The Hillsborough Kop packed for the 1977 FA Cup Semi Final

Far too much stigma attached to us for there ever to be a Semi Final at hillsborough. We could knock the whole of the west stand down & rebuild it & still we'd never get a emi final awarded. Plus Wembley was so much over budget, the FA will see to it that Semi finals are there for years to come.

rebuild it

Leeds United 1-2 Manchester United 

Leeds United scorer (Clarke)

Manchester United scorer's (Greenhoff & Coppell)

Leeds United: Stewart, Reaney, Hampton, Cherry, McQueen, Madeley, F. Gray (Lorimer), Clarke, Jordan, Currie, E. Gray.  

Manchester United: Stepney, Nicholl, Houston, McIlroy, B.Greenhoff, Buchan, Coppell, J. Greenhoff, Pearson, Macari, Hill.

Sub not used: McCreery.    

51 minutes ago, marshy said:

Far too much stigma attached to us for there ever to be a Semi Final at hillsborough. We could knock the whole of the west stand down & rebuild it & still we'd never get a emi final awarded. Plus Wembley was so much over budget, the FA will see to it that Semi finals are there for years to come.

rebuild it

Norwich v Sunderland was after 89 also what about Boro v Leicester cup final replay?

Sure there have never been towers there - absolutely convinced that is a photoshop of the ones used to be at Tinsley 

If I am wrong I must have always gone past with my eyes shut

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Sure there have never been towers there - absolutely convinced that is a photoshop of the ones used to be at Tinsley 

If I am wrong I must have always gone past with my eyes shut

I agree that it's a photoshop job, but it's not the Tinsley towers. One on the very right might be, but the others are different.

I don't remember those cooling towers close to the ground....unless they were pulled down at the end of that season cos I think I started going the season after.  Scoreboard was higher up the kop wasn't it?  Is it the memory that is faulty or ha someone edited the pic? 

20 minutes ago, Reyt Part Timer said:

I don't remember those cooling towers close to the ground....unless they were pulled down at the end of that season cos I think I started going the season after.  Scoreboard was higher up the kop wasn't it?  Is it the memory that is faulty or ha someone edited the pic? 

They were at the side of the dog track