day strangely

Sorry mate we all have right to opinion that's what this forum is about but think you ought to look back through our matches particularly at home not sure you mean that or want to stand by it.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Don't agree mate. He is never a striker. Look at his goal scoring record as a striker, before he came to us and since.

No way a striker.

Well better get him on the bench then because Reach is a lot better left winger and will become our regular in that position

He played left at Watford because they had the quality and work rate of Ighalo, Deeney and Vydra.

Eventually he lost his place because he is not good enough as a left winger. 

51 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Fair comment really, during pre season when he was scoring in every game he was playing up front. 

Get Reach on the left and Fletcher and FF up front and see if that works better. 

Small issue of no Pudil right now though, and that's affecting the left wing selection too when Reach is having to play left back.

9 minutes ago, Howl38 said:

We were better then forest first half, they had a lucky break and it went in, we were much better then forest in the second half too, we just need to be more forward thinking and looking to go forward rather then triangler  passes too much, sometime we are guilty of over passing or looking to pass rather then shoot.

We are a good side and it will come good, some of our fans are really thick though and just do not understand football.

Not to thick to be able to spell triangular though. :ghoulguy:

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

FF is not a left winger. It's clear to see. I'd much rather see Wallace or even Bannan out there.

Thankfully when Pudil's back we'll see Reach playing there.

Here's the conundrum.   Reach is currently left back and playing relatively well, but FF is playing poor because Reach and FF don't work so well on the left as a partnership.

FF will probably be the first to benefit from Reach playing left wing when FF is up top though  

If we can keep getting results like today whilst not firing on all cylinders, I think it stands us in good stead for the games now up to and beyond Christmas.. 

Our player that gives us that edge is not quite hitting the heights of last season but is still working hard and contributing more than enough to the team. Nothing more,nothing less. Give FF a break and have some patience (some of you).

Meanwhile other players like Fletcher and as per Lee are stepping up to the plate. 

I do think we'll see FF playing off Fletcher when Pudil back as him and Reach could make a really good left hand side. 

10 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Well better get him on the bench then because Reach is a lot better left winger and will become our regular in that position

He played left at Watford because they had the quality and work rate of Ighalo, Deeney and Vydra.

Eventually he lost his place because he is not good enough as a left winger. 

He is a better wide player than Wallace, so if anyone should start on the bench its Wallace.

But he would not be a first choice striker in a promotion winning side. Too few goals.

That said, if Lee keeps scoring the way he is, everyone else can hire a deck-chair and enjoy the show. What a player we have.

Guest Copthorneowl
3 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Our player that gives us that edge is not quite hitting the heights of last season but is still working hard and contributing more than enough to the team. Nothing more,nothing less. Give FF a break and have some patience (some of you).

Meanwhile other players like Fletcher and as per Lee are stepping up to the plate. 

I do think we'll see FF playing off Fletcher when Pudil back as him and Reach could make a really good left hand side. 

Well said that man.

3 hours ago, Dan™ said:

That's practically the exact opposite of my opinion, funnily enough!

He seems to be doing everything possible to set things up for his teammates, but reluctant to shoot himself. Someone needs to remind him how many chances he created just from his missed/saved shots last season - on top of all the ones that end up flying in on their own. He needs to regain some selfishness.

100% agree