Forestieri

On 20 August 2016 at 15:04, ohgoditsjames said:

It's his fault that our RB and LB couldn't defend? It's his fault that Wallace has lost last seasons form? It's his fault that Abdi is being played out of position? It's his fault that Bannan played deeper? It's his fault that no one crossing the ball to left side where he plays? It's his fault that Hooper didn't start?

Clueless.

So you are telling us it was FF fault ....

i know it.......:ph34r:

Edited by TheEnd1976

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Quoting part of a sentence kind of changes the context of it there.

As a forward he didn't fire us anywhere, happy to be proven wrong but fairly certain only a fraction of his goals came from him playing up front and as a wide / midfielder he did far more, scored far more. I may be blinded by the fact our manager keeps stating that. It may be changing my memory. 

At least 7 of his 15 goals came as a forward.

He was also credited with 8 assists (he actually created a lot more) last season and guess where he was playing for every single one?

Up front. 

This idea that he's far more productive as a left winger because he's scored a few goals late in games while playing there, is silly. 

There are plenty of reasons Carlos plays him up top.

6 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

He was also credited with 8 assists (he actually created a lot more) last season and guess where he was playing for every single one?

Up front. 

This idea that he's far more productive as a left winger because he's scored a few goals late in games while playing there, is silly. 

8 goals in 10 wide left. 

7 goals in 30 as a striker.

Simples.

(Not forgetting that whilst he was banging the goals in from the left, it also allowed Hooper to bang them in left right and centre)

12 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Up front. 

And sorry but your assists stats are wrong.

Of his 8 assists 4 came when we had two other strikers on. Two v Huddersfield, one v Brum, and one v Blackburn.

Far more effective player for the team when he plays left. 

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

8 goals in 10 wide left. 

7 goals in 30 as a striker.

Simples.

(Not forgetting that whilst he was banging the goals in from the left, it also allowed Hooper to bang them in left right and centre)

Again, deceiving.

He played most of those games alongside a striker that didn't suit. He was 1 in 2 for us as a forward before Hooper turned up. Going by your silly projections, what's that? 23 goals over a full season with a more suitable partner.

If it was as simple as you make out, Carlos would play him as a left winger. But he doesn't. Why? 

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Again, deceiving.

He played most of those games alongside a striker that didn't suit. He was 1 in 2 for us as a forward before Hooper turned up. Going by your silly projections, what's that? 23 goals over a full season with a more suitable partner.

If it was as simple as you make out, Carlos would play him as a left winger. But he doesn't. Why? 

Wish I knew.

7 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Played as a forward in all 3 mate. Sorry. Nice try though.

Huddersfield he started up front but losing 0-1 we brought on Hooper to play with Joao.

Brum away he started up front but losing 0-1 we brought on Nuhiu to play with Hooper.

Blackburn home, my (amateur) reading from my seat that might was we started 433, with FF, Hooper, Joao. 

Its so obvious we play better, and FF plays better, with him not as a CF.

Bur I dont know why you bother keeping this going. Carlos agrees with you. He plays FF up front. It should be my blood pressure rising, not yours.

5 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

There speaks a players union rep !

Dunt matter how much upset there "client" causes he will always be on their side...

Thought you might have learnt your lesson with ROJO TBH...

Ivwe literally no idea what you are on about

And i suspect that makes me several steps ahead of you!

2 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

The loss/antics of our most influential player will have an effect.

The "effect" at Norwich wasn't as noticable when he wasn't playing as in the subsequent games when he was, by your own admission and the "effect" we should get rid, or better still, get him to go and mow Meggo's lawn for the next few years..

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Huddersfield he started up front but losing 0-1 we brought on Hooper to play with Joao.

Brum away he started up front but losing 0-1 we brought on Nuhiu to play with Hooper.

Blackburn home, my (amateur) reading from my seat that might was we started 433, with FF, Hooper, Joao. 

Its so obvious we play better, and FF plays better, with him not as a CF.

Bur I dont know why you bother keeping this going. Carlos agrees with you. He plays FF up front. It should be my blood pressure rising, not yours.

Hudds - 3 up top.

Brum - Just take a look at Hooper's 2nd. The ball didn't come in from the left. 

Blackburn - Joao played on the left.

FF is a forward who is more than capable of filling in as a left winger when needed. You can probably put him anywhere and he'd do a job.

Thankfully Carlos seems to see him the same way. Looking forward to seeing him making and scoring plenty alongside a more suitable partner in Fletcher.

6 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Up front. 

There are also plenty of reasons a paid professional coach (our one at that) has in at least two separate interviews stated FF scores more playing out on the left. 

But it talk is cheap, and despite him saying that he played him yesterday up front. My prediction is that will not happen many more times this season as he A) isn't as good a finisher as Hooper, B) isn't as good in the air as Fletcher, C) has more energy than both these players combined and its wasted confined to upfront D) as with energy creativity is wasted if confined to the final third.

i guess as season pans out we will see. As we seem to clearly disagree on FF best role and Hooper finishing abilities.

But i I do enjoy reading your view, even if I disagree with it!  

7 hours ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

The "effect" at Norwich wasn't as noticable when he wasn't playing as in the subsequent games when he was, by your own admission and the "effect" we should get rid, or better still, get him to go and mow Meggo's lawn for the next few years..

It's really down to DC/CC whether it's better for the club to keep him or sell.

I'm happy to trust their judgement.

They know the details of how FF antics have effected the togetherness and spirit in the squad.

I'll say it again though, FF's behaviour hasn't helped us. 

Edited by RichSheffWeds

Here's a conspiracy theory to get the Owlstalkers top dogs on the case. Is it just a coincidence that against Burton and l**ds the best three or for player's performances arguably came from players that have allegedly signed very good contracts recently, plus Fessi's? 

I believe that KW, & SF were two of the better players against Burton and the same two again along with Tom Lees for the game against l**ds plus Fessi giving it his all and very nearly doing the business with that all important first goal..

Could it be that Fessi has had his contract improved and the other players are miffed about it, or is that reading too much into it? Are the rest of the team just a bit tired after the two performances against Villa and Norwich?

The thing that worries me most, is that since Hull out-muscled us at Wembley and  bullied us all over the pitch, Burton and l**ds have done so in successive games with only Tom Lees, the only one willing to bounce Sacko off the pitch late in the second half. You cannot rely on the officals giving our players protection in such games and I was wanting our players to be a bit more physical in the first half when the ref showed that he wasn't interested in the heavy handed tactics l**ds were employing. Sheridan was not one of the biggest players we ever had but he would let players know when he had had enough of them fouling him. I was very surprised that Fletcher didn't give their number six a good battering when he had the opportunity, especially after he had been elbowed in the head a couple of times with the ref waving play on.

Forestieri played well Saturday. Should have buried the first chance but I imagine he's a bit too keen to make up for what happened and thus rushing things.

Use him as a scapegoat as much as you want, but the rest of the team have been substandard a fair bit so far, especially Wallace, Pudil, Hunt, Bannan.

Just need to get that win to get the lads confidence back up again

I couldn't bring myself to sing FF name on Saturday. Not going to boo him but needs a bit of making up to do for me to think about cheering him again.

I know we all make mistakes and its takes a big man to apologise and all that but bit much to welcome him back with open arms like some are doing.

Not sure if we really know if was the FF situation that might have affected team spirit, only those in the dressing room will know.

Win this Saturday though and everything SWFC wise will seem much brighter.