Poor+recruitment

Players we have brought in are all very good, but I agree we haven't ticked all the boxes we needed to tick.

Fletcher and Buckley I think have added something different but the others are in the same mould as we already had. Abdi should be viewed differently if played as an attacking central mid though. 

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think Fletcher on paper is a really good signing. 

Describing him as our worst singing in years is pretty moronic imo. 

He will come good, adds some presence in there but we haven't had any real sustained periods of pressure and we seem to use him more as a link player.

29 minutes ago, modboy said:

All we really needed was a beast at CB and a DMF.  Instead we have fannied around with flair players that have eaten up all our budget 

Hopefully our budget still has enough slack in it to rectify those shortcomings Slightly worried though, that Carlos doesn't see the same issues as some of us

16 minutes ago, modboy said:

All we really needed was a beast at CB and a DMF.  Instead we have fannied around with flair players that have eaten up all our budget 

The flair players win promotion

The rugged "beasts" stop you getting relegated

No problem with upgrading our flair players - the problem is that they aren't being used correctly

2 minutes ago, scram said:

The flair players win promotion

The rugged "beasts" stop you getting relegated

No problem with upgrading our flair players - the problem is that they aren't being used correctly

Didn't the rugged "beasts" make the difference in the play off final? 

Appreciate it's one game in isolation, but surely a midfield enforcer (who can play a bit) wouldn't go amiss?

Admittedly it's very easy suggesting these improvements. 

31 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Appreciate it's one game in isolation, but surely a midfield enforcer (who can play a bit) wouldn't go amiss?

Yes, it's the balance we have wrong

Edited by gurujuan

Just now, SiJ said:

These players cost a lot of money.

A big defensive midfield player, who can pass, score, tackle, cover ground- pretty sure Carlos or any manager would love a player like that, do we have a spare 10 million quid to go out and get one?

29 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A big defensive midfield player, who can pass, score, tackle, cover ground- pretty sure Carlos or any manager would love a player like that, do we have a spare 10 million quid to go out and get one?

If we can afford a creative player like Abdi, a good signing by the way, then surely bringing in a defensive midfielder shouldn't be a problem. More likely we don't have one because Carlos doesn't believe we need one. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nope. Probably not. 

It's something we are missing though, no doubt. 

Reckon me and you could take on Lee, Bannan and Abdi in a scrap...albeit Bannan would hack away at the shins. 

I was an advocate for signing Jedinak - would have been perfect

Unfortunately it seems some of our fans cant handle the fact there are better players out there who don't play for us - "where would he play" etc etc

Same as Bannan/Lee - it's almost sacrosanct that they play central - we have a better player so one of them must make way

I said that last season was an unusally weak championship - we'll need to do better just to stand still

Some fans got totally carried away

Have we not just strengthened positions we're already strong in?

I really hope our dealings arent over, especially as teams know they can bully us or close us down. If they stop us playing to feet they've won half the battle. We have no pacey forward to pump it to if our usual lovely flowing style is curtailed by some decent closing

Our fullbacks can't cross. I mean, look at it - hunt, Pudil, palmer, helan. Which team would have them in a promotion side? And at CB sasso is cover for champ level at best

Ahhhhggg

Rant over

After the villa game, Ian Holloway told Carlos that a club the size of Wednesday should be able to put key players on the bench. Perhaps this is what he was getting at.

We want to play everyone but they don't fit, then there is also no one pushing them if they are all playing. 

I dont expect anything to change on recruitment though. We don't want any more centre halves so Hutchinson will not get to play midfield until loovens comes back. 

39 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

After the villa game, Ian Holloway told Carlos that a club the size of Wednesday should be able to put key players on the bench. Perhaps this is what he was getting at.

We want to play everyone but they don't fit, then there is also no one pushing them if they are all playing. 

I dont expect anything to change on recruitment though. We don't want any more centre halves so Hutchinson will not get to play midfield until loovens comes back. 

I wonder if his stubbornness will be his undoing. Hope not, because, for the most part, he's been a breath of fresh air