AND THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T LEAVE EARLY

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Triggered much.

Don't get why people leave early anyway. How many last minute goals do we score/concede? We have more than enough times to think I'm gonna stay this time.

Uh huh.

Because the only thing more downright annoying than having to leave early is getting back to reading a thread berating fans for leaving early and telling them to man up and stay to the end.  Try doing a 100 mile round trip for every home game for 10 years (and I know there are others that travel further than I do and have done it for longer) and fitting in other life events around the random finish time of games and then get back to me with the not getting why people leave early.

Just now, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Triggered much you have !

Are you Yoda in disguise or a wannabe cast member for Fools and Horses ?

Chillax and concentrate on your own well being and leave others to to do what they like best....

I just don't understand why you'd wanna pay up some of your money to not stay and enjoy all what you've flipping paid for?! To me that doesn't make sense, espcially if we are playing well or its a tight situation such as tonight.

Now if we were losing 2 or 3 nil I've got no qualms with that. In fact I'd probably be off too.

Just disappoints me that people don't get to experience huge moments because the don't wanna be stuck in traffic.

33 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

I love being a Wednesday fan,    I love last minute winnners especially in injury time.

A super three points,   Up the Owls.

Well done to all the fans who went tonight and those who listen to the game on the radio etc.

Not radio (anything but) Sheffield (Wednesday). I cant get FM at work due to poor reception and they never put us on DAB. They should change the name to Radio Sheffield United, Barnsley. Rotherham and Doncaster. VVankers

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I just don't understand why you'd wanna pay up some of your money to not stay and enjoy all what you've flipping paid for?! To me that doesn't make sense, espcially if we are playing well or its a tight situation such as tonight.

Now if we were losing 2 or 3 nil I've got no qualms with that. In fact I'd probably be off too.

Just disappoints me that people don't get to experience huge moments because the don't wanna be stuck in traffic.

Bottom line mate is that you're getting wound up over nowt, there's plenty of reasons why some may need to leave early, just as there's plenty reasons why some don't go, just cos you don't understand it, it shouldn't make it wrong..

yer pays yer money and makes yer choice, simplze...

but then there's also some that can't afford to pay the money, maybe you should reflect more on them and maybe just consider yourself lucky or just fortunate...

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

55 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Why do people leave after 85 minutes? Every flipping week, people get up and go. The game was 2-2 and we were attacking. It's beyond my comprehension. You've sat through 85 minutes why not wait until the end? 

So what if you're sat in wet pants and will have to share a tram with 200 other equally sodden-ed people, getting home an hour later for the sake of 10 minutes extra game time. 

Man up and stay to the end next time, right? You missed one of the best moments in recent times at Hillsborough. 

</rant>

Literally nothing to do with you is it. lol

Some Owls fans go to games

some don't

some stay til the final whistle

some don't 

you go and obviously stop the final whistle, I don't on night matches as I've want to get my lad home at a reasonable time as he's got school (not in Sheff) in the morning.

were both ST holders and stay til the final whistle on a Saturday 

pi$$ed I missed lee's goal and glad you didn't miss it

hope I'm excused 

I'm afraid for only the 2nd time in my life I left early tonight. My and my 9 yr old son have season tickets (it's his first) so this is his first night game in school term time. That combined with the delayed kick off and living in l$€ds meant that when ff flashed it across the goal and wide on about 94 1/2 minutes I decided we should get going. As we walked down the kop stairs I said to him"I'd be very happy now to hear a large roar" he smiled and well we all know what happened next. Just got back up the steps to see the replay.

Edited by damianb1

Just now, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Bottom line mate is that you're getting wound up over nowt, there's plenty of reasons why some may need to leave early, just as there's plenty reasons why some don't go, just cos you don't understand it, it shouldn't make it wrong..

yer pays yer money and makes yer choice, simplze...

but then there's also some that can't afford to pay the money, maybe you should reflect more on them ?

Nah it is wrong, if you've got work or something or have to be home to put the kid in bed fine. But just leaving cos you don't wanna sit in traffic? (Wo)Man up.

Its also a safety issue, as shown by the celebration of the goal. They all crowd around the exits and block people in, could cause a crush and what have you but I suppose that's secondary if you're gonna miss the bus.

The people who didn't go in the first place don't get to witness anything, so no I don't feel for them. In fact I don't feel for the guys who leave early, just think you've wasted your £28 or whatever it was by missing the winning goal.

4 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

I'm afraid for only the 2nd time in my life I left early tonight. My and my 9 yr old son have season tickets (it's his first) so this is his first night game in school term time. That combined with the delayed kick off and living in l$€ds meant that when ff flashed it across the goal and wide on about 94 1/2 minutes I decided we should get going. As we walked down the kop stairs I said to him"I'd be very happy now to hear a large roar" he smiled and well we all know what happened next. Just got back up the steps to see the replay.

You don't have to apologise to people on here 75% of them don't even attend...fuckem 

Edited by daveyboy66