Last few days of the transfer window

33 minutes ago, HalfFull said:

How do you work that out? You went to the match yesterday. A match we dominated* in the first half, missed at least 6 good chance including Jaoa's miss from less than a yard out and equalised in the 93rd minute. Add to the mix Hutchinson's and the team's celebration.

* dominated according to 1) John Pearson (who may be prone to seeing it from an Owls viewpoint),  Dean Smith, Brentford Manager who definitely won't see it from an Owls viewpoint, Carlos, and the Brentford press.

I did go yesterday, and we were much better, but you can't just look at one match. We were unlucky, but again we didn't win. I also went to Norwich, and again we were very good ( but didn't win ) When you play well and don't win, and follow that with a performance like Burton, then you have to take the points from places like Brentford, who actually were pretty poor yesterday.

The squad seems disjointed to me, primarily because there doesn't seem to be a balance in midfield. Can we really accommodate Lee, Bannan and Abdi in a 4-4-2 system?

If we want to be challenging for the top two we need a big couple of days . we need to shift a load of dead wood to free up wages ,and bring some quality in , which will cost money. I think we are four players short of being up there around the top two or three. 

Yeah out of contract players can be signed at any point I believe 

Think I read an article about HRK waiting until after the windows closed to choose a club , bit strange considering he'll likely miss out on international selection 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

For those wanting a LW, does that mean you want FF as a striker?

He has scored one goal as a twin striker since November 7th.

Ipswich at home.

This despite playing predominantly as a striker since then.

We don't need a LW. Fernando should play there every game, from the kick off.

We need 2 players for each position. Including left wing.

46 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Cheers. Though looking through that there's not a lot worth taking out of those.

I'd still like us to bring in someone like Adrian Mariappa or Joel Ekstrand off that list.

However I like some quirky names on there like Suleyman Koc, Yun-Suk-Young and Maximilian Haas for no other reason than just their names. lol

DUO TO LEAVE HAWTHORNS

Tony Pulis has revealed he expects both Callum McManaman andRickie Lambert to leave West Brom on permanent transfers in this window.

McManaman, signed from Wigan in January 2015, is yet to feature for the Baggies this season while Lambert, a £3m acquisition from Liverpool last summer, has played just 12 minutes in the Premier League this term.

4 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Yeah out of contract players can be signed at any point I believe 

Think I read an article about HRK waiting until after the windows closed to choose a club , bit strange considering he'll likely miss out on international selection 

Bit strange? Most players couldn't care a throw about international selection and only interested in the best financial deal. HRK has had his 10 minutes in the sun at international level and probably wont play at a major championship again. He'll probably get a decent contract somewhere and make about 5 appearances in the PL before fading into obscurity only to re-emerge in a couple of years time at championship level

Edited by pickledegghiderman

54 minutes ago, pickledegghiderman said:

Bit strange? Most players couldn't care a throw about international selection and only interested in the best financial deal. HRK has had his 10 minutes in the sun at international level and probably wont play at a major championship again. He'll probably get a decent contract somewhere and make about 5 appearances in the PL before fading into obscurity only to re-emerge in a couple of years time at championship level

Yeah, suppose your right 

sometimes you just assume that all footballers want to do is play .. But modern game isn't like that anymore