Happy 30th Birthday - Kop Roof :-)

2 hours ago, Prendo's boots said:

Remember being 0-5 down at half time...Lineker hat trick too I think...was on the Kop for both games mentioned!! Before the seats went in it was the best terrace anywhere...brilliant!!

graham sharpe (i think)

Best thing to ever happen to the kop was stick a roof on it as it was the last ground in the country to have an uncovered home end, at last we could make some noise. The worst thing to happen to the kop was stick seats in it as that again has reduced the atmosphere. The golden kop years 1986 to 1993 were tremendous.

7 hours ago, Soul Power said:

Best thing to ever happen to the kop was stick a roof on it as it was the last ground in the country to have an uncovered home end, at last we could make some noise. The worst thing to happen to the kop was stick seats in it as that again has reduced the atmosphere. The golden kop years 1986 to 1993 were tremendous.

you sure about it being the last home end .....

9 hours ago, Soul Power said:

Agreed although I think because of our boards decision to go cheap and stick some pillars in it,  the kop also lost something and became not the same awesome terrace it was.  BTW I thought it was seated summer 1992 not 1993

Edited by Geedee