Just pay him the money !! .....

Argh this new mobile version sucks,anyhow.... 

It's all relative isn't it. 

To me FF is our most valuable player and he probably feels he should have wage parity with fletcher etc. 

He's our constant 9/10 performer etc 

8 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

I will, why on earth should I pay my money so someone who thinks 30 k  a wee k isn't enough, and decides not to play.

I wouldn't worry. FFs position is untenable IMO from a host of standpoints........ his teammates, his boss, many of the fans, setting a bad and dangerous precedent and also for just acting in a disgraceful  and plain wrong manner.

Edited by Dagmeister

We will all find out the result of this saga tomorrow. I reacted harshly about the situation yesterday, it's a shame that this has happened but we need to move on. It's one player. I put all my faith in the club, chairman, manager and our players to create the most positive outcome from this situation. As supporters we need to back the clubs decision, our priority is promotion and any negative energy surrounding one particular player is nothing but a distraction. 

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

Argh this new mobile version sucks,anyhow.... 

It's all relative isn't it. 

To me FF is our most valuable player and he probably feels he should have wage parity with fletcher etc. 

He's our constant 9/10 performer etc 

There's ways and means though, for Carlos to be that anoyed you know the club have tried...

To train for the week for a "big" game only to pull out at the last minute is tottally unacceptable..

ask any woman...

lol

2 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

There's ways and means though, for Carlos to be that anoyed you know the club have tried...

To train for the week for a "big" game only to pull out at the last minute is tottally unacceptable..

ask any woman...

lol

If CC is annoyed, he should find the person who offered Fletcher £40k esp if that's more than FF's salary

11 minutes ago, scram said:

You don't pay your money for the individuals and you dont decide where it goes

If we paid our money relating to the competence and/or morality of the players we would have ceased to be a club decades ago

True. Plenty over the past couple of decades alone have turned up and masqueraded as footballers, happy to pick up the wages that our club has paid them without really putting in a great deal of effort to earn it.

Purely hypothetical but If Fessi is on around 25k p/w and wants an extra 15k per week to match Fletcher's wages and this would secure his services for another year I would glady match that provided he signed a non-disclosure agreement and this was kept private and confidential behind closed doors.

Publically, to save face however I'd take a hard line on his behaviour by suspending him for this offense to send a message to him and the rest of the squad that these antics are unacceptable behaviour. If you have a grievance with the club you must go through the proper channels.

His methods are wrongheaded but his grievance is perfectly understandable. 15k p/w / 780k p/a could be covered by the sale of McGugan to Forest. Not to mention he played a massive role in our playoff windfall from last season so despite his petulant antics I'd bite the bullet for this season in the hope of more than recouping additional wage costs in cup/playoff pay days/extra tv revenue because 15k p/w could be the difference between promotion and missing out again.

Edit: At the end of the season if we don't achieve promotion we cash out our chips while he is still under contract so we can have a full summer window to spend the money recuperated from his transfer fee or we get promoted and suddenly we're the ones negotiating terms.

Edited by TrueOwl

1 hour ago, steveger said:

And that will make you happy ? feeling that you have "got one over" on fellow Wednesday fans ? seriously ? :wacko:

Will it make you happy if we do the "right thing" and make an example of FF - but he goes to a rival, fires them to promotion while we languish in the championship?

I keep saying but if we wanna mix it in the top league then these wage issues will be ever present

So best we get used to it and hopefully our hierarchy will get to grips with the totally fcuked up politics of high level football

On the wage issue, FF is a prized asset and should be rewarded accordingly. To put it into context, he arrived for something like three million. A conservative estimate would suggest a current transfer market value of ten million. If he has another season like last (or better) that figure could easily rise to twenty million or more by the end of the season. To add to that, when he arrived at the club, we were a pretty average, mid table Championship club. His spark played a major part in carrying us all the way to the play off and then Wembley. His skills put a significant number on the gate receipts and subsequent sales of season tickets for this season.

To put it in a nutshell, FF is worth multi million sums to the club.

If I were in his position, I would also want to reap the rewards. In my opinion, he thoroughly deserves to be amongst the highest earners at the club.

I do not for one second condone his alleged actions before the Villa game or, indeed, the follow up actions on Saturday but I really do hope that a mutually acceptable compromise can be found between him and the club then we all move on.

So many people saying he's undervalued by the club.... That he is worth more etc. maybe FF should hire a few of you as his advisor, as his advisor and him seemingly massively disagree to the point that they agreed a long term contract to the contrary. 

If the contract is lower they negotiated and more importantly signed. It wasn't like he had no choice or signed in error. 

maybe I'm too old fashioned but in my opinion if you agree to s contract you honor it. Plain and simple. The club doesn't get to downgrade players contracts that they have signed, if only they could then Dielne and few others may be trying harder to justify their wage. 

