Tempo

I'm not a hoofball merchant, but our build up is slow bordering on snail-pace. We allow teams so much time to get men behind the ball. They know we will pass around the back, out to the flanks, recycle, and out to Hunt or Pudil again.

Got to mix it up more.

Is it just me or do we need to put our free kicks and throws into the box, at least sometimes?

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I'm not a hoofball merchant, but our build up is slow bordering on snail-pace. We allow teams so much time to get men behind the ball. They know we will pass around the back, out to the flanks, recycle, and out to Hunt or Pudil again.

Got to mix it up more.

Is it just me or do we need to put our free kicks and throws into the box, at least sometimes?

We certainly need to raise the tempo & we don't take the opportunity to whip a cross in when out wide. But today I thought we used far too much long ball & hoofing it up to Fletcher & Hooper partly due to our slow tempo allowing the opposition to get back behind the ball. I thought when we had the ball Leeds did the same as Rotherham last season & got two banks of four behind the ball & closed the space that Bannan & Lee etc usually exploit.

These people are PAIDED to do this. They are very physically able to play two matches a week. I'm sorry buts that just an excuse for an ordinary performance at best. They are not so tired that they can't bring themselves to preform to their best in a derby match against one of our greatest rivals in front of 30k +.

59 minutes ago, Bobster01 said:

These people are PAIDED to do this. They are very physically able to play two matches a week. I'm sorry buts that just an excuse for an ordinary performance at best. They are not so tired that they can't bring themselves to preform to their best in a derby match against one of our greatest rivals in front of 30k +.

Hi bobster

when the past tense of paid is paided, it's time to go to bed.

To move the ball fast requires all players to be highly focused, high on confidence and on each other's wavelength. The performances where we've passed other teams off the park and looked like world beaters were on such occasions last season. There have been some disrupting factors at the start of this season, but if we can put those behind us and integrate the new players into a system that everyone understands, I'm confident we will start to put teams to the sword again.