Where do you think we will finish based on what you've now seen?

It's interesting that quite a few see us finishing anywhere from 10th upwards to the edge of the play offs. That we just missed out last year, although of course, we did finish 6th, hasn't convinced people that we can go one better this time.

Why is this? Perhaps our poor start, we said we needed to get off to a much better start than last season, and in fact, we've made a worse start. Are people not convinced by our recruitment, or simply we haven't done enough? Is it just a case of, the opposition has got stronger? Certainly the spending power of the three relegated clubs has set the bar much higher than it was last season. Maybe there are some who think, we were the surprise package in the division last year, and perhaps overachieved.

i guess for me, it's a little bit of all of those things, but based on what I've seen, and looking at our current squad, I couldn't confidently predict that we will go one better this time around

1 hour ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Based on what we have shown so far: 19th

Based on our squads potential: 2nd

i would say our squad potential is easily top six...

the 'team' is being held back...

it's not been helped by the bloke who should be vying for top scoring spot looking unfit and overweight...

and not being helped any further by the bloke who is 'looking unfit and overweight' actually being the 'top scorer'...

WE HAVE A GREAT NEED TO SIT THE FORWARDS DOWN AND ASK THE QUESTION 'WHAT SORT OF BALL DO YOU NEED?'

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It's interesting that quite a few see us finishing anywhere from 10th upwards to the edge of the play offs. That we just missed out last year, although of course, we did finish 6th, hasn't convinced people that we can go one better this time.

Why is this? Perhaps our poor start, we said we needed to get off to a much better start than last season, and in fact, we've made a worse start. Are people not convinced by our recruitment, or simply we haven't done enough? Is it just a case of, the opposition has got stronger? Certainly the spending power of the three relegated clubs has set the bar much higher than it was last season. Maybe there are some who think, we were the surprise package in the division last year, and perhaps overachieved.

i guess for me, it's a little bit of all of those things, but based on what I've seen, and looking at our current squad, I couldn't confidently predict that we will go one better this time around

we haven't recruited strongly in area's perceived to be 'in need of the most attention' by onlookers...

we have recruited 'strongly' in m/f, and perhaps 'struggled' with the 'set up'...

the strength of the opposition has increased by 'sussing' us, and in return it's our management teams (or carlos if you want another name for it) responsibility to adapt to that situation...

so far we have show no sign that we will...

any side playing us, and standing about watching us, then trying to out football us, will likely get a proper beating...

but they won't be many of those...

we'll see sides introduce a 'fast high tempo, physical game', with more aerial play as an aspect, hitting us quickly on the bounce whilst we have 'numbers' committed upfield...... 

19 hours ago, BIG D said:

We've added Abdi, Jones and Fletcher to a team that missed out in the play off final and this is poor recruitment?

No this is not poor recruitment this is good recruitment as these 3 would get in almost any team in the league.

However central midfield and centre forward were positions we were good in already. Yes we have improved in these areas but we needed this type of quality at full back and out wide. That's where the poor recruitment comment comes from.

I know we need a squad but im still a believer that a settled side will bring us the best results. How do you have a settled side when you have 4 cm of the class we have ?? That could be our downfall this year but I do predict we will finish 6th.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

No this is not poor recruitment this is good recruitment as these 3 would get in almost any team in the league.

However central midfield and centre forward were positions we were good in already. Yes we have improved in these areas but we needed this type of quality at full back and out wide. That's where the poor recruitment comment comes from.

I know we need a squad but im still a believer that a settled side will bring us the best results. How do you have a settled side when you have 4 cm of the class we have ?? That could be our downfall this year but I do predict we will finish 6th.

hope you're correct...

15 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i would say our squad potential is easily top six...

the 'team' is being held back...

it's not been helped by the bloke who should be vying for top scoring spot looking unfit and overweight...

and not being helped any further by the bloke who is 'looking unfit and overweight' actually being the 'top scorer'...

WE HAVE A GREAT NEED TO SIT THE FORWARDS DOWN AND ASK THE QUESTION 'WHAT SORT OF BALL DO YOU NEED?'

A round one.

11 hours ago, AlbertOB said:

So far we have lost to Leeds, Burton  and scraped a draw at Brenttord..................not looking good...............unless there is significant improvement we will be fighting relegation.....I hope not but on current form thats the truth

lollollol

6 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Jesus wept.

scraped a draw? We could and probably should have won at least 2 of the last three games. 

yes scraped............we were losing until the 93rd minute

maybe we should have won all 3 but we didnt.........unfortunately theres no points for "should have won" games

Im hoping its "rub of the green" and soon we will start knocking them in.........or have we been rumbled and the opposition know how to set up to beat us..........a la Leeds and Rotherham last season

Put my bet on before the season started we'd go up as champions!

Probably not going to happen but hey Ho.

Still very early days though and the overall signs are starting to peek through again.

First half at Brentford sounded extremely promising apart from the finishing, so i still reckon it'll come good.

I still think we need a PROVEN, guaranteed (if there is such a thing) striker.

Someone mentioned McCormack and yeah i have never been his biggest admirer, but if he does come good and gets vital goals he'll be a hero for them and maybe we won't be quite so self congratulatory for not going for him. (Not that i'm saying we should have).

Same with the Rhodes situation. Plenty on here smugly proclaiming we were the finished article up front after signing Hooper but was clear as day we'd struggle when any individual was either injured, suspended or off form, which in our case, across the board was quite often.

Still think we'll be top six, maybe better if other fancied teams flatter to deceive.

Need genuine consistent finishing power.