Drop+who+?

4 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

He got 15 minutes at a point in the game where either team could have won. 

Hes also playing for his place in the starting 11. 

You cant expect him to look a world beater and totally change the game in such a short period. 

I dont and i like him as a player and am glad we got him 

But having said that if he's to stake a claim to either Bannans or Lees' shirt he has to show much more than he has done so far 

Vydra was possibly the best player i saw at S6 the season before last and when he was available last season i was praying for us to break the bank to get him but we didn't Reading did and all that fabulous form he'd shown for Watford deserted him and it was huge loan fee peed up the wall

Basing Abdis form for Watford as a reason to bin one of our 3 or 4  best players of the last couple of season is madness to me 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I dont and i like him as a player and am glad we got him 

But having said that if he's to stake a claim to either Bannans or Lees' shirt he has to show much more than he has done so far 

Vydra was possibly the best player i saw at S6 the season before last and when he was available last season i was praying for us to break the bank to get him but we didn't Reading did and all that fabulous form he'd shown for Watford deserted him and it was huge loan fee peed up the wall

Basing Abdis form for Watford as a reason to bin one of our 3 or 4  best players of the last couple of season is madness to me 

Its a discussion that'll just keep going round and round......

Abdi has hardly had a sniff in his proper position - how good would Lee be wide right?

Lee & BB are great in our midfield, they were part of a team last season that made 6th, comfortably, but never really threatened to finish any higher. This season we are looking to improve, hence the recruitment. So IMO it's fair argument that the new recruits should be given a fair chance. If we were top of the league then fair enough, leave it as is - but we've lost 3 games in 9 and got out of jail 3 times to win. We look good at times, very good too, but we're struggling to take our chances when on top. Ok that can be argued it's the strikers at fault, admittedly they aren't scoring enough, but attack builds from midfield and we play better football coming through that area than wing play and crosses. 

Again, I'm in no way knocking BB or Lee, great players both - but given the chance we just might discover that we have players better than either / both those 2. 

2 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

............... I'm in no way knocking BB or Lee, great players both - but given the chance we just might discover that we have players better than either / both those 2. 

Good point....... and if that day comes then hopefully CC will play the best players in their best positions rather than trying to accommodate 'favourites' in roles that they're uncomfortable with or ineffective in.

15 hours ago, McRightSide said:

And that is why CC is in charge...

DROP LEE!

I said Bannan and Lee are untouchable at their best. At that point they weren't at their best, smart arse - and still aren't, but performing closer to the levels we saw last season.

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

My only issue with Bannan and Lee is that I don't think the protect the defence enough especially on the counter.

I also think when Abdi plays we keep the ball better.

We have conceded 12 goals so far this season, only 3 when Abdi has been on pitch!

Lee made one of the highest amount of interceptions in the league last year. Probably because he doesn't go steaming into every tackle even when he wont win it like Hutch people don't notice ?

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

My only issue with Bannan and Lee is that I don't think the protect the defence enough especially on the counter.

We have conceded 12 goals so far this season, only 3 when Abdi has been on pitch!

We have only scored 4 too.

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

True. We look a much more solid side when Abdi plays as a narrow left sided midfielder. Similar to last season with Bannan in that role. 

Whenever we move away from that and play with 2 wingers and 2 out and out forwards, we concede goals for fun.

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Talking of modern football, Fletch is now our Muller how he moves upfront, can score and set up others.

Once Reach and Buckley are ready to be played on wings to get crosses in like BAYERN do, we will mulla someone.

But 4 - 5 - 1 for me tomorrow, until 70 th minute or unless they score first.

Sign MANCIENNE in January and its top 2.

It's not always about being a world beater it's about what's best for the team.

I like most love Bannan and thought he would be better centrally this year... However, I now do not think this is the case. He is a very creative player and in CM sits far too deep and plays a role that doesn't suit us or him. He needs to effect the play in the final third not play as a quarter back who doesn't offer much in the way of cover for the back four.

He should have a spell on the sidelines in my opinion.

Witg Abdi he came on for 15 mins and played 15 yards higher up the pitch than Bannan. Played every ball easy and tried to play them forward and always offered an option. While this seems basic it allowed other players (Lee bombing on and full backs getting in the final third) to flourish putting the opposition under pressure and eventually resulting in us getting the winner.

Ok that might not be anything special to the naked eye but it essentially contributed to us winning the game.