The Top Six

Top 6 will be a bigger achievement than last year. Clubs stockpiling players shows how important quality squads will be this year more than ever.

I can see Huddersfield, Fulham etc falling away. They have a good first 11 but lack the squad depth to challenge. Just my opinion of course.

We've exceeded expectations these last two seasons. After selling Antonio, with no investment on the horizon, most thought that we'd do well to beat the drop. Due to Gray's tactics we finished in the middle. Last season we thought we'd get top ten and we finished in the playoffs. Maybe this is the season when we end up roughly where we are in terms of playing staff. We sometimes forget how far we've come in so short a period of time. We're no longer an unknown quantity, nor are we an underestimated team now. For the first time in a long time beating us is seen as a scalp. You need look no further than the Leeds game to see that. They played like it was their cup final, not ours. Lol. As far as I can see, all we can do is gradually improve the team and build cohesion. Then, when the league is relatively weak, do what 'Boro did and go for it. I think our transfer policy this season was decided by the teams who came down in May.

Oh ye of little faith

Every promotion contender have shown they're prone to a beating. 

Newcastle started out losing 2 on the bounce, Norwich got trounced 3-0 by Brum at the weekend and Villa are on par with us, 5 points and out of the cup. Brighton are only 3 points ahead after losing to Newcastle. Even Derby are level with us. 

We have nothing to fear. 

We replicate our home form from last year we get top 6,

We replicate our away form last year we get a shock on our hands and it could be a surprise team like Bristol/Hudds making the playoffs, 

I am under no illusions the players we have got can dig themselves out of holes, It's why they cost us 4mil etc.

Whilst Burton are comfortably turning over us and Derby and Huddersfield are sneaking wins then we can get to form and turn things around. I saw enough Saturday to convince me we will be fine, Villa, Norwich, Newc are gonna be up there like we all agree but they haven’t had a stroll in the park thus far really,

…But on the other side Joao’s miss is something we have to move on from quickly. That was sole destroying for a lot of us (including him),

20 hours ago, robswfc said:

Reckon we'll finish ahead of Villa, Wolves, maybe Derby too. Brighton look good for automatic this year IMO. Then you've got Norwich and Newcastle, who could both run away with the league, but equally both could find the championship a lot harder than expected. 

We need to beat these teams to finish ahead of them though. We showed in the playoffs we can beat Brighton, so I don't see why we can't beat the rest

Cant see Brighton automatic.

Their only wins have been against strugglers.

they looked very average at the weekend.

24 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Suppose it just goes to show that anyone can beat anyone on the day in this league. Havent seen enough from any team outside the relegated 3 and the 3 that finished in the playoffs to suggest that any other team is going to be in the top 6. Looks like us or derby could have a blip season or maybe even norwich but still think these teams should have enoughh quality to see off the challenge from the chasing pack

28 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Suppose it just goes to show that anyone can beat anyone on the day in this league. Havent seen enough from any team outside the relegated 3 and the 3 that finished in the playoffs to suggest that any other team is going to be in the top 6. Looks like us or derby could have a blip season or maybe even norwich but still think these teams should have enoughh quality to see off the challenge from the chasing pack

I said before the season even started that this is going to be one hell of a tough league to play in, and nothing that I have seen up to now has changed that opinion. Looking at some of the players being signed by clubs all over the championship has only reinforced that feeling really. Almost every club has the ability to beat any other club and I can see a situation at the end of this season where there could be 12 or 14 clubs in with a shout of at least the playoffs with a few matches left. I don't go along with the opinion that the barcodes will steamroller the league either. They've already come unstuck on a couple of occasions and I can see that being a regular occurrence for most teams. I cannot comment on the team spirit at the other clubs, but the way in which we celebrated Sam's goal last weekend shows just what spirit and togetherness WE have, and that could just be one of the main ingredients for success this season. With all the quality players the barcodes are scooping up I can see a couple of them becoming disgruntled if they are not getting regular games. It only takes one or two bad apples or miserable faces in the dressing room to start an epidemic. Let's hope this becomes the case at Newcastle.

WAWAW

UTO