"Back to our best today"

29 minutes ago, dnhc said:

you're correct on the last 2...

but are wrong about size...

we won little ball in the aerial duels at brentford, other sides will see that, and i wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if we're forced into playing far more in the air than we have been...

playing wednesday at hillsborough? 'set up with 2 banks of 4, and get a foot in when you can, when the ball is won early release to 2 fast 'raiders' and get the ball airborne as often as possible...

at home, you can go with 3 at the back (we have little width), and 5 in m/f, same attack...

we're not rocket science to crack, we got away with it last term due to english championship sides having some 'poor' tactical managers...

whilst early on in the season, ipswich 'ripped us a new un' at portman road with a simple through ball in the air...

v Ipswich away we had 5 in midfield including Hutch, possibly one of the tallest and best heading midfielders you could imagine.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

v Ipswich away we had 5 in midfield including Hutch, possibly one of the tallest and best heading midfielders you could imagine.

you could have maradona, messi, and pele in there, ipswich go over it when allowed, and built on ten bob and a blackie's egg too...

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Just now, dnhc said:

you could have maradona, messi, and pele in there, ipswich go over it when allowed, and built on ten bob and a blackie's egg too...

your and my post together are a 'summary' of 'carlos thinking' in relation to 'championship football'...

'i'll go with five in m/f and swamp them', ole thripennybithead 'humps it over the top', GAME OVER...

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

your and my post together are a 'summary' of 'carlos thinking' in relation to 'championship football'...

'i'll go with five in m/f and swamp them', ole thripennybithead 'humps it over the top', GAME OVER...

Great idea for a money-making scheme.

You and me hire a big room at the stadium. You and Carlos debate Footie tactics. At £25 per ticket, this time next year dnhc you and me will be millionaires.

5 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i'm free...

I will get in touch with Carlos and set it up.

I once wrote to the club, asking if I could write a book in conjunction with Wilson and MM, making it a unique book written from 3 perspectives; fan, manager, owner, Match by match for one season.

I got a two or three paragraph very polite reply, which basically translated into fack off.

46 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I will get in touch with Carlos and set it up.

I once wrote to the club, asking if I could write a book in conjunction with Wilson and MM, making it a unique book written from 3 perspectives; fan, manager, owner, Match by match for one season.

I got a two or three paragraph very polite reply, which basically translated into fack off.

it would...

i find your post very 'enlightening'...

i erm! am somewhat realising the ahem! 'understanding' of the person i am presently corresponding with...

i was in the brentford end and heard a lot of them saying what a good side we looked .....like everyone else says if it had been 0-5 at half time brentford couldnt have complained .i thought we were excellent but still dont think thats our best team .

57 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Anybody who did go Saturday really needs to watch the full match to see just how good we were.

Anybody who went and doesn't think we played good well you may aswell give up now.

Everybody would have to admit we played very well, but we didn't win again. Drawing when we play that well, isn't good enough, especially when we are losing to sides like Burton and Leeds

1 hour ago, coopswfc76 said:

But you don't always win when you should but put consistent performance in & more often than not you will get 3 points.

Saturday was the right performance so keep that up & the rest will fall in to place.

We also played very well at Norwich, much tougher opponents, and followed it up with Burton and Leeds. If you are not the sort of side that will pick up points when you are not playing well, then it's imperative that win when you do play well

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

We also played very well at Norwich, much tougher opponents, and followed it up with Burton and Leeds. If you are not the sort of side that will pick up points when you are not playing well, then it's imperative that win when you do play well

I'm sure you've watched football long enough to know that things can change very quickly. We could quite easily underperform in our next 3 games yet win them all.