Bucket Collection Saturday v Forest

Guest Deleted member

All

I have a signed shirt from the League Cup Winners dinner earlier this year at Magma.

I have said I would donate the shirt to the Cavendish Cancer Care Charity.

IF anyone is prepared to offer over £100 for it, I will match whatever the best bid is and donate said equivalent amount to Hayley's fund.

I have donated before like many but come on guys and girls we are talking a few quid and yes I know there are lots of deserving causes but let's help one of our own.

Best bid by Friday 5PM over £100 and I'll match with a donation to Hayley's fund.

Dad who's 60 now and has been a life long Owl and ST holder had to have his aortic heart valve replaced last year and 9 weeks ago he had to have 12 inches of his colon removed due to them finding a cancerous growth. 

I'll definitely be contributing, my only issue is there will be surely be other Owl supporters etc that have/going through cancer too, could we have something set up for them too also? 

1 hour ago, Big Jack said:

Got mixed feelings about this, its really good cause absolutely no doubt, however having lost loved ones from cancer who had no finances to seek alternatives, its a sad state of treatment in UK.

I will be donating if I see a collector, but your point is very valid, this poor lass has to go more or less for the want of better a better word begging.  If there is a cure then the NHS should be picking up the tab.

Hope the money is raised and I feel for your loved one, it is starting to turn into a lottery.

Edited by Holmes

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

I will be donating if I see a collector, but your point is very valid, this poor lass has to go more or less for the want of better a better word begging.  If there is a cure then the NHS should be picking up the tab.

Hope the money is raised and I feel for your loved one, it is starting to turn into a lottery.

With you 100% on this.  The mention in the Video that it all comes down to Money sums up a very sad state of affairs in this country.  People bleat on about the NHS being the envy of the world and yet stuff like this happens week in week out, sometimes even coming down to the postcode or NHS trust you're under.

I'll certainly be donating what I can and really hopeful it goes to plan.  

Think we might have pissed all over Derby's generosity today!

I'm not sure how much was raised, but I went back with a heavy bucket. The Forest fans were very generous, and I had a good conversation with many of them regarding the charity, while they shared their stories of heartache due to this horrific disease.

Hayley said that Pudil stayed out for two hours collecting before the game. He did this off his own back, with no push or hint to do so. Also had a woman that raided her home to donate every penny she could find, donating a big, heavy bag of coins!

Thanks to all that put their hands in their pockets, and I have to say a big thank you to our fellow Owlstalker, Victoria, who turned my bucket into something that made an impressive noise when shook!