Forestieri

I don't lose much sleep over the stupid things our players do. Not many of them are renowned for their common sense, style or powers of logical reasoning. FF made me feel sick last week with his stupid stunt, but he's apologised to his team mates, manager, chairman and fans. What should he do next, chop off a leg or get sold for a song to an opposing team. Even the self righteous Owls talkers that want to blame him for several of our players playing like England players in a finals knockout game against Iceland, surely noticed that he was one of only a handful of our players that actually turned up today! When are the rest of them likely to apologise for not turning up against Leeds?

Only a minor point but we're foooked without FF.

He scores the majority of our goals, can win games single-handedly, and it was proven that when he doesn't play, we struggle.

Plus there is nobody out there we can afford to replace what he gives us.

Sometimes you've got to see the bigger picture like Fergie did with Cantona.

Some of you lot must have been watching a different game to me yesterday. He was the only player on our team I thought looked likely to create something. If he scored them two chances  in the first half. this thread wouldn't even exist. To blame Forrestieri on Jack Hunt and Pudil's poor form is laughable really. 

1 minute ago, Daavies; said:

Some of you lot must have been watching a different game to me yesterday. He was the only player on our team I thought looked likely to create something. If he scored them two chances  in the first half. this thread wouldn't even exist. To blame Forrestieri on Jack Hunt and Pudil's poor form is laughable really. 

correct mate

fessi palyed really well yesterday,always trying to make something happen.as for hunt on leeds first goal when your bombing forwards all the time you gunna get caught out of postion.

have a look at leeds 2nd goal buckley just watched him cross it didnt even attempt to make a tackle.yet knowone on here is making him a scapegoat.

13 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

stupid stunt, but he's apologised to his team mates, manager, chairman and fans. What should he do next, chop off a leg or get sold for a song to an opposing team. Even the self righteous Owls talkers that want to blame him for several of our players playing like England players in a finals knockout game against Iceland, surely noticed that he was one of only a handful of our players that actually turned up today! When are the rest of them likely to apologise for not turning up against Leeds?

I misread the first bit.

Guest BULGARIA
On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 17:01, yunga_swfc said:

Disappointed how easy Wednesday fans all forgiven him, quite sad really we let a player completely take the p!ss out of us all because we are so desperate for success

pathetic

Yep.

4 hours ago, Daavies; said:

The first was a sitter. Score that  - and he really should have - we win.  He wasn't  blameless yesterday. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

The first was a sitter. Score that  - and he really should have - we win.  He wasn't  blameless yesterday. 

I agree. Other forwards take a lot of flack for missing sitters/chances. Yet yesterday his feedback largely positive. 

If he's going to be up top, he needs to convert more. My fear is that his career scoring form isn't an accident and he isn't the guy to fire us to a top 2 or even 6. 

Not it to say he can't play alongside or behind that player. Just for me, he's not a striker / center forward. 

I don't claim to know what is going on in FF head but I was in the players lounge yesterday before the game where FF's wife was saying he should have left, she doesn't care what happens with the club she just wants him to be happy which is understandable from her point of view. Maybe he is still feeling a bit unsettled and hopefully in time he will accept what has happened and settle back down

1 hour ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

I don't claim to know what is going on in FF head but I was in the players lounge yesterday before the game where FF's wife was saying he should have left, she doesn't care what happens with the club she just wants him to be happy which is understandable from her point of view. Maybe he is still feeling a bit unsettled and hopefully in time he will accept what has happened and settle back down

Well that's encouraging...

1 hour ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

Nice of his wife to be so up front. 

Sure such alleged remarks really help the situation. 

We will see how this thing develops over the next few months, but I just don't get good vibes out of the whole thing. 

2 minutes ago, scram said:

Although he did last season

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

I agree. Other forwards take a lot of flack for missing sitters/chances. Yet yesterday his feedback largely positive. 

If he's going to be up top, he needs to convert more. My fear is that his career scoring form isn't an accident and he isn't the guy to fire us to a top 2 or even 6. 

Not it to say he can't play alongside or behind that player. Just for me, he's not a striker / center forward. 

Quoting part of a sentence kind of changes the context of it there.

As a forward he didn't fire us anywhere, happy to be proven wrong but fairly certain only a fraction of his goals came from him playing up front and as a wide / midfielder he did far more, scored far more. I may be blinded by the fact our manager keeps stating that. It may be changing my memory.