Bucket Collection Saturday v Forest

Guest Deleted member

9 hours ago, adamnich said:

Great achievement that's a massive chunk of the money she needs.

Reminds me, a few years ago my wife used to work for a company who shared a 'nominated charity' with Sheff United. I agreed to do a bucket collection outside the lane from about 12 to just before kickoff. It was embarrassing how little they donated in 3 hours.

It was less than £3. You know what a lot of people said to me? "I'm not putting any money in a blue bucket"

So embarrassed and thinking it looked like i'd robbed the cash i personally topped it up just to make it look better

Wow! That really is embarrassing.

I'm of the opinion that nobody has a right to tell anyone how they spend their money, but regardless of the colour of a bucket, it's all about the bigger picture.

I had no issies what so ever with any fans on Saturday. Our buckets were white, with blue and white ribbons on, and the Forest fans were asking all kinds of questions about the charity. They shared their stories about the disease and wished us luck for the future.

Considering the bad press that football fans get for their behaviour at times, I find it a crying shame that the kindness of football fans isn't reported on more.

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 18:27, pompeyowl said:

Wow! That really is embarrassing.

I'm of the opinion that nobody has a right to tell anyone how they spend their money, but regardless of the colour of a bucket, it's all about the bigger picture.

I had no issies what so ever with any fans on Saturday. Our buckets were white, with blue and white ribbons on, and the Forest fans were asking all kinds of questions about the charity. They shared their stories about the disease and wished us luck for the future.

Considering the bad press that football fans get for their behaviour at times, I find it a crying shame that the kindness of football fans isn't reported on more.

I think over the years we've shown how good the fans are on here and in the ground...you're right it doesn't get reported enough