Worst Player fans wanted us to Sign?

Guest domSWFC

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Clinton Morrison thought he was a quality signing at the time turned he was rubbish, Decent bloke though

I like the player came on as a sub and always gived the team  Energy and when he came on as sub are used to win a lot of games and he scored a few  he became actually better near the end of his career at Sheffield Wednesday 

Guest domSWFC
24 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Michael Chopra

I'd bet my house, if he signed we wouldn't have got 10 starts from him. 

He'd have taken that bet too. 

1 hour ago, Manila_Owl said:

I remember a lot of people feeling let down when Oguchi Onyewu used us to get fit for the World Cup and decided to leave after his loan spell.

What a terrible shame.

wim jonk and the Scottish lads, donnelly and o donnell (Rip). Remember being on train to Brighton and people were singing about Stevie May, thought at the time Stevie who? Not a signing but admit thinking David kerb crawler Pleat would be great for the club. How wrong can you be.Also remember alot of excitement over Ken Bates, always thought he was a thrower. Good to be correct once in a while.Going back further Simon Stainrod and Ian Cranson got alot of publicity before being flops.

Edited by OWL1969

Darren Purse.

Lots clamouring for his signing at the time. But a bit of an odd one for me, as I always seemed to go against the majority view on him.

At time of signing:

Owlstalk majority reight signing - class.

Me, past it. Slow and over the hill. Never brilliant in his day.

Three games in.

Me. He's as bad as I expected.

Owlstalk. Early days, give him time.

End of season.

Owlstalk majority. Utter rubbish. Waste of money.

Me. Nowhere near as bad as expected. Got better with time. Held a very dodgy defence together.