Birmingham away

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

About 20 minutes walk why wouldn't it be safe surely you know how to cross the road 

I remember tufty the squirrel info ad on tv. 

I think I could manage crossing a road or two. 

Decent, easy walk.

Should be safe as long as you surround yourself with some proper nutcases and just f#cking swing at every c#nt who looks at you,  if you're a bit of a soft lad then just get a bottle opener in your hand and make it count.

About a 20 min walk.

Last year it absolutely p!ssed it down so the only trouble I saw was young lads trying to sort their quiffs out after getting a soaking. I also found out that my waterproof coat wasn't waterproof.

For those looking to catch the train...

Get a Derbyshire Wayfarer from Sheffield Station for £12.40 (adult) or £22.50 for a group of up to two adults and up to three children,  then get Burton-on-Trent to Birmingham open return for £12.30 (even cheaper if you get singles).

Nearly a 50% saving doing it this way rather than purchasing Sheff to Birmingham direct tickets.. 

Edited by Bassett's Allsorts

I live near Brum. St Andrews is a dump, but I haven't seen any bother there for a long while now. Took my seven year old lad last season, and he's coming along this year as well. It's a bit of a trek from New Street mind. The West Mids Owls will have a pub lined up, I'll try and remember to post the details on here when sorted. We've shared taxis before to avoid the long uphill trek to the ground. 

On 8/31/2016 at 12:23, Bassett's Allsorts said:

About a 20 min walk.

Last year it absolutely p!ssed it down so the only trouble I saw was young lads trying to sort their quiffs out after getting a soaking. I also found out that my waterproof coat wasn't waterproof.

For those looking to catch the train...

Get a Derbyshire Wayfarer from Sheffield Station for £12.40 (adult) or £22.50 for a group of up to two adults and up to three children,  then get Burton-on-Trent to Birmingham open return for £12.30 (even cheaper if you get singles).

Nearly a 50% saving doing it this way rather than purchasing Sheff to Birmingham direct tickets.. 

do you have to change trains or can you do it direct ....also can you pay on the day at that price or have to book in advance .

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Yes

abc cinema. 

First place I ever titted a girl up. 

I had to go with my brother. Passion killer. As a side note, I clearly remember mum or dad parking directly outside, seeing us in, doling out money etc and not worrying at all about traffic wardens, police, angry motorists........

On 05/09/2016 at 10:06, torryowl said:

do you have to change trains or can you do it direct ....also can you pay on the day at that price or have to book in advance .

Sorry for the late response - I've been on my jollies.

No, you don't have to change trains. These tickets are permitted for direct routes so simply get on the Sheff to Brum.

Yes, you can pay on the day and the price is still the same. You can't get a Derbyshire Wayfarer on the train though - you have to purchase it from Sheff Train Station.

If you want to cut out a bit of the walk, get the train from Moor Street (2 minutes walk from New Street) to Bordesley, it takes 2 minutes.

Also I'll ask as well - which pubs do we tend to go for? I know a couple of decent ones in Brum but never been there with Wednesday.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

8 hours ago, mrgund said:

Is it possible to get to this match in a car? I know I have been before quite a few times on the bus but can't recall if cars were allowed.

Yes. You won't be able to park in the ground on the slight hill just as you're approaching there is a manned car park which wasn't too expensive last year.