Where do you think we will finish based on what you've now seen?

6 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Put my bet on before the season started we'd go up as champions!

Probably not going to happen but hey Ho.

Still very early days though and the overall signs are starting to peek through again.

First half at Brentford sounded extremely promising apart from the finishing, so i still reckon it'll come good.

I still think we need a PROVEN, guaranteed (if there is such a thing) striker.

Someone mentioned McCormack and yeah i have never been his biggest admirer, but if he does come good and gets vital goals he'll be a hero for them and maybe we won't be quite so self congratulatory for not going for him. (Not that i'm saying we should have).

Same with the Rhodes situation. Plenty on here smugly proclaiming we were the finished article up front after signing Hooper but was clear as day we'd struggle when any individual was either injured, suspended or off form, which in our case, across the board was quite often.

Still think we'll be top six, maybe better if other fancied teams flatter to deceive.

Need genuine consistent finishing power. 

Might be worth putting another one on, you'll get better odds now

On 28 August 2016 at 12:04, StudentOwl said:

Pretty much yes

You look at individual deals, eg Abdi for £4 million. On paper, that's one of the best transfers any Championship club has done this window

Steven Fletcher on a free... again, on paper absolutely smashes 95% of other transfers any other club has done out the water... cracking player on a free

Jones for a couple of million... incredible in this market. 

You combine all the transfers together, what has our recruitment been? A bunch of players in their late 20s/early 30s in positions that we were already considered 'strong' in. No resale value in any of them and not addressing the areas we all thought we were weak in last season. We're still weak in exactly the same areas now as we were in May. Arguably the Jones signing is finally addressing the defensive midfielder position, and Buckley can be considered half of the winger issue solved... but we're still weak in both fullback positions (with our only left back turning 31 in a month... there's no long-term player there and again I will bemoan Jake Bidwell going for £1.5 million until I'm blue in the face), still weak in the wings, still weak for a bit of oompf in the midfield on the bench if needed and still lacking pace. 

Signings have been great. Recruitment, poor. 

Spot on. Top 10 but it will be a struggle. A few injuries to the back line and we're done for.