Last few days of the transfer window

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Strange how other clubs in this league can spend big without falling foul of FFP then ( not including the relegated three) 

Derby just spent £8m on vidyra plus all the rest for last two seasons, I don't care what their income is it ain't enough to cover that lot!

3 hours ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Derby have made their move. 

Time to make ours. 

By doing what ?   Spending £8.5m on a bang average striker ?

2 hours ago, 1963owl said:

you are assuming he still wants to leave,im assuming he wasnt lying when he said he wants to stay. Hes not underperforming anymore than the others,probably less

Dreamer, wake up and smell the coffee..

he's the catalyst....

What else could he say when it went "public" ?

5 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

casalyst for what exactly mate

He he, think you've had more "consumption" than me tonight mate TBH. 

By catalyst I mean he's potentially causing or contributing to the lack of effort being put in at times by some on the pitch, he was our top scorer last year but in the last few games his name has hardly been mentioned (yes mentioned, I don't go to many games nowadays) and for someone who was our top scorer last year (and apparently our "talisman") he now seems to find ways to disappear and be less effective..

For whatever reason he aint doing his "magic" anymore... Who knows, Maybe that's why he wasn't in favour at Watford and the reason we got him "on the cheap" ?

1 minute ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

By catalyst I mean he's potentially causing or contributing to the lack of effort being put in at times by some on the pitch, he was our top scorer last year but in the last few games his name has hardly been mentioned (yes mentioned, I don't go to many games nowadays) and for someone who was our top scorer last year (and apparently our "talisman") he now seems to find ways to disappear and be less effective..

For whatever reason he aint doing his "magic" anymore... Who knows, Maybe that's why he wasn't in favour at Watford and the reason we got him "on the cheap" ?

lets get this right,ff doesnt turn up at norwich & some of the other players think, "well im not putting any effort in then!" lol

3 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

lets get this right,ff doesnt turn up at norwich & some of the other players think, "well im not putting any effort in then!" lol

Nope, didn't say that but I have known it where some of the team get together and decide how it's going to go in order to force a point, be that CC, FF or just to get Mr C to splash more cash...

Think about it for a few seconds.. If you thought you were good enough...

12 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Weve played 5 games. FF has played 3 1/2? Why is everybody writing him off. The rest of the squad arnt exactly pulling up any trees at the moment are they? Who says FF doesnt want to play for us any more. This forum seems to be the worst wednesday bashers imaginable. Get rid of CC?   Rubbish...

Get rid of FF....rubbish.

Why get rid of our best assets. Give it time. Get behind the club and stop bashing it . There are too many prima donnas on Owlstalk who seem to attract hero worship from the lemmings on here. It really is a pathetic set of posters. Many can only post daft pictures of a man with a pipe. I will probably get slated for these comments...but I question the loyalty of most posters.

Think you may have missed thebpoint, the discussion is probably more around "has FF caused the disruption that is stopping the rest of the squad from pulling up trees"...

or, Is it CC ? lol

anyone else noticed how many relatively new posters are on here complaining, perhaps they should state their previous username(s)...

1 hour ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

And you've come to this conclusion because he's not been as effective in the last couple of games? Against Burton and Leeds the whole team was woeful you couldn't single out anybody. Players go through patches where they don't perform to usual standards. I said in another thread that Forestieri's problem is after his whole drama recently, he's going to be judged on every game, the fans who still hold a grudge with what happened will nit pick for anything and question his commitment if he doesn't give a 9-10/10 performance or score. 

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Dont have a previous user name. Why the question? 

Appologies mate if it doesn't apply to you but there's loads of posters on here that have gone AWOL over the last few months for "whatever" reason, while so many "new" posters have come on here spouting the same old poo as those that have disappeared...

As I say, I appologies if you're not one of them... 

13 minutes ago, Coyt said:

And you've come to this conclusion because he's not been as effective in the last couple of games? Against Burton and Leeds the whole team was woeful you couldn't single out anybody. Players go through patches where they don't perform to usual standards. I said in another thread that Forestieri's problem is after his whole drama recently, he's going to be judged on every game, the fans who still hold a grudge with what happened will nit pick for anything and question his commitment if he doesn't give a 9-10/10 performance or score. 

Get thi coyt, tha's pulled....

He aint been effective since the Brighton play off, not just the last couple of games, yep, he scored a goal against Villa but given his celebration he didn't really enjoy it...

If FF goes and it's a big if after the stand the club made he would have to be replaced with a  big name otherwise there would be a load of negativity heading the clubs way

Personally I can't see it happening but I can't see us spending big as I think  DC is building slowly because the league has gone crazy