Drop+who+?

Drop Lee to right back.

Not ideal but he'd be so much better than Hunt there IMO. He's got the energy to get up and down. 

Matias Jones Abdi Bannan

Forestieri

Fletcher

Try that when everyone is fully fit. It's difficult because I don't think Bannan is effective out wide, but it's essential for me that Abdi plays in the middle. And Jones looked very tidy when he came on today. Can see him sitting in front of the back four steadying the ship and providing some strength.

Ffs!

most of you lot are in the Stone Age. Right now so is CC.

modern football is a squad game and we have 4 very good midfielders (their variation is another topic) but they should be rotated in and our formation should be tweaked depending on who we play and formation we line up with.

The fans and management need to get used to having more then 11 good players and stop shoe horning some players in to the team.

round pegs in round holes and all that

Feared the worst when I saw the team sheet for today - not a single lesson learned from Tuesday..or the PO final for that matter.

Lets face it, we have been average at best this term so far..We were a bit lucky against Villa and to a degree Norwich, who were very lackluster.  

Lee at RB inst the answer - we need a proper RB in to challenge hunt.

Jones to sit in front of the defense...Buckley wide right, Abdi Bannan/Lee central and FF on the left

Fletcher/Joao up front.

Hooper misses out until we play 2 upfront again.  I still think he will score goals but not in the current setup.

The priority now is to tighten things up, we look far too vulnerable at the moment and we need to stop conceding goals.

if we can get this right, then we can be more adventurous and play with two strikers..if we do this CC has to be sure about who he picks in midfield - the Bannan Lee axis is starting to look too predictable, lightweight and tired.  A Jones Abdi midfield maybe the longer term answer.

CC also has to adapt the formation to suite the opposition - its not a one size fits all and some more flexibility and a little less stubbornness is needed - we need to keep teams guessing rather than sussing us out after 20 minutes.

This scenario reminds me of the last season Laws was in charge - we got worked out far to quickly and regularly.  Result Laws got the sack and Irvine came in!

29 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

The play off final told us where we needed to improve. No issues from that day have been addressed. Midfield enforcer and pace in the team

Yes, its a huge concern that it might go boobies up, having got so close. We didn't need too much adding, but we did need a slightly more targeted recruitment drive

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Drop Lee to right back.

Not ideal but he'd be so much better than Hunt there IMO. He's got the energy to get up and down. 

Matias Jones Abdi Bannan

Forestieri

Fletcher

Try that when everyone is fully fit. It's difficult because I don't think Bannan is effective out wide, but it's essential for me that Abdi plays in the middle. And Jones looked very tidy when he came on today. Can see him sitting in front of the back four steadying the ship and providing some strength.

That team finishes about 12th. Where are the goals?

Get Hutch back in midfield for the next match if Loovens is fit. I don't want to see Abdi or Bannan played on the left out of position, completely ineffective and a waste of talent. Abdi and hutch in the centre next game for me, the rest haven't performed well enough (Abdi out of position).  As others have said, it's a squad game. Bannan and Lee are untouched at their best but they've been far from it this season so far.

20 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Ffs!

most of you lot are in the Stone Age. Right now so is CC.

modern football is a squad game and we have 4 very good midfielders (their variation is another topic) but they should be rotated in and our formation should be tweaked depending on who we play and formation we line up with.

The fans and management need to get used to having more then 11 good players and stop shoe horning some players in to the team.

round pegs in round holes and all that

Fudge, totally agree with you mate, but CC's team selection has been pretty consistent to date. Time to start to use some of the new players and make some controversial team selections.

would drop Wallace to start with, vastly over-rated by many

including carlos unfortunately. he may even be one of those

players who is undroppable until the manager is replaced,

hope not buts lets see.

also pudil cant run, another overrated player. shocking

at the 1-4 at Bristol last season. am daring to say helan

is a better left back defensively, simply because he can run.

nothing going forward but lets stop conceding for now.

hunt struggling too so theres the lee at rb option in a 4-2-3-1.

4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1 the way ahead as we have nothing

on the wings so may as well dominate the middle.

wwood

hunt lees hutch helan

lee jones bannan

.....abdi (free role)

...fletch fessi

or

wwood

lee lees hutch helan

...jones bannan

buckley abdi fessi

.....fletch

if carlos keeps playing abdi left and Wallace right he can go for me

because mid table is the best we could hope for.