AND THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T LEAVE EARLY

1 hour ago, crookesowl said:

Why do people leave after 85 minutes? Every flipping week, people get up and go. The game was 2-2 and we were attacking. It's beyond my comprehension. You've sat through 85 minutes why not wait until the end? 

So what if you're sat in wet pants and will have to share a tram with 200 other equally sodden-ed people, getting home an hour later for the sake of 10 minutes extra game time. 

Man up and stay to the end next time, right? You missed one of the best moments in recent times at Hillsborough. 

</rant>

OOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHH

Takes me 2 hours each way to get to the games, so it has been really tempting for me to leave early, especially on Tuesday nights...never do though, 9 times out of 10 nothing will happen late game, but then every so often, you get moments like tonight and that is what football is all about.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It baffles me, I get the traffic argument but for me you pay to watch 90+ minutes don't you? You wouldn't leave a concert 5 minutes before would you?

1 hour ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It baffles me, I get the traffic argument but for me you pay to watch 90+ minutes don't you? You wouldn't leave a concert 5 minutes before would you?

Dont ever like criticising any fans but have to say I'm with you mate. Come to most matches home and away 420 mile round trip why would I want to leave early whe it's taken me around 4 hours each way. The further you trave the less excuse for leaving early but each to his own I suppose

18 minutes ago, OwlLuke said:

Takes me 2 hours each way to get to the games, so it has been really tempting for me to leave early, especially on Tuesday nights...never do though, 9 times out of 10 nothing will happen late game, but then every so often, you get moments like tonight and that is what football is all about.

Do you look for loose change under the seats? It's just that I've lost 50p.

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Dont ever like criticising any fans but have to say I'm with you mate. Come to most matches home and away 420 mile round trip why would I want to leave early whe it's taken me around 4 hours each way. The further you trave the less excuse for leaving early but each to his own I suppose

Well done. 420 miles.

Wow.

You're so much better than those folk who live in Sheffield. Have a plus.

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Well done. 420 miles.

Wow.

You're so much better than those folk who live in Sheffield. Have a plus.

When  its a good win we float home when it's not it's a bloody long way. As for better than folk in Sheffield I'm just a sheffielder away from home mate.

1 hour ago, Lambretta said:

If you need to leave early for a genuine reason then fine but IMO when its an onslaught of attack in stoppage time and you are just going to catch an early bus to miss some traffic then well......:columbo:

Ultimately you pays your money its up to you

"Onslaught of attack", is a brilliant turn of phrase.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Left with my kid on 94 minutes when Bristol won a free kick in our half......and the rest is history.

Dont care. Fabulous match, fanulous comeback, very very lucky manager tonight.

Happy me.

why was he very very lucky ?.......he picked a side and it wasnt working well ,he then had the nous to change it and turned the game around .we won , we deserved to win and there was nothing lucky about it .

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I just don't understand why you'd wanna pay up some of your money to not stay and enjoy all what you've flipping paid for?! To me that doesn't make sense, espcially if we are playing well or its a tight situation such as tonight.

Now if we were losing 2 or 3 nil I've got no qualms with that. In fact I'd probably be off too.

Just disappoints me that people don't get to experience huge moments because the don't wanna be stuck in traffic.

What's to understand?...there could be dozens of reasons why people leave early, you might even have one yourself in the future...personally I've never left early, never had to, including when we've been losing heavily but it's never bothered me what others do in that regard...the thing that did use to annoy me was the one's that get up to go but stand around the exits blocking other peoples view, if you want to go, go, don't hang around affecting others.

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

why was he very very lucky ?.......he picked a side and it wasnt working well ,he then had the nous to change it and turned the game around .we won , we deserved to win and there was nothing lucky about it .

If you make a mistake and learn from it, thats fine. But to repeatedly pick 3 CMs and unbalance the side is really poor.

At two nil down he had to change the shape. I agree that Wallace for Jones was a great shout. I even agree that Sasso for Hooper was the right shout, which will see me lose my Magpie Hooper badge. But he is lucky because he is making the same mistake too many times. We were the width of a post from being dead and buried.

Guest white kanu

Not quite sure what difference an extra half hour makes to all these people who drive 50000 miles to attend each week but hey.

personally I never leave early but that probably to counter balance having seen 2 kick offs in 35 years.