22 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

So many people saying he's undervalued by the club.... That he is worth more etc. maybe FF should hire a few of you as his advisor, as his advisor and him seemingly massively disagree to the point that they agreed a long term contract to the contrary. 

If the contract is lower they negotiated and more importantly signed. It wasn't like he had no choice or signed in error. 

maybe I'm too old fashioned but in my opinion if you agree to s contract you honor it. Plain and simple. The club doesn't get to downgrade players contracts that they have signed, if only they could then Dielne and few others may be trying harder to justify their wage. 

Then why are contracts ever reviewed? Why has Westwood, Lees and Lee had their contracts reviewed?

It is because of changes in circumstances both from the players' perspective and the club's. A lot has changed since FF arrived. He signed the old contract based on the circumstances when he arrived. He has since proved himself a worthwhile match winner. If you asked the managers or coaches of other Championship sides who Wednesday's main threat is, I suspect most, if not all, would say Forestieri. Given that fact alone, as a number of players have had contract reviews since, I would be pretty aggrieved if I was in Forestieri's position. He is not only the key match winner but also the most valuable playing asset we have in monetary terms.

37 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

maybe I'm too old fashioned but in my opinion if you agree to s contract you honor it. Plain and simple. 

Noble sentiment and I agree with you in principle...

but this doesn't apply here.  Renegotiating is a common and accepted ploy across all major sporting leagues.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Then why are contracts ever reviewed? Why has Westwood, Lees and Lee had their contracts reviewed?

It is because of changes in circumstances both from the players' perspective and the club's. A lot has changed since FF arrived. He signed the old contract based on the circumstances when he arrived. He has since proved himself a worthwhile match winner. If you asked the managers or coaches of other Championship sides who Wednesday's main threat is, I suspect most, if not all, would say Forestieri. Given that fact alone, as a number of players have had contract reviews since, I would be pretty aggrieved if I was in Forestieri's position. He is not only the key match winner but also the most valuable playing asset we have in monetary terms.

A) other managers and players view of our main threat is not used to set wages. This is lucky for us as two seasons ago all managers and players seemed to fear big Dave more than any other. 

B) Westwood, Lees had clauses built into contract allowing them to leave if met. We reconstructed to remove. 

C) Lee was approaching the end of a contract not 3 years out. If we are to continually review contract based on form we would be in an ever spiraling pay scheme, unsustainable and irreversible. FF has been ace in last 12 months, that form is far superior to the previous 3-4 years of his career. In a years time that may or may not still be the same. History tells us that many players that play well for 12 months do not continue at that level. Only time tells if he will sustain it. 

Last year we paid almost our record outlay for him, his contract won't be tiny and if it is, he negotiated it. As in he asked for that amount. 

People led claiming he's our best player and this is a known fact rather than an opinion I'd ask the following questions: 

How many international caps does he have? 

How many premiership appearances has he made?

how does he fare against the best defenders in England or even in the champions league. 

The answer is unknown, he's untested potential who is a good championship player. 

I wish he wasn't trying to force the issue or dictate our policy as I think he's a vital member of the team and a good player. 

But its totally unacceptable behavior from a player who in reality has had one good to great championship season. 

How many other players do we have whose net transfer value has tripled or quadrupled in one season?

How much is worth paying for an asset that has accrued approximately 7 million in less than a year and will possibly accrue just as much in the next year?

Is it worth paying 40K (two million a year) for such a player or let them go and lose the accrued value?

Just different perspectives on the same argument.

17 minutes ago, clifford said:

Both sides need to compromise. FF needs to apologise to the club and the fans. He should donate this weeks salary to the Sheffield Children's hospital and the club need to offer him a new contract.

Simples

He will not see this weeks salary to be able to donate it, or next weeks, i would imagine.

Guest Wonder Spaniel

What FF has done is dispicable and I  can completely understand people's stance that we need to get rid of him for a whole host of reasons around disrespect and team unity etc.  However, he is potentially a very rare player at this level who could be the difference between us finishing 5th and 2nd (hypothetically), along with a strong performing team. Having seen in the past how we missed out on or lost these types of players that could be game / season changes for us for various reasons (different to now), such as Cantana and Di Canio (and yes I know FF isn't in the same league, but it's all relative), my gut feeling is that we should try and keep hold of Forestieri. There would need to me a lot of apologies and admission of guilt to approaching this in the wrong way for FF for this to happen. However, it this did happen, we (or rather CC and DC) need to take a big step back and approach this without emotion and decide strategically if by keeping him it would increase our chances of promotion. In my opinion it could.

To quote an old saying, 'let's not throw the baby out with the bath water'! Let's do what is best for our club in the long term from a football perspective.