Abdi

23 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

I thought he left Watford because they were playing him out of position - why are we doing the same ??

He said it on the day he signed for us and also said it's why he joined us. Whilst he didn't say CC specifically told him that he would play CM, he certainly implied it. His body language when sub'd today indicated that he wasn't happy - maybe at being subbed but it looked more than that - he looked numb.

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Just play him in the centre, where he should play. Three into two places doesn't work.

Spot on . we all see it . The only person who dosnt seem to see it is Carlos. 

If he insists in playing three central midfielders he has to play 4-3-2-1 to accommodate them.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Or don't play him.

I think your being daft tbh

We know him playing threatens your beloved formation

But this is a guy who has playing ina  significantly better team than ours - and starred in it - he has been in that team as a pivotal player that cruised to promotion - not 6th in a weak division

He has just played 32 premier league games - he's not a f*cking mug

He is PROVEN quality but if we insist on playing a system that he can't thrive in then i agree it's a monumental waste of an extremely good player

But if it upsets the balance of what CC wants then fine - cut our losses and move him on

6 minutes ago, scram said:

But this is a guy who has playing ina  significantly better team than ours - and starred in it - he has been in that team as a pivotal player that cruised to promotion - not 6th in a weak division

He is PROVEN quality but if we insist on playing a system that he can't thrive in then i agree it's a monumental waste of an extremely good player

But if it upsets the balance of what CC wants then fine - cut our losses and move him on

Not sure if you've just agreed with Holmowls post right there.

Edited by Miffed

It's difficult with him as i honestly can say i never once remember seeing him play before he came to us, so I simply based my opinion and enthusiasm on him playing 30 PL games last year and Scram's comments. 

I hope for his and our stake his form improves.

if it was all about stats we would be 3rd in division pass completion etc , but its about keeping em out n knocking em through 2 posts and we aint doing either of those 2 well this season , 2 attempts on target and 2 corners aint going to get us anywhere near top 6 .we need to play with reach on left wing and buckley on right ,abdi can only play in centre ,we need to play with pace and a cutting edge ,no way is this team set up to do that . playing nearly all our football in middle 3rd. its frankly boring and mid table looks like where we will finish .

1 hour ago, agentwalker said:

Said it elsewhere, he's too similar to Lee and Bannan and sadly for him both are better. Can't see him being anything more than backup for these two guys unless CC wants to shoehorn him into unnatural positions which detracts from the teams balance he keeps talking about.

Blinkered.

Abdi has done far more in his career than Bannan or Lee (the untouchables)

8 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Not sure if you've just agreed with Holmowls post right there.

I was being sarcastic

We need to make up a significant number of points in a tougher division if we are to threaten automatic

If CC wants to go "as you were" then it's difficult to see where thiose points are coming from

We've brought in some better players of proven pedigree - if CC can't find a better balance that incorporates them then he is either failing and wanst to find the balance quickly - or he needs to revert to what he knows and hope its good enough to get us a helluva lot more points than last season

Edited by scram

20 minutes ago, scram said:

Why is it daft to say play him central or don't play him? He is awful left.

1 minute ago, scram said:

I was being sarcastic

We need to make up a significant number of points in a tougher division if we are to threaten automatic

If CC wants to go "as you were" then it's difficult to see where thiose points are coming from

We've brought in some better players of proven pedigree - if CC can't find a better balance that incorporates them then he is either failing and he needs to revert to what he knows and hope its good enough to get us a helluva lot more points than last season

I think that's the problem - he doesn't appear to be convinced at what he's doing. The sudden availability of money appears to have focused in the wrong areas, or at the expense of some key areas such as RB/CH/ dominating/breaking-up-play CM, instead of neat ball players.

Therefore, we resort to playing wallace comes off the wing sits across the midfield presumably 'offering' protection?

4 minutes ago, scram said:

I was being sarcastic

We've brought in some better players of proven pedigree - if CC can't find a better balance that incorporates them then he is either failing and wanst to find the balance quickly - or he needs to revert to what he knows and hope its good enough to get us a helluva lot more points than last season

For me, having a player of Abdi's pedigree means he has to play him in the number 10 position.

I know 99% of people will disagree with me, but Jones also has to play.

When everybody is fit Lee should be sub because he isn't as good as Bannan.

I like Lee but I think he's the most overrated Wednesday player since Burton and Tudgay.

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

We don't keep the ball anywhere as near as good when he goes off!

And today just like Wigan as soon as he does go off, opposition get running out our defence far too easily!

Glad someone else noticed this.

Not saying he played well (he didn't play poorly), but we looked a poorer team after he went off. 

We conceded far more chances.