Bucket Collection Saturday v Forest

Guest Deleted member

On 24/09/2016 at 18:51, pompeyowl said:

Hayley said that Pudil stayed out for two hours collecting before the game. He did this off his own back, with no push or hint to do so. Also had a woman that raided her home t

o donate every penny she could find, donating a big, heavy bag of coins!

It was my youngest sons first ever game against Forest, so - we had a little chat (he isn't yet 5) and he decided to use up all the change he steals out of my pocket to put in a tub each night - I would imagine less than £15 to 25 in reality, but it was his choice.    We went down and he happily emptied "his" money into the tub for this    

I was proud on so many many levels, my lads first game, his ability to know someone needed his pennies more than he did and him singing and shouting along with all on the kop.  

Proud dad on all levels, this is what it means to be an Owl.   

Good Luck Hayley.   From all us Owls

Edited by salmonbones

57 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

It was my youngest sons first ever game against Forest, so - we had a little chat (he isn't yet 5) and he decided to use up all the change he steals out of my pocket to put in a tub each night - I would imagine less than £15 to 25 in reality, but it was his choice.    We went down and he happily emptied "his" money into the tub for this    

I was proud on so many many levels, my lads first game, his ability to know someone needed his pennies more than he did and him singing and shouting along with all on the kop.  

Proud dad on all levels, this is what it means to be an Owl.   

Good Luck Hayley.   From all us Owls

Wow! That truelly is an incredibly rare thing these days. In a materialistic society, where people want everything now, this kind of story is touching.

Congratulations on raising such a thoughtful kid. I would be brimming with pride if I had a child that did similar.

Guest Deleted member
6 hours ago, AlbertOB said:

There was also a bucket collection for Leeds Hospital.........I thought it a bit strange, two on the same day

I didnt see this? Are you sure? Was it official?

4 hours ago, Adam1867 said:

Brilliant effort for the £11.5k.  But with 27k in the ground, if everyone had donated £1 they could have got an extra £31k.

To be fair, it's not up to anyone but the individual what they spend their money on and how much they donate.

Some people put four or five pounds in the bucket, while others only had a small amount of change, so gave what they had.

Hayley's now £23,000 odd closer to her target, which can only be a positive thing.

Great achievement that's a massive chunk of the money she needs.

Reminds me, a few years ago my wife used to work for a company who shared a 'nominated charity' with Sheff United. I agreed to do a bucket collection outside the lane from about 12 to just before kickoff. It was embarrassing how little they donated in 3 hours.

It was less than £3. You know what a lot of people said to me? "I'm not putting any money in a blue bucket"

So embarrassed and thinking it looked like i'd robbed the cash i personally topped it up just to make it look better