Drop+who+?

Westwood

Hunt   Lees   Hutch    Pudil

Lee    Jones   Abdi     FF

Hooper  Fletcher

Strength/creativity in the middle.

Something to worry about and energy down the flanks and takes pressure off fullbacks.

System we're used to with a strong spine.

Edited by sonofbert2

I just think it's asking too much for this side to football their way to promotion. Sides now realise they can't sit back and let us play, and more importantly, they realise we aren't good at the physical stuff. Sometimes our football is a delight, but We need some steel in there. Most Premier League sides will have, not one, but two midfield enforcers in their line up. Even Tottenham, renowned for their footballing ethos, have Dier and Wanyama sat in there. We need to address this now, if we want to get our season back on track

Id like to see Lee drop to Right back , Jones sat in front of back four in his natural position and a four man midfield in front of him 

Jones

Buckley  Abdi  Bannan  Fessi 

Take your pick, Bannan, Lee, Wallace?.

All are too lightweight, you can get away with one, maybe two, but not all three.

We desperately need some players who can be physical and put themselves about.

Today, all 3 in midfield were too easily knocked off the ball.

Edited by adelphi1867

3 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Take your pick, Bannan, Lee, Wallace?.

All are too lightweight, you can get away with one, maybe two, but not all three.

Lee has been fine from what I've seen.

Bannan was good against Norwich.

Wallace can "kick a ball" but he's the type of player who is a world beater or a disaster like a lot of wide players.

We need to protect the full backs by playing to our strengths.  Attacking and chasing back, i.e energy.

We need more creativity in the middle (Abdi) as well as some steel (Jones).

We have options up front and a better bench as a result.  Let's get back to doing what we're good at first and foremost.

Guest everydays_wednesday

please can we just play people in the positions they usually or always play......seems like we have a few square pegs in round holes at the moment.

7 hours ago, Stoop said:

Lee and Bannan seem untouchable, but I'd like to see Abdi and Jones together next weekend 

This 100% why spend £7 million on two players and then not play them in their best positions. Abdi must be wondering why he came here.

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Not sure about Lee but the other two were very good

I am a big fan of Lee but him and Bannan in midfield can really struggle and did so today

exactly why I thought Lee did well, he had no help what so ever today.Bannan was poor today as was Wallace and Abdi,but Lee gave his all

9 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Both Bannan and abdi were poor today so I'd fancy Lee and Jones next week, but that only works if we play two out and out wingers

As i said when we signed ABDI,and which is now even more relevant that we have signed Jones

If we shoehorn in our perceived best midfielders,we have an unbalanced midfield.. A strength becomes a weakness..

We need to play our bet two midfielder ability+form=starter,,

bannanman is playing not so well so drop him until he is one of the best two again(abilty,and form)..This makes the central midfield a great strength on all levels,,Two excellent midfielders,on form,and aware that two motivated teammates are pushing them hard for a spot...

There is no excuse for not having that strength in depth. ie 2 strong options in each spot....Then when Wallace,like now,i having a dip in form,we should have another strong option ready to step in.but it seems we don't..

We need -------- left back,centre back(should have had got sasso or better in earlier,if only sasso,then get him in and look for another anyway..Sasso will retain his value..Its a banker,that means the pressure if off..)a very sey winger.or two,maybe a cheeky upgrade on hooper(that might be harsh tho)

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Wallace and Hunt, with Lee to right back.

Buckley and Jones in , plus Mawson from Barnsley - just pay  up. And throw in Lavery and McGugan to shut up their fans.